AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Coldplay News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 39 of 39.
10:24 PM on 09/12/11
AussieBoy
User Info.
NOT looking forward to hearing Rihanna in a Coldplay song...

I actually am keen to hear her. Even her voice makes me toey. So hot!
So siked for this. Viva la Vida was fantastic! Even the bonus ep has some gems
11:14 PM on 09/12/11
A7XXX
Temple Pressure
User Info.
Where the hell is Moving To Mars? That song is awesome!

What song is this and how can I hear it?
That being said I'm very glad that along with Coldplay we will be bless with an abundant amount of good music coming this fall. It's kind of nice of them to stray from the norm of 10 songs album and include 14 on their.
07:00 PM on 09/13/11
mcflyubozo
User Info.
does anyone else remember parachutes? i miss THAT coldplay.
05:53 PM on 09/14/11
re7ard1337
You don't mean a thing to me.
User Info.
I probably generally give this band more crap than they deserve, since they've got a handful of songs I enjoy a fair amount (most of them pre-Viva la Vida). That said, this song is awful.
Haha, that's a silly thing to say. From a pop-music perspective, it is almost a perfectly written song for this time frame of music. The melody is super catchy, with a great electronic synth/bass line. Any pop artist right now would tell you it is a well written song. Their sound fits in perfectly with the modern genre, which is what they were going for. And also what they have been going for with every album.

For everyone saying you don't like the new direction they are going in, it's the same direction they have always been going. They have always blended their style with the way pop music sounds at the time. Music is getting more dance-y and electric, so are they. This song is pretty darn close to a 2011 version of "The Scientist." This band is anything but stagnant, and I'll love them forever for it.
06:51 PM on 09/14/11
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Haha, that's a silly thing to say. From a pop-music perspective, it is almost a perfectly written song for this time frame of music. The melody is super catchy, with a great electronic synth/bass line. Any pop artist right now would tell you it is a well written song. Their sound fits in perfectly with the modern genre, which is what they were going for. And also what they have been going for with every album.

For everyone saying you don't like the new direction they are going in, it's the same direction they have always been going. They have always blended their style with the way pop music sounds at the time. Music is getting more dance-y and electric, so are they. This song is pretty darn close to a 2011 version of "The Scientist." This band is anything but stagnant, and I'll love them forever for it.

I didn't think it was remotely catchy: I couldn't remember a hook or anything about the song at all, so I listen again, and I'm still incredibly bored. It's pretty typical Coldplay: it's not really bad, but I don't think there's anything about it that's remarkable at all. Boring melody, weird, recycled synth/bass line, forgettable lyrics, and Chris Martin delivering one of his most dry, boring and unaffected vocal performances to date.

And this song doesn't sound anything like The Scientist. More like something off of X&Y. "Talk," perhaps.
07:01 PM on 09/14/11
re7ard1337
You don't mean a thing to me.
User Info.
I didn't think it was remotely catchy: I couldn't remember a hook or anything about the song at all, so I listen again, and I'm still incredibly bored. It's pretty typical Coldplay: it's not really bad, but I don't think there's anything about it that's remarkable at all. Boring melody, weird, recycled synth/bass line, forgettable lyrics, and Chris Martin delivering one of his most dry, boring and unaffected vocal performances to date.

And this song doesn't sound anything like The Scientist. More like something off of X&Y. "Talk," perhaps.
I didn't say it sounded like "The Scientist."

The Scientist is to 2002's pop sound as Paradise is to 2011's pop sound. If you don't like the song, you probably aren't into a lot of the modern pop music, which is fine. And the line is catchy, even if you don't believe so. It may be recycled, but hey, it's pop music. There isn't always a ton of innovation, sometimes you just make songs that sound good.
08:22 PM on 09/14/11
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I didn't say it sounded like "The Scientist."

The Scientist is to 2002's pop sound as Paradise is to 2011's pop sound. If you don't like the song, you probably aren't into a lot of the modern pop music, which is fine. And the line is catchy, even if you don't believe so. It may be recycled, but hey, it's pop music. There isn't always a ton of innovation, sometimes you just make songs that sound good.
Nahh, I'm into a decent amount of modern pop music, more than most people on this site I'd say, I just think this song is mediocre. And "Clocks" was more indicative of 2002's pop sound than "The Scientist," I think. It was definitely the bigger hit.
07:47 AM on 09/15/11
andyguy
User Info.
Man, these singles are disappointing. For the record, not a hater, Rush of Blood to the Head is in my top 20 or 10, for sure.
I have to agree. I really do like Coldplay, but I just am not digging these singles. "Paradise" sounds like a song OneRepublic passed on that Coldplay decided to record. Anybody else hearing that vibe in it?
11:16 AM on 11/15/11
grubb006
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
pretty good!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives