Username
Password
Video Games News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video Games
Inside AP.net

Games Round-Up (09/06/11)

Posted by: Linda Ferreira (09/06/11)
This week's Games Round-Up can be seen in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19.
08:58 AM on 09/06/11
Linda Ferreira
retired maillady
User Info.
Thanks to Viva Sonata for putting this together:

Games Round-UpI thoroughly apologize for the wait on this - I moved into a new apartment and am currently sharing an ethernet cable. The next edition WILL be on time, as we're buying a router at the end of the week. Wanna help? Send Linda Ferreira a PM and she'll give you the rundown on how you can help make my life MUCH easier. K LOVE YOU BYE <3

Welcome back to another busy busy week in the gaming industry. First there was GamesCom, then PAX Prime, and now Call of Duty XP is overflowing the world with more news on the franchise than ever before. There's more to come down below, but for now, let's take a look at some of the highlights of this week.

CALL OF DUTY XP

- Modern Warfare 3 had a huge presence at the expo, naturally, with a first look at the online multiplayer, new perks and weapons to go with it and a new, revamped Killstreak system. New game modes also were highlighted. I like the idea of 'Kill Confirmed' mode.

- MW3's 'Hardened Edition' leaked recently, and preorder bonuses to go with it will round about the total price to $99.99.

- Call of Duty: Elite, a new service, will help bring a more social connection with Facebook compatibility and clan support. 'Premium' users of CoDE will get new weapons, content, and DLC before everyone else, but will cost $49.99 to have.

- Activision showed a side of generosity, and revealed that they funded a sequel to the fan-made, zero-profit film Find Marakov to be filmed and premiered it tat the conference.

MISC.

- Deus Ex: Human Revolution will receive its first DLC, 'The Missing Link', inOctober.

- Speaking of Deus Ex, RACIST MUCH? A journalist from Time Magazine thinks so.

- Epic Mickey 2 may already be in development. Was that game even good?

- Atlus released a ton of new information pertaining to the Persona series. P4 rerelease, P4 Fighter AND P5? YES PLEASE.

- Duke Nukem might be getting a new game sooner than we think.

- A ban in Germany that was enacted in 1993 to prevent older teenagers from buying the game Doom has been lifted.

- Square Enix is confirmed to release the new title in its Dragon Quest series, Dragon Quest X, for the Wii and Wii U.

- Ever wonder why Minecraft isn't on Steam? The Word of Notch has spoken.

- Xbox LIVE Rewards will now be available in Australia and New Zealand.

Contributors:
Viva Sonata

Sources: destructoid (much love for aking CODXP to handle!), joystiq, bit-tech, reddit, kotaku, BBC Tech VG 24/7
09:00 AM on 09/06/11
ghsNICK!
To remember, and to let go.
User Info.
Got MW3 Hardened.
Totally worth it price-wise.
09:39 AM on 09/06/11
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
The Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Racist Video" is probably the product of a few of the developers getting super high one night and thinking it was funny. It's like that episode of that 70's show where they record their ideas while high and listen to it the next day and realize they're fucking morons.

Seriously though, who let that game character past quality control?
10:02 AM on 09/06/11
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
User Info.
Submitted by circasurviver!

- Nintendo is holding a special press conference on the 13th about a unreleased 3DS project. Let the speculation begin.
10:06 AM on 09/06/11
DooDooBird
User Info.
Did anyone else ever play Blast Corps on N64? What a game!

I feel like buying an N64 off of eBay right now so I can play some of these cartridges I still have.
11:01 AM on 09/06/11
SSLYBY
Back in the saddle.
User Info.
What's the verdict on dead island?
11:24 AM on 09/06/11
DooDooBird
User Info.
It's gotten positive reviews.
11:54 AM on 09/06/11
Chris Immunity
Immunity Clothing
User Info.
Got it at midnight, played it for a solid 2 1/2 hours. Great graphics, game play is smooth. I like it so far
12:17 PM on 09/06/11
AnotherTale...
User Info.
Did anyone else ever play Blast Corps on N64? What a game!

I feel like buying an N64 off of eBay right now so I can play some of these cartridges I still have.
F that dude I'll sell you mine!
12:31 PM on 09/06/11
TSTLSOOM
Hayley > Hayley
User Info.
Got it at midnight, played it for a solid 2 1/2 hours. Great graphics, game play is smooth. I like it so far
was it anything like Left 4 dead? (ive been xbox liveless since my internet shitted on me)
12:44 PM on 09/06/11
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
User Info.
was it anything like Left 4 dead? (ive been xbox liveless since my internet shitted on me)
It's more like a melee Borderlands with zombies. The zombies are similar to the L4D zombies and the tension is similar. It's mostly melee weapons and the weapon system is kind of like Dead Rising 2.
01:58 PM on 09/06/11
John_Barnes
I'm not a self help book.
User Info.
Epic Mickey was far too dark for my tastes, not sure what kind of demographic they're aiming for with that game.
02:30 PM on 09/06/11
MonstarGibson
...spin 'round carousel..
User Info.
Xbox Rewards has yet to work for me. Such a waste.
04:25 PM on 09/06/11
circasurviver
Sammy Davis Jesus
User Info.
Epic Mickey wasn't a GOTY but it was a good game. If the sequel improves the controls and camera then count me in. Oh and to have that awesome cutscene art in HD is would be amazing.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS