Username
Password

05:44 PM on 12/19/11 
User Info.
dash64
^^^&&&&/////
Dallas, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
One of the best pieces of television I've ever seen. This show always exceeds my expectations.
04:00 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
dash64
^^^&&&&/////
Dallas, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
Watching Prisoners Of War , the original Israeli version. So good.
In the original there's two "Brodys" as well as a "tom walker" and the "carrie" is a male Military Psychologist instead of a female intelligence officer.
They're making a Russian version too. I'll watch every version they make.

How does the original hold up to the American? Better/worse?
01:35 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
dash64
^^^&&&&/////
Dallas, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
Okay just finished the first season. It's kind of hard to compare since they feel so different even though they have similar plots.
The Israeli version is less of an espionage thriller than it is a psychological drama about how prisoners of war deal with coming home , That kind of stuff is in there but it's more of a secondary plotline and much more downplayed than the American version. It's more about the everyday lives of returned prisoners of war than cloak and dagger stuff.

It's darker , more complex , and more subtle than the US version.
The POW's families and especially Dana(the only character whose name they didn't change) are done much better and come off less annoying in this one.
The two "Carries" Dr. Cohen and Iris are much more secondary characters unlike the US version.
The torture scenes are much more in detail and brutal.
The big twist at the end of the first season is something that happens around the mid season of Homeland. finding out that the "tom walker" survived his beating by the one of other POWs and is now a terrorist

This article describes it perfectly. It's hard to tell which is better because they're both great in different ways.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/25/ar...land.html?_r=0

Thanks for this. I"ll definitely check it out soon. The psychological aspect of it interests me.
05:24 PM on 12/06/12 
User Info.
dash64
^^^&&&&/////
Dallas, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
If the show stopped at the most recent episode it would have concluded ideally. Brody and Carrie are in love. VP dead. Done deal.

I liked Dana the first season, but now she's annoying as hell. The wife is a totally bitch, cheating on your husband is just so cold. Danes acts way too good. I don't know how they expect to continue, I mean, making Brody VP might be cool, but I don't mind it coming to an end.

Even though this show is higher ranked than my other favs like Dexter, Vamp Diaries (yeah), Boardwalk, Mad Men, etc, i would rather it end on a high note than get lame like Dexter

/cheers

I agree, it should end on a high note, or do it like they originally planned (a set up like The Wire). Speaking of series finales, the last episode of Mad Men really seemed like it could be the end. That look Don gave was just like the earlier seasons.
08:43 AM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
dash64
^^^&&&&/////
Dallas, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
How did the mom not notice the milk was leaking?
10:54 AM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
dash64
^^^&&&&/////
Dallas, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
well this is what i've been waiting for......how does the show continue with abu nazir dead . i mean only homeland can pull of such a major change in the middle of an episode (and not a season finale). It was almost almost not climactic enough.

lmao at the son being comic relief. i freaking love it. he just goes and plays video games, he dont give a shit. when the family was all fighting i really thought he was finally going to say something lol.

Exactly what I was thinking. I would be content if they ended it this season, and would definitely buy both seasons. I'm going into the finale cautiously because whatever twist they introduce to keep the story going will have to be pretty damn good.
05:32 PM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
dash64
^^^&&&&/////
Dallas, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
I just want season 2 of Prisoners Of War to leak already. Although i love both versions i think i may prefer the original Israeli version , alot less silly and more realistic.

Is this the Israeli version?
http://www.hulu.com/prisoners-of-war
03:35 PM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
dash64
^^^&&&&/////
Dallas, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
Why does everyone hate the opening credits? I love it.

Credits are cool. Don't listen to the haters.
11:23 AM on 03/21/13 
User Info.
dash64
^^^&&&&/////
Dallas, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
1. Homeland's decline in quality from season 1 to 2 is one of the biggest I've ever witnessed. But even season 1 is only top-tier television in the Showtime spectrum, i.e. it can't compete with a mid-level HBO drama.

2. I don't think I've ever heard someone say something negative about Breaking Bad, which is a bit scaryŚmakes it feel like a cult.

3. I would take The Wire any day, and yeah, even though I don't care about awards, The Wire never got what it deserved.

My roommate could definitely ruin #2 for you.
01:00 PM on 10/07/13 
User Info.
dash64
^^^&&&&/////
Dallas, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
Dana's scene where she took her mom into the bathroom was great, but other than that I don't care for her boyfriend. He was bad in Dexter and he's bad here. As for Saul's comment to Fara, it was harsh yet believable given the circumstances.
12:14 PM on 10/21/13 
User Info.
dash64
^^^&&&&/////
Dallas, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
Loved that last scene between Saul and Carrie.
08:47 PM on 12/15/13 
User Info.
dash64
^^^&&&&/////
Dallas, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
Great finale, and I felt sad/relieved at the same time. He went through so much and death was the only closure he wanted.
09:41 AM on 12/16/13 
User Info.
dash64
^^^&&&&/////
Dallas, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
2 boring dey shoulda blow up the white house instead shoulda happen a lonmg time ago
Then Carrie teams up with Gerard Butler. Olympus Has Fallen Part 2!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets