resuscitation of the year
User Info.
99% ROFL absolutely fuckin' ridiculous.
so ridiculoussszzszsss
02:36 PM on 08/24/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Comparing Brian Fallon to Springsteen is like comparing Chris Brown or Usher to Michael Jackson.

I'm sure it's a great album and believe the review, but I'm with the other guy, every article or review written about Fallon or Gaslight always brings up Springsteen, it's unnecessary. It's not Nebraska or Darkness on the Edge of Town and he's not Springsteen.
I don't remember saying that he was Springsteen or that this record was any of those records. Maybe that he "borrowed" from that sound....but then again, I guess I forgot that comparisons aren't allowed to be made in reviews.
02:39 PM on 08/24/11
FortheLP
User Info.
From The Review You Didn't Read All The Way Through And although I already basically held this opinion, what Elsie proves is that its time to place faith in Brian Fallon. Hes proven himself multiple times over now as a premier songwriter, a passionate vocalist and a poetic lyricist. Beyond all that, though, is the sentiment that Fallon is a reason to be excited about rock and roll music. The humble New Brunswick native is playing the same music he grew up listening to, but hes leaving very much his own unique branding on it. The comparisons to rock and roll apostles before him may never end, but the future is just as bright as the past is legendary.
Brian Fallon is the future and very much the present of rock and roll.

We should put a moratorium on people who don't get to the end of a review. Or maybe make users take a test on reading comprehension before letting them comment.

This x1000

The score system is crap. If you want to actually know if you'll like an album, read the damn review. You can't understand the nuances of a record from some arbitrary number.
02:53 PM on 08/24/11
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well when you see The Cab getting a score of 95 don't be shocked when people start questioning your scoring system. That being said, this is a great review and Brian Fallon is a great artist so hopefully this is more than deserved.

Edit. I'm fully aware the reviews were by different authors. And I don't mean to go off topic, excited to hear this record.
Agreed
03:19 PM on 08/24/11
maxvsmaradona
"I Am The Truth" coming soon!
User Info.
I love Fallon. I'm excited to check this out.
03:35 PM on 08/24/11
Quijiba
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I honestly wasn't a fan of your reviews at first Nassif. But your last few have been great and this one is your runaway best. I genuinely enjoyed reading it.
Also looking forward to anything Brian Fallon touches
03:53 PM on 08/24/11
Max_123
@HeyMaxSup
User Info.
very well written review, Thomas
made me even more excited to check out the album
03:57 PM on 08/24/11
InfiniteArms
Best Western Beat
User Info.
If this is really better than Gaslight Anthem, I'm beyond excited to hear this.
Yes and I want this right fucking now. Excuse my swearing, I got lost in my excitement
04:14 PM on 08/24/11
Ryan Gardner
@RyanGardnerC
User Info.
I think I'm the only member - especially staffer - on AP that isn't a fan of TGA. I guess I'll still check this out though.

Great review Nassiff
04:21 PM on 08/24/11
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Great review, can not wait to check this album out. I've even refrained from hearing the leaked track/s.
04:22 PM on 08/24/11
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
I want to hear this!
06:00 PM on 08/24/11
McIrish
Liver Alone
User Info.
Though I love Gaslight Anthem. People need to ease off a little. Brian is a good writer and talent musician. But all these Springsteen comparisons and saying he's the future of rock n roll, Come on guys. Unless they change their style of music completely, their never going to be huge mainstream success. Their style of music isn't what mainstream audiences like. It's the Black Keys syndrome, one of the greatest bands out there today, but not enough people like their sound. And before you say anything about Bruce he's been doing it for 40 years back when people listen to rock and roll.
06:39 PM on 08/24/11
Aphasia17
Koi No Yokan
User Info.
Damn, and here I thought I couldn't be any more excited about this record. Really well-written review Thomas.

And let's just abolish scores completely. It'll force people to stop bitching about ratings and actually do some reading.
07:30 PM on 08/24/11
schlotty
See you later, Joben!
User Info.
Damn I love people on this website. Haha.

But I think at least half to three-fourths of my favorite albums this year have been one's that Thomas has reviewed, so I'm expecting this to be at least top five. Been excited for this all summer.
07:57 PM on 08/24/11
Nap
User Info.
I totally agree that Brian Fallon is the new rock salvation. He is THE GUY.
Totally excited about Elsie
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests