Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 166
07:15 PM on 08/26/11
low_rising
Registered Member
User Info.
wasn't that fast, been working on it for a few days
fast as in like 2 weeks + before "release", which i'm glad for.
07:36 PM on 08/26/11
bandnamexmyname
&^%^&
User Info.
I've gravitated away from metalcore in the past few years, but I do agree that this probably their best offering. They did well with this one.
08:00 PM on 08/26/11
dashboardkid88
RVA
User Info.
Good review Drew.

Album is really good. I like how they have matured with each record and continue to get better.
08:41 PM on 08/26/11
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
User Info.
Digging this album and this review. Trying to get my b400tal friend to listen to it, he still thinks TDWP are still the same dudes from Dogs can grow beards all over.
08:52 PM on 08/26/11
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
good review. The progression you keep harping on is spot on. I remember being "eh" on this band when they were first getting popular but I've been sold on them since the Zombie EP. Can't wait for the "you guys score your reviews too high" post.
09:12 PM on 08/26/11
Iownaps3
User Info.
I've gravitated away from metalcore in the past few years, but I do agree that this probably their best offering. They did well with this one.

This. I used to only listen to metalcore type music, Underoath, Zao, As I Lay Dying, etc., but that was 8 years ago, now I've fallen more into the Indie music scene (hipster music, if you will) but Zombie EP was one of my favorite albums from last year, so as soon as I get off work I'll be checking this out!
11:44 PM on 08/26/11
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
I'm waiting the two and a half weeks for my preorder to listen, but from reading this I know this will surpass ABR and hold the throne for best heavy release this year.
07:43 AM on 08/27/11
Greg090793
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think Leveler by ABR is pretty different from TDWP Dead Thone. I think everyones view on AOTY will be based on who they prefer. Both of these albums are HUGE pregressions for both bands and are both stand out albums. Just preference of band i guess will decide everything IMO
08:12 AM on 08/27/11
i_was_a_lid
And This is How
User Info.
I guess I can describe Dead Throne as purely a well-done metalcore album, Leveler as a metalcore album w/ a lot more Jazz/Ambient passages and Volition (As Hell Retreat's new one) as a mid paced metalcore album w/ some parts that sound like Hands/A Hope For Home
There are no "jazz" parts in ABR's latest. Just because a guitarist is not shredding or chugging does not mean its now magically jazz. If you were to call those parts anything it would be latin inspired rock or something, but definitely not jazz.

Dead Throne is excellent. Good review Drew!
08:25 AM on 08/27/11
brandon_260
User Info.
Really good review, it got my so much more excited for this.

Drew, which do you prefer, this or the latest BMTH album?
08:37 AM on 08/27/11
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Great review, can't wait to actually have this so I can listen; I usually avoid streams.

One question that probably has been answered already somewhere else, but wasn't ADTR's Jeremy McKinnon supposed to be a guest vocalist on a song? Coulda sworn I read that somewhere. If not, Tim will do just fine.
09:31 AM on 08/27/11
Ohaidere
User Info.
Good review, this is a great album. I put it above ABR's for sure.
09:32 AM on 08/27/11
Ohaidere
User Info.
Really good review, it got my so much more excited for this.

Drew, which do you prefer, this or the latest BMTH album?
that's a no brainer seeing as how the latest BMTH album was terrible compared to their last two efforts.
10:21 AM on 08/27/11
brandon_260
User Info.
that's a no brainer seeing as how the latest BMTH album was terrible compared to their last two efforts.
I genuinely hope this is a joke. Suicide Season was decent, but anything before that is abysmal.
10:35 AM on 08/27/11
SweetThye
esta noche sera mia
User Info.
Actually Oh, Sleeper's Children of Fire might be the best metalcore album of the year for me. But TDWP has definitely created a more mature record and totally unique sound for themselves. There's absolutely no denying their passion, talent, musicianship, and hard work. Saw them on Warped Tour for the first time and I immediately understood.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos