Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 32
12:29 PM on 06/04/07
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Amber Pacific is reminiscent of Boys Like Girls? hahahaha, not really.
The song is, not the band.
12:58 PM on 06/04/07
smelltheglove
youarealldumbemokids
User Info.
yep, thats pretty much spot on. no stylistic change from their last album, but the vocals are a little better and the songs a little tighter, the guitars slightly more complex, etc. a little bit of growth. they're no NFG or Cartel or YC even, but they're solid enough. my only complaint is that some of the songs, like the single, have some unnecessary overproduction (strings/orchestration) that obviously can't be re-produced live...its like 'hey this is our single, lets add strings to the breakdown'...just kinda pointless. my only other complaint is that the verses to almost every song are interchangeable. the drummer (whom is probably the most talented guy in the band) does that tom roll breakdown thing while the guitar does some palm-muted typical pop punk progressions and the singer has the same vocal pattern. the songs all kind of blend together in other words, other than the token ballad (track 7) that reeks of overproduction and the AAretards. i may sound like i'm bashing the album, but I do enjoy it overall, "summer", "you're only young once", "runaway" "dear___" and "follow your dreams" are all nice pop punk songs and if it was 2002 i'd probably be shitting my pants over this album. 6.5/10, solid album, worth owning if you're a YC or Cartel fan.
01:00 PM on 06/04/07
smelltheglove
youarealldumbemokids
User Info.
This is possibly the best drumming not only on the album, but the bands entire existence. Open your ears, junior.

haha Praetor obviously is not a drummer. I'd kill to have this guy's chops, he is by far the most talented musician in Amber Pacific, including the singers vocals as an instrument.
01:04 PM on 06/04/07
vandalroyale
Down and almost out
User Info.
good review...I wasn't a huge fan of their last album either, but i did listen to this on a warm day and really really enjoyed it
01:42 PM on 06/04/07
matt_rawlings
User Info.
Awful lyrics and boring imo
02:08 PM on 06/04/07
trindaddy
Trinconceivable
User Info.
good review. i agree with the score fairly well (plus or minus a few points here or there) and agree it will be a decent summer album.
02:19 PM on 06/04/07
1000shadesofred
Period Blood Sandwich
User Info.
i would feel more comfortable about buying this album if i knew all the songs didnt sound so similar to not only other songs on their new album but to songs from their last album
02:42 PM on 06/04/07
jtrocka182
User Info.
It's not a vast improvement, but enjoyable imo, but I am being bias b/c I'm a fan of Amber Pacific
02:49 PM on 06/04/07
FUCKDIRTYWIPES
Kicking it middle school
User Info.
this is a very dull band.
06:43 PM on 06/04/07
musicunderfire
www.musicunderfire.com
User Info.
I was definately not flattered with their last album or anything they've put out for that matter, yet these guys keep showing up everywhere. I guess I'll pick this up... Its going to be tough for me to accept these guys however. Unless they've done something drastically different, like you somewhat mention, I might be impressed. Honestly, if this album was an 8 or higher, I might consider bending over backwards to run out and get this.
07:10 PM on 06/04/07
12:46AM
is a brain in a vat
User Info.
12:07 PM on 06/05/07
TakeThs2UrGrave
blink and you missed it
User Info.
i agree that it's a great cd....but it doesn't beat possiblity and the promise....poetically pathetic, postcards, and always you (good times) i feel hold down their full-length debut as a straight-through listen (except for that slow song towards the end of the album) and an overall better album....but thats just me
03:17 PM on 06/05/07
seraph713
User Info.
Very solid pop-punk album. I love the songs "You're Only Young Once", "Temporary", and "Fall Back Into My Life".
07:54 PM on 06/27/08
cnnrkysr
Insanity.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is track 12 Standing Up for Yourself or Standing Up For What You Believe In?
track 12 is Dear ____, This Has Always Been About Standing Up for What You Believe In...
11:22 PM on 08/10/08
Iwudstilldie4u
UCSD's AP.net liaison
User Info.
Obviously I'm no pop-rock purist, but to me the drumming in songs like Summer and Runaway is overkill and I think Dango needs to slow it down a little to match the tempo of the song like he does in Fall Back Into My Life and You're Only Young Once. It's the same problem as All Time Low's This Is How We Do. He may be a skilled drummer, but perhaps he would be better in a pure punk band or a hardcore outfit.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos