AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Maida - 08.20.03

Maida - 08.20.03

Interviewed by
Maida - 08.20.03I interviewed Rob, the vocalist for one of my newer favorite bands Maida. Learn more about them by reading this interview, and check out their website @ www.killmaida.com and listen to them at www.mp3.com/maida

Wark: What is your name and what do you do in the band Maida?

Rob: My name is Rob Monroe and I am the vocalist in the band.

Wark: How did you guys form as a band ?

Rob: For three and half years, 3/4 of us used to be in a rock band called Keeping Ellis in which I played the guitar. We started Maida while that band was still our main focus out of a desire to create heavier music. Maida was then considered a side project. KE split for internal problems and Maida became our focus. All of us met in high school, or through circles of social groups.

Wark: What is Maida's philosophy as a band?

Rob: Maida strives to create music that makes them happy, and expresses their individual ideals. We are a "hardcore" band at present but whether we remain in that genre relys on our current stations in life. We just really want to have fun sharing this with people.

Wark: What bands influenced your sound?

Rob: We all grew up on different music, but I think we can all agree on Botch. We all love Radiohead, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Sigur Ros. Just anything inspiring, original, and honest.

Wark: What is your overall goal as a band ?

Rob: Our overall goal as a band is to release music that is far from generic, and makes us all happy. We want to see the world, and be able to support families with this.

Wark: When do you plan on releasing your ep "Remove The Funeral Attire" for the public?

Rob: Our ep, should be available within a few months. We are finishing up art and the layout for it, and we will then get it reproduced. So as long as that will take is my best guess.

Wark: What CD's have you been listening to lately?

Rob: Lately I have been listening to Beecher - Breaking The Fourth Wall. Radiohead - Hail to the Thief, The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium, The Bled - Pass the Flask, Queens of the Stone Age - Rated R

Wark: What are your favorite movies?

Rob: Favorite movies include, Donnie Darko, Waking Life, anything Wes Anderson has done, Punch Drunk Love.

Wark: If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say to you when you arrive at the pearly gates?

Rob: When I arrive, I'd like to hear him say, "Eat the fuck out of that shit!"

Wark: Anything else you'd like people to know about Maida?

Rob: Check out www.mordecaiclothing.com for all of you that wear tshirts, and we are all hella pissed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
08:44 AM on 08/21/03
depthsofdreams
sunny one so true iLU
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm liking this bad already. My friend will be happy...she liked Keeping Ellis and went to their show, but found out they'd broke up. Woo a good San Jose band for once.
09:53 AM on 08/21/03
knowyourechris
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
there are other good bands from San Jose. OPEN YOUR EARS.
06:06 PM on 09/13/03
ThisAintRoss
User Info.
yeah, ever heard of PFR?

hey chris are you in know youre walking?

sj represent
01:54 AM on 10/28/05
FstFtsVsFences
High Risk 401k? Fuck that.
User Info.
Who cares if they're from the same city as me? They suck balls.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos