|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
We picked it. We wanted something that was short and easy to remember; something that makes a potential fan want to check us out.
2. How did this band get started?
We got started by meeting through other musicians. We decided it would be cool to make a drum and bass duo. It turned into what we have now; this full on rock/pop/synth thing.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We listen to absolutely everything. We were raised on a lot of hip hop since we're from Houston. We also listen to a lot of crazy cool bands like Fair to Midland, Pierce the Veil, Fun., and a bunch more that are just making an amazing difference in music right now.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Hmm.. We have always talked about touring with Coldplay, MGMT, Kings of Leon, and others.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
We'll find out soon enough.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we make music, and music is worth listening to.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Kenny Powers from Eastbound and Down
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
All the haters. Too cliche?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
All the negative comments people make about the music industry going downhill. Instead of complaining about it we should do something about it.
10. Memorable tour experience?
A tour of the college campus. Epic.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
An amazing place where lovers of music can share and learn about new music. It's websites like this that make such a difference in the music community.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
This is a tough question for us. We enjoy it all, but we really like all of our crazy songs where we get to act like fools on stage.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
We both love Jay-Z
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
We've made a unanimous decision on x-ray vision...for obvious reasons.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
We use the restroom, so we wont have to pee on stage. Or worse…on the audience. Sorry, just had an R. Kelly moment.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We have seen every episode of The Secret Life of the American Teenager…awkward.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I think Lupe Fiasco says it best in "State Run Radio"
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
We enjoy writing ridiculous songs just to make us laugh. That's always hysterical! Follow us on Twitter and we'll send you a video of one.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We can float.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |