Username
Password
Less Than Jake News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Less Than Jake
Inside AP.net

Less Than Jake Talks Legacy

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (09/14/11)
In a new interview, JR of Less Than Jake discusses being a legacy band and what the band's future will look like heading into their 20th year of existence.
From the InterviewOf course well release something next year. Well be back out on tour too. All the guys from All Time Low will still be wearing tight pants too. There are things that will happen next year. I dont read the Internet, I look at sports. I dont go to AbsolutePunk or Punk News, or any of that shit. Ill follow it and look at the headlines, but its rare that I go and read it. Id rather read about sports. For anyone that thinks were going anywhere, theyre misinformed. I think that weve been around a long time and well continue to be around.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19.
10:04 AM on 09/14/11
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Very cool article. Interested to see what they do next year for the 20th anniversary tour. His attitude towards younger bands is also refreshing regardless of what you think of the music itself.
10:06 AM on 09/14/11
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
great band, it's insane how many years they've been around. loved seeing them again at warped, can't wait to see 'em next year.

the ep they recently released was great as well.
11:14 AM on 09/14/11
pack1bm
Hello Rainey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow, 20 years. That's pretty incredible. I remember "discovering" them when I was in High School. I hope my children will listen to them in 2035.
11:18 AM on 09/14/11
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
On one hand it's cool he name dropped this site, but on the other, it looks like he's calling AP a rumour site....
11:32 AM on 09/14/11
Lappin!
User Info.
lets hope they are together for another 20 years
11:35 AM on 09/14/11
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
On one hand it's cool he name dropped this site, but on the other, it looks like he's calling AP a rumour site....
I think he was just saying that he checks the headlines time to time, but does not get caught up in any of the drama and the details of the news posts. I think he was just saying to kill time he would rather read about sports than music. When music is your life I can see wanting to spend your down time away from this type of stuff, especially going on 20 years. This is how I took/read it at least.
12:00 PM on 09/14/11
njsuccessstory
The '59 Sound
User Info.
Cool interview. Could've used some editing though. Had to re-read a few things due to some errors. C'est la vie.
12:20 PM on 09/14/11
ACA
Next Show: Silverstein @ NYC 4/25
User Info.
sports sports sports sports sports sports

bart gets to ride up front because he's good at sports!
01:03 PM on 09/14/11
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

In a lot of ways, AP really is a rumor site. But it's all cool. JR is hands down one of the nicest dudes around, and LTJ killed it everyday of Warped. They really deserve to have the legacy that they do.

Also, if anyone is interested, JR wrote a sweet blog on the underdogs of Warped, including my band (The Groundbreaking Ceremony) as well as some other awesome bands like Bad Rabbits, Lucero, Lionize, and Larry and His Flask. All the bands rule, http://propertyofzack.com/post/75755...an-jake-update
01:33 PM on 09/14/11
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I'm fine with them putting out EP's, it's better than nothing. And I really love EP's so it works out.
01:52 PM on 09/14/11
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
I think he was just saying that he checks the headlines time to time, but does not get caught up in any of the drama and the details of the news posts. I think he was just saying to kill time he would rather read about sports than music. When music is your life I can see wanting to spend your down time away from this type of stuff, especially going on 20 years. This is how I took/read it at least.

True, plus, depends how the interviewer has transcribed the interview I suppose...
02:27 PM on 09/14/11
vegasbabyvegas
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
JR is the best dude of all time.
05:21 PM on 09/14/11
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
ahahaha that's such a great quote
08:39 PM on 09/14/11
beav910