AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Signing News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Razor & Tie Signs For Today

Posted by - 07:23 AM on 09/04/11
For Today have signed with Razor & Tie to release the band's upcoming album. They are currently in the writing stages for a 2012 release. Read the press release in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
07:24 AM on 09/04/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Press ReleaseRazor & Tie is pleased to announce the addition of Christian metalcore juggernauts For Today to its expanding label and publishing rosters. The Sioux City, Iowa based band will hit the road this fall / winter with The Devil Wears Prada, Whitechapel, and Enter Shikari for a national U.S. tour. The band is already in the writing stages for its forthcoming new studio album which will be released in 2012.

"We can't even begin to explain how excited we are to join the Razor and Tie roster. The label has shown tremendous confidence in their ability to continue developing us as a band, and to build on the foundation we've set," said For Today lead singer Mattie Montgomery. "Anyone who follows our band should know, this changes nothing about our commission or our passion. This means that, as we continue to proclaim the nearness of hope for the nations of the earth, from this point forward, we will do so with greater force, presence, and prominence than ever before."

John Franck, Senior Vice President of Marketing for Razor & Tie comments, "We're thrilled to welcome For Today to the R&T family. The band's incredible energy and positive message is a well needed breath of fresh air."
07:32 AM on 09/04/11
SkateFirm21
on the brightside, she could choke.
User Info.
i feel like they're signing everyone.
07:59 AM on 09/04/11
jornor
RVA
User Info.
Haha word
08:11 AM on 09/04/11
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Hopefully they get the support the need/deserve. Feel like a signing to SolidState should have been a logical choice but well see
09:14 AM on 09/04/11
Rodeo
User Info.
Hopefully they get the support the need/deserve. Feel like a signing to SolidState should have been a logical choice but well see

I feel like if they wanted to go Solidstate, they probably could have.

Congrats, guys. Keep killin' it.
09:36 AM on 09/04/11
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good sign. There were so many kids at Warped with For Today shirts.
10:01 AM on 09/04/11
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Can't wait for new music from these guys.
11:46 AM on 09/04/11
SourStuff
Five Body Blade Vocalist
User Info.
Amped for new material.
02:34 PM on 09/04/11
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Stoked for a new album. Surprised to see them leave Facedown though.
02:37 PM on 09/04/11
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
Hope this is them on the way to bigger and better things!
04:17 PM on 09/04/11
JayDanielHammer
then-now-maggle.tumblr.com
User Info.
Really love them. Cool!
04:50 PM on 09/04/11
mantipede
And the full moon seems to know me.
User Info.
Bring it. One of the only hardcore Christian bands I like (not as in they're a hardcore band, but that they're really fucking into Jesus). Breaker was amazing.
08:52 PM on 09/04/11
DemBitties
I ended up as food for wolves
User Info.
It's incredibly sad that this band's message is completely lost on me. I dig the tunes, but hate all the Christian theatrics behind it.

No problem with your band believing in God and making your lyrics indicidive of it, but as soon as you put on those blinders and live life as a religious viligante in the name of Jesus Christ, you lose track of what's around you. I would really enjoy them alot more if they cut out all the preaching.
09:34 PM on 09/04/11
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
It's incredibly sad that this band's message is completely lost on me. I dig the tunes, but hate all the Christian theatrics behind it.

No problem with your band believing in God and making your lyrics indicidive of it, but as soon as you put on those blinders and live life as a religious viligante in the name of Jesus Christ, you lose track of what's around you. I would really enjoy them alot more if they cut out all the preaching.
Personally, I feel like a band can write about whatever they like, so long as they continue to make good music. In fact, earnest lyrics - be it about God or a girl or what have you - interest me more than wishy-washy lyrics.

Isn't this the label Norma Jean's on? Interesting choice, because I remember NJ being an odd fit there too. Solid State would have been a more coherent switch in my opinion - or just sticking to Facedown - but we'll see.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos