Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

A Very GK Holiday Adds New Bands

Posted by: Christian Wagner (09/07/11)
The Audition, Action Item, Sparks the Rescue, We Are The In Crowd, and more have been added to A Very GK Holiday show.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17.
08:45 AM on 09/07/11
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
gotta hand it to GK, they know how to kill a promising festival faster than an eyeblink. Still will go for Wonder Years and Dangerous Summer, but TDS being that low on the lineup bothers me.
08:50 AM on 09/07/11
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
gotta hand it to GK, they know how to kill a promising festival faster than an eyeblink. Still will go for Wonder Years and Dangerous Summer, but TDS being that low on the lineup bothers me.
I don't think TDS is low at all, the bands above them are all definitely larger.
08:54 AM on 09/07/11
njdevils327
User Info.
I don't think TDS is low at all, the bands above them are all definitely larger.
Yeah i didn't say they were bigger than the bands above them. I'm just saying, WATIC i get it, its their hometown so they're headlining poughkeepsie, but you can't tell me they should be second on the bill for day 2. Hopefully they add some good bands to fill out the roster. But 26 for a 2 day pass is still a tremendous value.
08:57 AM on 09/07/11
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah i didn't say they were bigger than the bands above them. I'm just saying, WATIC i get it, its their hometown so they're headlining poughkeepsie, but you can't tell me they should be second on the bill for day 2. Hopefully they add some good bands to fill out the roster. But 26 for a 2 day pass is still a tremendous value.

That's an awesome price. I think it makes sense that they would be second on the bill, really. They have a lot of buzz right now and have been doing some pretty big tours. I wouldn't at all be surprised if they were bigger than the other bands already announced!
09:01 AM on 09/07/11
njdevils327
User Info.
That's an awesome price. I think it makes sense that they would be second on the bill, really. They have a lot of buzz right now and have been doing some pretty big tours. I wouldn't at all be surprised if they were bigger than the other bands already announced!
I don't know about that man, plus this festival was setting up pretty awesomely to be a continuation of pop punks not dead, with Such Gold, TWY, TDS, and others on the bill and then they kind of killed that vibe with the stereotypical female-fronted pop-rock band. Also, you're in GBC? I bought that album at warped 2010 in Oceanport, good stuff.
09:06 AM on 09/07/11
kidinthebushes
User Info.

I wish they were bigger but I just saw them last week play in front of maybe 50 people on their headlining tour.
09:09 AM on 09/07/11
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't know about that man, plus this festival was setting up pretty awesomely to be a continuation of pop punks not dead, with Such Gold, TWY, TDS, and others on the bill and then they kind of killed that vibe with the stereotypical female-fronted pop-rock band. Also, you're in GBC? I bought that album at warped 2010 in Oceanport, good stuff.

Yes I am! That's sweet, thanks man! We have new songs out and Ryan did a review of them for the site, check that stuff out i you have a second! absolutepunk.net/thegroundbreakingceremony (shameless plug.)

From what I remember of Warped last year, when i saw WATIC, they had crowds at least as big as TDS had all this year. Nothing against them obviously, those dudes all rule, along with the rest of the bands on the bill. It's a decently diverse list, and will definitely be a sweet show.
09:18 AM on 09/07/11
philbylink
the shower's in the toilet
User Info.
bummer that theaudition is not on the danbury show.
10:01 AM on 09/07/11
ZWarner
User Info.
I'm pretty sure Glamour Kills is just sponsoring the event Killer Cool Entertainment is behind all the booking!
10:28 AM on 09/07/11
punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
no the audition at danbury show, not cool.. still gonna be an awesome show
11:06 AM on 09/07/11
Lollygags!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm pretty sure Glamour Kills is just sponsoring the event Killer Cool Entertainment is behind all the booking!
correct!
01:48 PM on 09/07/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
I wish I could be at this.
05:53 PM on 09/07/11
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
Yes I am! That's sweet, thanks man! We have new songs out and Ryan did a review of them for the site, check that stuff out i you have a second! absolutepunk.net/thegroundbreakingceremony (shameless plug.)

From what I remember of Warped last year, when i saw WATIC, they had crowds at least as big as TDS had all this year. Nothing against them obviously, those dudes all rule, along with the rest of the bands on the bill. It's a decently diverse list, and will definitely be a sweet show.

1) I love your EP and I can't wait for more stuff from you guys.
2) I enjoy WATIC and yeah they had a good sized crowd at Warped when I saw them. They seemed to get a pretty good reaction on the ATL summer tour too.
06:25 PM on 09/07/11
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
1) I love your EP and I can't wait for more stuff from you guys.
2) I enjoy WATIC and yeah they had a good sized crowd at Warped when I saw them. They seemed to get a pretty good reaction on the ATL summer tour too.

Thanks a lot! Glad you like it too. We have a few new songs on iTunes! Check it out and let me know what you think :). You can find Ryan's review from our profile too.

WATIC have always been tight. Hope the new album gets them a lot of attention.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS