Male - 24 Years Old
It Gets Better is so weird. Hearing the Sleigh Bells comparison
10:53 AM on 02/13/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 28 Years Old
Now that I've listened to it all the way through, I have a few thoughts about this. I definitely can see the band getting big with this record, which would be awesome in my eyes. That said, I'd be lying if I said I loved this record after listening to it. Before people get freaked out by that, I think this is a well done record and there are some great tracks on it. However, the record really did not grab me like Aim and Ignite did when I first heard it. It just lacks something I can't put my finger on, something that keeps me from really enjoying it like I want to. Perhaps it's the programmed drums, maybe it was the hip hop/modern R&B vibe in some of the songs or it could be my own exceptions not being lived up to. Perhaps down the road my opinion will change and I'll love it as much as I love Aim and Ignite but right now, I'm not really feeling this.
10:53 AM on 02/13/12 
User Info.
geebee889
Registered Goober
Woodstock, GA
Female - 26 Years Old
Album is amazing. "Why am I the One" gets the spot as my favorite song on the album, it's so damn good.
10:54 AM on 02/13/12 
User Info.
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
Philadelphia
Female
It's easy for me to accept that not everyone is gonna be as well-versed in music as others.

Yeah I had to explain who Bon Iver is to my best friend last night. Good time
10:54 AM on 02/13/12 
User Info.
SleepsSundays
Pro-Stars, Pro-Skies.
Birmingham, UK
Male - 25 Years Old
Dunno how someone could hate that intro. Just does not compute.

It's the background opera and all the sound effects. I guess I'm not really into that kind of bombast and pomp?

For reference, I really, really hate Queen.

Still not sure about We Are Young. I feel like I'd like it a lot more if it retained the tempo of the opening section. The Janelle vocals are swoon-inducingly lovely though.

And y'all can add me to the list of "People Who Are Slightly Bitter the Format Didn't Get This Big".
10:55 AM on 02/13/12 
User Info.
A Wild Pikachu!
:l6
I like its sequencing ... breaks up the album with something completely different.
That's one way to look at it. I just really liked the momentum the first handful of tracks built and didn't really think it needed to be broken up by anything. It may sit with me better after several more listens (which I intend to give it).

Replay time.
User Info.
as_we_learn
And One J.R. Can Never Die
Edison ,New Jersey
Male - 22 Years Old
Album is amazing. "Why am I the One" gets the spot as my favorite song on the album, it's so damn good.

The acoustic version from the Vault sessions is awe- not just some, but a whole damn lot! haha
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
https://soundcloud.com/sophos34
St. Louis, MO
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
Holy fuck Stars is great
10:56 AM on 02/13/12 
User Info.
mar_
Registered Loser
Chicago
Female - 24 Years Old
If 'We Are Young' keeps the pace up and they pick a good single next, I think this album will have some serious momentum.

Out on the Town would be a good choice for a single during the summer, I think, even if it is a bonus track.
I feel like there are other tracks other than "Out On The Town" that might make for better summer singles, but now that I've heard it, I see what you're getting at.
User Info.
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
Philadelphia
Female
Just finished and I love every single track even the bonus. Incredible album.

*starts again*
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
SWISH WILL NEVER DIE BUT YOU WILL
Connecticut
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
I hope its Some Nights. I can't imagine anyone not liking any of these songs but especially that one. So damn catchy
Some Nights would do really well I think. Jesus, this is so good.
Haha I brought it up with a friend and they said something stupid so I was extra grateful for AP.
It's really nuts that a bunch of us basically just listened to this together through this thread.
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
kingsandqueers
Dublin
Male - 24 Years Old
Someone hates Queen? Does not compute.
10:57 AM on 02/13/12 
User Info.
sjb2k1
archersaurus
the bull city
Female - 32 Years Old
one foot is still my favorite
10:58 AM on 02/13/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
SWISH WILL NEVER DIE BUT YOU WILL
Connecticut
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
Best part about it not leaking IMO is this giant collection of fans all experiencing it together.
Definitely. Can't believe they kept it under wraps so well, either. Good for them, and it made for an awesome experience.
10:58 AM on 02/13/12 
User Info.
mar_
Registered Loser
Chicago
Female - 24 Years Old
Just finished listening. I would listen again, except I actually need to go be productive and do stuff with my day and go to class and stuff. I can see the tracks I was iffy towards (It Gets Better, Stars) possibly growing on me.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos