Password

Album Review

Shh...This is a Library - Shh...This is a Library Album Cover

Shh...This is a Library - Shh...This is a Library

Reviewed by
Shh...This is a Library - Shh...This is a Library
Released March 27th, 2007
I Had An Accident Records

You awake. A nuisance ray of sunlight slides through the blinds that you thought you had closed last night. Cursing yourself for forgetting, you succumb to the traffic slowly filtering into your thought que. Pent up from twelve hours of sleep, there’s a lot of ideas, miscellany, non sequiturs, and various recollections of dreams you may or may not have dreamt floating around in your head. You allow your imagination space as you turn over to rest your eyes just a little bit more. Planning on being awaken just a few minutes later by another piece of sunlight that annoyingly finds itself slipping under your eyelids, you fall asleep once more into a purgatory-like slumber. With expectations of awaking any minute yet still buckling to the perpetual need for rest, you find yourself in a recognizable state of mind. This is a static wonderland, a tirade of unsung melodies and lovelorn memories, a silent sea fraught with reflections of the ocean of stars above. This is Shh...This is a Library.
“I Noticed None of the Clocks in Your House Are Set” is the moment between waking up and pushing yourself to get out of bed. With an ambient, calm static hovering over the introductory acoustic strum like an air-conditioning duct over your head and the faint sound of chatter behind it all like the street below your window three hours ahead of you, the song begins not only with remarkable beauty but with a signature sound you’ll come to recognize throughout the album. “Is This a Crush?” follows in the latter’s wake and a light drum machine beat and rotating guitar saunter carry the song the rest of the way with only a few slight, et wonderful, interruptions by various playful keyboards and a bass guitar line straight out of American Football. “Sunrise Highway” is first song with vocals and Brent undoubtedly carries the unwavering
This review is a user submitted review from Scott Irvine. You can see all of Scott Irvine's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
03:47 AM on 06/05/07
Praetor
as we melt, let's make no noise.
User Info.
Interesting.
06:34 AM on 06/05/07
mattz123
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I ordered this album a couple weeks ago after seeing it in your recommendations. It seems like it would help me with my sleeping problems, or if not, just be something to relax to as background music. But it still hasn't come yet.

Oh, and that's a really fantastic review. A very "Words are my paint, music is my canvas" style of reviewing. Excellent.
07:46 AM on 06/05/07
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
well, you sold me. I will be heading to their myspace shortly.
04:06 PM on 06/05/07
justinius23
User Info.
great record. just ordered mine :)
06:32 PM on 06/05/07
jellyfish
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've actually been listening to these guys a lot lately. Great review!
06:58 PM on 06/05/07
gnp8472
sever your leg please
User Info.

on the contrary.

i think it has to be one of the best band names ever hahaha.
10:08 AM on 06/06/07
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
I crack up every time I hear the name of this band.
11:08 AM on 06/06/07
turbonium
Registered Gangsta
User Info.
what other bands do this band sound like?
11:50 AM on 06/06/07
Kyle Thrash
@thrash_itup
User Info.
ive been meaning to check this band out since you recommended them a week or two ago. sounds good. great review.
12:14 PM on 06/06/07
omgjames
User Info.
=( i think its sold out already...
12:29 PM on 06/06/07
HHJulia
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Actually the label has a few more copies left and are going to be pressing about 25 more after than. The Annapolis Chosen will again do all the art work, it should be great.
12:30 PM on 06/06/07
omgjames
User Info.
Actually the label has a few more copies left and are going to be pressing about 25 more after than. The Annapolis Chosen will again do all the art work, it should be great.

a few more of the original 50?
12:50 PM on 06/06/07
Scott Irvine
Your Virtual Pnin
User Info.
what other bands do this band sound like?

A very delicate offspring of American Football and The Album Leaf.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos