Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
04:20 AM on 09/05/11
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
I wholeheartedly disagree with the comment: "the Red Hot Chili Peppers have never exactly been predictable". They are one of the most predictable bands around in my opinion -- their sound is so identifiable I have never heard a track and been surprised to find out it was their work.
Since Californication RHCP really seem to be stuck in a creative limbo, happily cashing in on successful past tricks.

The review as a whole is well written, you offered your opinion and gave your reasons. I wish I could like this more, and am always willing to overlook the Chili Peppers' shortcomings (lyrical genius, Kiedis is not -- you misspelt his name btw) but am disappointed with this record.

Glad you enjoyed it though, keep up the good work!
04:19 PM on 09/05/11
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Lot of filler for me. Could probably be said about any double-disc release. I wish they had made three records, six months apart, like they had originally planned, instead of all at once.
I agree with this. Stadium Arcadium was a decent record but not the kind of double LP I coud sit through in one or even two separate spins.
Everyone knows RHCP lyrics aren't strong but I can't help but listen to SA and think nobody in history has ever had less to say throughout 28 songs than Kiedis did there.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests