Username
Password
Video News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video
Inside AP.net

Youth Lagoon In Montana

Posted by: Lueda Alia (09/08/11)
Youth Lagoon's video for "Montana" can be seen in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
12:15 PM on 09/08/11
Lueda Alia
User Info.
12:27 PM on 09/08/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Oh shit yeah playa. Love dis dude.
12:30 PM on 09/08/11
2's&3's
deep in thoug...
User Info.
i love me some Youth Lagoon
04:38 PM on 09/08/11
neversaynever73
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have never heard of this group before but I really enjoy this. Also, having grown up in Montana, I can tell you it isn't as "backwoods" as this video depicts. Great video though for sure!
05:03 PM on 09/08/11
uglystar03
User Info.
Still extremely weird to see news about this dude posted here.
08:34 AM on 09/09/11
MarquisInSpades
User Info.
The Year of Hibernation is beautiful. Props to YL.
08:37 AM on 09/09/11
MarquisInSpades
User Info.
I have never heard of this group before but I really enjoy this. Also, having grown up in Montana, I can tell you it isn't as "backwoods" as this video depicts. Great video though for sure!

It pretty much looks like it's shots around one or two houses and a couple of shots of foliage...in the entire state. I wouldn't say he's depicting it as backwoods. There are places in Central Park in NYC where you can't see anything but trees and you can't even hear the city. It doesn't mean NYC is a forest.
09:25 AM on 09/09/11
Lueda Alia
User Info.
Still extremely weird to see news about this dude posted here.
Why?
09:29 AM on 09/09/11
uglystar03
User Info.
It's just weird that people have heard of him. Bands from Boise don't often get heard. I've seen Trevor play countless times between YL and his old bands. I'm used to local bands staying local, regardless of how good they are. It's great to see someone from my hometown getting exposure though!
09:31 AM on 09/09/11
Lueda Alia
User Info.
It's just weird that people have heard of him. Bands from Boise don't often get heard. I've seen Trevor play countless times between YL and his old bands. I'm used to local bands staying local, regardless of how good they are. It's great to see someone from my hometown getting exposure though!
Oh yeah, I know what you mean. It was bound to happen once Fat Possum signed him, though. I was pretty psyched about it because I knew it'd get him more attention. This album is great and definitely deserves it.
02:56 PM on 09/09/11
mymusicismylife
Disgruntled wheat thins enthusiast
User Info.
24 hours late on this. It crushed me again.
04:47 PM on 09/09/11
neversaynever73
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It pretty much looks like it's shots around one or two houses and a couple of shots of foliage...in the entire state. I wouldn't say he's depicting it as backwoods. There are places in Central Park in NYC where you can't see anything but trees and you can't even hear the city. It doesn't mean NYC is a forest.
fair, but on my side it's a very steretypical version of what people think Montana looks like. This only adds to the perception that it's small hick families living off the land. No more than anywhere else......It would be like my band having a song called New York and showing nothing but homeless people and hot dog vedors. Granted I do see that a lot.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests