///
Male - 25 Years Old
i like this a lot
09:23 PM on 11/13/11 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
I'm like 4 episodes behind. Worth catching up?
09:47 PM on 11/13/11 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old

Well alright xjulianx89.
01:39 PM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
Just finished the season after watching it in like 3 days, and
I thought that was such a shitty ending. Before I saw the finale, I was considering this show my new favorite show on the air and that ending killed it for me. I was thinking this would be kind of like 24 were there would be new terrorists every season type plot. I don't want to see this plot strung out. I wish he would have succeeded or died, not this wishwashy ending. Disappointed.

Yeah I felt like him not going through with it was a cop out.
01:42 PM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
Ugh. I'm staying out of this thread. I just finished the 1st season and people in here are on their high horses about this show.
03:59 PM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old

People telling other people they shouldn't watch the show because this show isn't 24 and it's too deep for them and blah blah. Just more people being better than others.
04:17 PM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
It's definitely less escapist fare than something like 24, but it's not particularly deep either; that's what separates Showtime from HBO at their respective bests.

Yeah it's not that deep at all and everything is clearly explained but some people talk this show up way too much. It was good but after all the praise I heard about it I expected more.
05:04 PM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
Respectfully disagree. This show has way more depth than most of HBOs current lineup. I can't speak about Treme, but Homeland easily tops Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, The Newsroom, and True Blood.

Aside from Breaking Bad and Mad Men, what dramas were better this year?

I'd say Boardwalk Empire off the top of my head. Can't remember everything I watched last year. And that also doesn't prove that it's good. If there are 10 shows that are shit the one that is the least shitty is still not good, not saying that this show is shit but you get my point.

Also Boardwalk Empire has way more depth than Homeland. Homeland spells everything out for the viewer, whereas Boardwalk actually lets the viewers come to conclusion themselves.

Homeland is not a bad show but it's nowhere near my current favorite shows airing.
06:57 PM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
My bad, I guess I just skimmed over your post. I listed all of HBOs current dramas. I still disagree. I'm not a fan of Boardwalk at all, but from what I've watched I feel like it's pretty much a paint-by-numbers period drama and I have similar feelings about GoT (which I thoroughly enjoy).

I'm not sure what you consider being spelled out for the viewer. For me, character development and plot progress is shown to the viewers through action and not exposition, which is very much the case with Homeland (I rewatched the series just a few weeks ago).

Everything is exposition in Homeland. There is always a news program on or CIA members briefing each other, there is no need for the viewers to connect any dots or think for themselves. Everything is explained.
07:20 PM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
The second season of Boardwalk Empire was absolutely fantastic. A huge step up from the first season, and I liked the first season.

yep
08:23 PM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
That stuff is not nearly as important as the character development which isn't spelled out so blatantly. There are plot points that aren't explained as well like the CIA mole, how Walker was turned, what the original assassination plot was, etc.

Yeah those plot points aren't explained at all. Neither through exposition or character development or anything.
09:27 PM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
Hahaha, touchy touchy. People just having a discussion, there haven't been any fighting words. I think someone mentioned he thought it would be like 24 first, and no one told anyone they shouldn't watch the show.

Nah. More like annoying annoying. We get it. You have better taste in movies and tv. Good for you.
10:19 PM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
Comments like this are the only problem I see.

K.
02:21 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
he gave reasons why he doesn't like the show and you come back at him with "I'm Ron Burgundy?". good job pal.
07:39 PM on 09/30/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
I already like this episode better than all of last season.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos