AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 81.
12:48 PM on 09/05/11
lilRIPsta
User Info.
Love RHCP. Blood Sugar Sex Magic will always be their masterpiece, but EVERY album is extremely solid
12:50 PM on 09/05/11
canvasofwinter
User Info.
Despite everything you said, it's a good-sounding record. And see above, I realized that the sentence was not written clearly enough. Unchartered territory was meant to refer to them writing again without Frusciante.
I'd be interested to hear what you disliked about Stadium Arcadium. I think it has some of their most imaginative writing ever, and it has some really amazing moments- the end of Wet Sand is just beastly, for example.
12:55 PM on 09/05/11
W/O a Parachute
User Info.
wow, surprised there isn't more love for this record in the comments. I absolutely love this record. Brendan's Death Song and Even You, Brutus being my 2 favorite tracks at the moment. I love it from front to back. I never listened to any Pre-BSSM Peppers, but from that record and on I feel like this holds up incredibly well with the rest of their catalog, most closely resembling By The Way.

It definitely feels like the band made a departure, which I guess is credited to the loss of John, but the new guy adds some fantastic parts, and I don't find myself missing John as much as I had anticipated.

For me, this record along with the latest Foo Fighters and Hellogoodbye albums are my most played for the year.

Edit: Anyone complaining about the lyrics couldn't have liked a single Peppers song, ever. You know what you're getting. expecting more is the fault of your own.
12:56 PM on 09/05/11
W/O a Parachute
User Info.
I'd be interested to hear what you disliked about Stadium Arcadium. I think it has some of their most imaginative writing ever, and it has some really amazing moments- the end of Wet Sand is just beastly, for example.
Wet Sand melts my face everytime. My favorite Peppers song

and Stadium Arcadium is an awesome record to blast with the windows down on a long drive up the coast. It's a very enjoyable record for me. and again, i don't understand the hate.
01:01 PM on 09/05/11
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I disagree this record seemed like them going through the motions, it was two things a RHCP record should not be, safe and boring.
01:12 PM on 09/05/11
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Stadium Arcadium is by far my favorite record from them. And to clear everything up, yes, Frusciante WAS on Californication.
01:13 PM on 09/05/11
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
This. Probably their best record as a whole.
01:55 PM on 09/05/11
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
if this is like californication, i might to check it out. i'll borrow from my roommate and if I like it I'll buy it at some point
02:15 PM on 09/05/11
Quijiba
User Info.
i enjoyed this album much more than i thought I would. Klinghoffer sounds pretty damn good with the chilis
02:32 PM on 09/05/11
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
i think you all got a different record than i did. this is the new rhcp right? because the cd i have made me laugh out loud because it was so fucking horrid. anthony keidis' lyrics are that of a two headed beast, one head is that of a drooling baby, while the other is a retired boxer. what im trying to say is the man clearly has no brain cells left.

klinghoffer brings absolutely nothing to the table either , just a downgraded Frusciante. he even does the falsetto backups, and thats just fuckin corny. to me, all this record is, is a second dose of proof that John Frusiante is the creative force behind this band.

also, what uncharted territory did they cover on this release? they added a keyboard to the mix? for a band this eclectic, i have trouble finding that to be a big deal. as for the tone, it has regurgitated Frusiante tricks all over it.

im sorry man, you're review is well written, and generally i think you're a smart agreeable dude, but i'm struggling to find a sentence i agree with. it was One Hot Minute that had Dave Navarro too, btw. The whole point of Californication was that Frusciante was back in the band again.

A metaphor you have to explain isn't a good one
02:38 PM on 09/05/11
djbussell
User Info.
without frusciante/slovak they shouldnt even call themselves rhcp... repeated mediocre at best albums with navarro and klinghoffer, just another decent rock record
03:04 PM on 09/05/11
Shinobi1791
HAPPY HOLIDAYS, YOU BASTARDS!
User Info.
Not the best Chili Peppers record and I wasn't expecting it to be, still very enjoyable though and Josh fits in well unsurprisingly as he's been touring with them and has been playing with John Frusciante for years on his solo records which is why I was confident he would fit but bring something different. I do feel like he's got more to give though.
03:58 PM on 09/05/11
brainstew123
User Info.
i dont get why lyrics to a brand new song are in qoutes for this story on the new page
04:04 PM on 09/05/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
i dont get why lyrics to a brand new song are in qoutes for this story on the new page
Every time we post staff reviews we post a quote to go along with the links. It's almost never a quote from the record we reviewed. You aren't that new here so I'm surprised you haven't caught on to that.
04:05 PM on 09/05/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Lot of filler for me. Could probably be said about any double-disc release. I wish they had made three records, six months apart, like they had originally planned, instead of all at once.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums