AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
10:03 AM on 08/24/11
SmallFrailBoy
User Info.
Great Review. Seriously. Thomas, you write some of the most inspired reviews on the site and that's not lip service.

One thing I will say: I really wonder how often throughout the course of a year, people proclaim something "the best album of the year". I'd just like to see a review that didn't stack a record alongside all other records released in a given year. It's August - lets give it til December to write lists.
01:12 PM on 08/24/11
SmallFrailBoy
User Info.
I know you might not have been calling me out specifically - but this year, in reviews I've written, there is a casual mention in the Balance & Composure review of it being one of the best records of the year, and I hailed the Wonder Years record, obviously. But the TWY review was more general, and I never called it AOTY. This is the record I call my AOTY because I know it won't change.
Yeah, that wasn't a shot at you specifically - just an observation and criticism of reviews in general. (I'm certainly guilty of it too, btw.)
01:15 PM on 08/24/11
SmallFrailBoy
User Info.
Hey, that review made me want to go listen to that album again. Awful punctuation aside.

Heh.
Yeah, i remember reading that review too - gonna grace us with a review of the new blink 182 album? Don't think you've written one yourself in a long time!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos