07:33 PM on 08/26/11
bandnamexmyname
&^%^&
User Info.
Crime In Stereo makes this shit
07:39 PM on 08/26/11
Yogey
User Info.
This is why I hate not having friends who listen to this music. I live 45 minutes from NYC.
haha your friends listen hip hop & Lady Gaga

I wish was there :(
07:39 PM on 08/26/11
infiniteopera
I'll have you beggin' on your knees
User Info.
Still pissed I couldn't go to the free show they did in LA. At least Brand New wasn't opening that night... Would be cool if they recorded this for a DVD or something, with both bands on it. Incidentally, I'm listening to my TAYF vinyl right now, hooray for Long Island.
07:40 PM on 08/26/11
uglystar03
User Info.
Tommy gun
sic transit
Jude law
jaws
70x7
you won't know
As much as I love Brand New, I think this is kind of a shitty set. Too much YFW and Deja and not enough Devil & God and Daisy. I mean, not even one song from Daisy?

/unpopular opinion
07:46 PM on 08/26/11
petethemeat
Balla
User Info.
As much as I love Brand New, I think this is kind of a shitty set. Too much YFW and Deja and not enough Devil & God and Daisy. I mean, not even one song from Daisy?

/unpopular opinion
They probably played older stuff because its a Movielife show and thats the shit they were playing when The Movielife was still a band and touring.
07:48 PM on 08/26/11
Bongi5788
User Info.
Im here right now and its amazing. Looks like people found my BN setlist in the show thread ...crime in stereo just set it off...movielife about to make poppunk history in about ten min.
07:54 PM on 08/26/11
CarpeDiem8711
fght ff yr dmns
User Info.
They probably played older stuff because its a Movielife show and thats the shit they were playing when The Movielife was still a band and touring.
This coupled with the fact Derrick was playing with Sainthood Reps in Philly tonight.
07:56 PM on 08/26/11
katiedontcryx41
we found our own reasons to sing
User Info.
i KNEW i should have gone to this. damn damn damn damn damn damn damn.
07:56 PM on 08/26/11
burrito
User Info.
ugggh my friend is there with THREE extra tickets he couldnt use and i am 5 hours from NY. WOMP WOMP
07:59 PM on 08/26/11
katiedontcryx41
we found our own reasons to sing
User Info.
This is why I hate not having friends who listen to this music. I live 45 minutes from NYC.
we are the same.
08:05 PM on 08/26/11
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Holy shit Brand New is opening??!! I should have bought tickets and flown to NYC for this.

Fuck.
08:08 PM on 08/26/11
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.

/unpopular opinion

I agree about Devil & God but Daisy is easily their worst album (aside from YFW- which I don't even see as part of the bands discography since it's so radically different). You don't follow up a masterpiece that Devil was with an album like Daisy. Its a good record but the least ambitious/exciting IMO.
08:09 PM on 08/26/11
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
I'll have to drink a beer and spin my glorious vinyl copy of 40 Hour Train Back to Penn tonight.
08:11 PM on 08/26/11
3ver So Sweet
User Info.
fuck my life, i should've gone. hey, at least i saw them at bamboozle where they absolutely killed it.
08:12 PM on 08/26/11
70x7
shakin hips, bustin lips
User Info.
Actually for people who could have gone to this show and didn't, you shouldn't be there. This show isn't for you. This is The Movielife's time to say goodbye to their fans. Not to have a bunch of kids who like Brand New and could give two shits about The Movielife come just to see Brand New and leave. It's not like this is Brand New's last show. So what if they haven't played in the area in two years...they've played there a million times in the last ten. This isn't to pick on anybody, but I'm sure Brand New would say the same thing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos