Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 13 posts.
10:04 AM on 09/15/11
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Catch Me had been one of my favorite songs. I was excited for this album and I'm sure it'll be great. She's one of the best singers, especially at her young age.
Heck, I'm sure to listen to this album more than the Blink 182 album.
10:05 AM on 09/15/11
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love La La Land and Don't Forget. No homo.

Anything similar on this album?

Dude I watched a YouTube video of her performing LaLa Land on Dancing With The Stars and it gave me shivers. She's amazing.

No homo!
04:51 PM on 09/15/11
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I doubt the first 4 tracks are bad. they're just radio pop tracks. They each feature someone that is huge on pop radio right now. Somebody just hates pop(ular) music. I'm not one to deny that Dev had a great song in Top of The World and LIKE A G6!
04:54 PM on 09/15/11
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I am not sure if this website is being serious sometimes - did this get a legit good score/review? should I check this out or are you messing with me D:
I think this website is growing up. They are no longer going to hate something just because "they should." Sure certain bands that I think are good like Cobra Starship and Metro Station wont be given a chance on here, they are however, starting to appreciate other acts when a few years ago they would disregard...much like you are doing.
"I guess this is growing up" du nanaaa dunanaa "I guess this is growing up"
04:56 PM on 09/15/11
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well, I'm excited now. The first four seem terrible especially with those guest stars.
Yeah it's totally not cool to like anything pop. God I hate all things popular! Lets go cut ourselves!!!
06:36 PM on 09/15/11
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ahahahahahahahahaha pop does not mean popular.
I would delete this before too many people read it.
06:56 PM on 09/15/11
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You're really going to say I hate popular music? Are you new here?

If these songs were released by any other artist ... I'd have no problem admitting they'd be super guilty pleasures, because they're not bad. But considering the album they were released on...an album that is 80% legitimately good, it's just weird. That's all I'm saying.
Fine I won't assume you hate pop music. I'll assume that you believe all pop songs are "throwaway(s)"
I think you took a look at the guests on the tracks and instantly went into the tracks with negative preconceived notions. I'm not above listening to the radio, I'm not saying you are, but you are making it sound as if you don't respect pop songs.

edit.
I read again what you said and I don't understand it. But if i'm clear--You would like the songs if they came from a lesser talent? If that's the case then that's cool.
07:39 PM on 09/15/11
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The words "Joe" and "does not like pop music" should never belong together. My brother refers to him as the Pop Guy from Absolutepunk (for lack of a better name).
so what's his deal? Why is he hating on the first 4 (the most pop on the record)??
08:17 PM on 09/15/11
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ahahahahahahahahaha pop does not mean popular.
07:29 AM on 09/16/11
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Probably because those songs are fine for a mediocre pop singer, but Demi's music is usually not like that. Those four songs drag down the album because they are not consistent with her work. They are not "Demi-like" at all, at least from what I can tell. It's like Hollywood just threw them in to make sure there were some radio-friendly songs. I love radio pop, including mindless catchy songs, but those are personally not the kind of songs I want to see her doing, and not the songs that are best suited for her voice. The reviewer has nothing against pop music itself. Those songs just feel out of place with the rest of the album.
I'm not going to bring to light the fact that you are under the belief that Demi should only do songs that you feel are right for her.
...pop does not mean popular. Not all pop music is popular, that is for sure. And all popular music is not pop.
I'll clarify this point below with your other lacky
Also, this. Why is anyone even arguing otherwise?
One of my pet peeves is seeing two people agree on stupidity. It embarrasses me to watch them get embarrassed. It hurts me to know that they don't know any better. And it brings a tear to my eye to watch them finally see the light and still refuse to admit error.
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you'll both understand what Billboard is saying there. If you still cant then I won't fight it. I'm not a teacher, and I hate students, especially ones lacking in comprehension.
Billboard Pop Songs- By a WIDE RANGE OF ARTISTS!
07:46 AM on 09/16/11
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i apologize for getting off topic. I love Demi, and i'll pick this album up.
08:14 AM on 09/16/11
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If there's a pop song chart and, by your definition, only has music on there that is popular ... then why is there also a rock chart? A country chart? Latin? Rap? Hip-hop? All Billboard is saying is that those are popular songs ... in a POP genre. Just like there are charts for popular songs in those OTHER genres.
Okay then. Pop doesn't mean Popular... the majority wins. I'll admit defeat.

Masses voted for Bush...Majority believed the world was flat...Majority in America say "could care less"
09:42 AM on 09/16/11
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
seems to me that Demi Lovato has shitty, pretentious fans.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests