AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video Games News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Games Round-Up (08/30/11)

Posted by - 09:30 AM on 08/30/11
This week's Games Round-Up can be seen in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
09:30 AM on 08/30/11
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
Thanks to Viva Sonata for putting this together:

Games Round-UpHey, guys, sorry for the wait - this bitch Irene totally took out my internet yesterday, maybe you've heard of her. Anyway, another major conference, PAX Prime, was this week, and there was much to be had in the console gaming world as well as outside! I'll be going by developer this week, just to try and make sure I don't misplace anything!

SANZARU GAMES

- Oh my god, the new footage for Sly Cooper 4 makes me so relieved. Now officially hyped for this game.

SQUARE ENIX

- Final Fantasy XIII-2 has a new trailer for you to see! Sounds a lot like Final Fantasy X-2. And we all know how that went.

- Final Fantasy Type-0, in other news, has been delayed to October 27th for release.

- Despite the new Deus Ex's wonderful and acclaimed performance both critically and commercially, GameStop has had to pull all PC copies of the game, and has since apologized over the affair.

- Check out a new 3DS RPG from Squeenix in the vein of Diablo, Heroes of Ruin.

GEARBOX STUDIOS

- Borderlands 2 made a huge splash at PAX. Perhaps the coolest news all weekend, the group of attendees at Gearbox's panel were forced to swear an oath of loyalty to the studio and 2K Games in exchange for a code for a physical copy of Borderlands 2 when it went gold.

- Lotta new Borderlands 2 details. All four original characters are back, a new gun system called Steamworks, and the world will be a third larger than the first game's environment.

- More GoW3 goodies? Sure!

- A new games based on the Aliens franchise, Infestation, slipped under the PAX radar this weekend, but will be released September 30th in Europe andOctober 11th in America for the DS.

NINTENDO

- LOZ: Skyward Sword's pre-order package, for only 69.99, is pretty dope. For those who were wondering, I DID miss that last week, Nintendo announced the release date for Skyward Sword - November 18 in Europe, and 20th in the States.

BIOWARE

- BioWare sub-team Mythic announced a new Warhammer game, Wrath of Heroes, for the PC. It will be free-to-play, under 1Gig to download, and looks kinda cool to me.

- Star Wars: TOR has a private beta beginning September 2nd, and will run on weekends after that. No release date has been announced.

MICROSOFT

- A new beginning is on the horizon for the Halo franchise. The Reclaimer trilogy, confirmed by 343 Industries, will begin with Halo 4 and be released sometime next holiday.

- In the meantime, Halo: CE Anniversary is being released November 15th, and the pre-order bonus has just been revealed.

MOJANG

- Ladies and Gentlemen, Scrolls, the new game from the team behind Minecraft. The game, according to its trailer is 'coming eventually.'

Contributors: Viva Sonata

sources: cinemablend, playstationlifestyle, CBSnews, gotgame, PSU, gamepur, gamingunion,games.on.net, mmonews, gamespy/joystiq, TFTS, gamerlive, G4TV

There you have it! If I missed anything, feel free to let me know or leave a reply with a link to an article about it and I'll add it to the original post. Thanks for your patience <3<3
09:37 AM on 08/30/11
Charles777
my anaconda don't
User Info.
Pre-ordered Halo Anniv. a few days ago and I'm pretty stoked for it. I still can't believe Halo 4 is coming so soon.
09:47 AM on 08/30/11
esposimi
The Human Fund
User Info.
Check out this game Notch made in 48 hours, called "Prelude Of The Chambered."

http://s3.amazonaws.com/ld48/index.html
09:56 AM on 08/30/11
GreyMatter14
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I thought all PC gamers bought their games through Steam, is it cheaper to get disks?
10:47 AM on 08/30/11
winnebago
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No Resistance 3 love? That game is going to kill!
11:06 AM on 08/30/11
thesinkingship
Hummingbirds who lost the plot
User Info.
The Resistance 3 cover art is going to be reversible. So there's that...
12:03 PM on 08/30/11
Greg.Kushlan
Ghostbusting makes me feel good
User Info.
I don't get the point of paying $40 for a game I paid $50 for 9 years ago.
04:07 PM on 08/30/11
DeviateRogue
Silence of the Rams
User Info.
Where can I sign up for an oath of loyalty to gearbox and 2k? I'd love me some free borderlands 2, I loved the first, but I never quite made it to the end.
05:09 PM on 08/30/11
karadotcollett
altmusiclife.tumblr.com
User Info.
The LOZ bundle is an awesome deal. Might just have to get on that.
06:29 PM on 08/30/11
tednugent
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hooray for new FF
08:15 PM on 08/30/11
Psib
When I get home I'll get high alone
User Info.
Super excited for ffxiii-2 don't give a fuhh what the haters say
10:24 PM on 08/30/11
Viva Sonata
gooberplex.tumblr.com
User Info.
More good news for the Halo: CE rerelease, coming from trindaddy!

- Halo: Reach is getting a free upgrade to integrate its multiplayer with the Anniversary rerelease of Halo: CE, tweaking weapons and armor. Hit up the link for more details.
09:23 AM on 09/04/11
circasurviver
Sammy Davis Jesus
User Info.
Square-Enix is having a Dragon Quest Conference Monday September 5th, video of the next Dragon Quest game is expected to be shown.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...ss_conference/
09:35 AM on 09/04/11
circasurviver
Sammy Davis Jesus
User Info.
Nintendo is holding a 3DS conference on September 13th. Details have not been given but an official website has been made. The conference is said to focus on a new previously unannounced 3ds product.
(a new game? 3ds Lite? Who knows)

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2011/index.html

The Conference will be streaming on September 13 via Ustream and Nico Nico Live broadcast starting at 12 noon (Japan Standard Time, 11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos