AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 9 posts.
04:42 PM on 09/15/11
Jay Sean Fenris
User Info.
I feel like I totally saw this one coming, but that's just complete hind-sight-bullshit.

I actually didn't enjoy her vocals all that much in her first albums - odd, considering she's pop (rock).
06:38 PM on 09/15/11
Jay Sean Fenris
User Info.
You're really going to say I hate popular music? Are you new here?

If these songs were released by any other artist ... I'd have no problem admitting they'd be super guilty pleasures, because they're not bad. But considering the album they were released on...an album that is 80% legitimately good, it's just weird. That's all I'm saying.

He's not new here. He's Harry Potter!

I think he (or she) was trying to say that the songs were nothing like Demi should be singing. Those songs sounded more like radio songs than anything else.

Honestly, I enjoyed the opener if it weren't for the excruciatingly obnoxious beat and that featured guest, Demi's part was already very entertaining as it is.
06:44 PM on 09/15/11
Jay Sean Fenris
User Info.
Ahahahahahahahahaha pop does not mean popular.
In most senses of the word, it really does (never mind the fact that indie pop exists).
07:17 PM on 09/15/11
Jay Sean Fenris
User Info.
I'm not above listening to the radio, I'm not saying you are, but you are making it sound as if you don't respect pop songs.

The words "Joe" and "does not like pop music" should never belong together. My brother refers to him as the Pop Guy from Absolutepunk (for lack of a better name).
03:55 PM on 09/16/11
Jay Sean Fenris
User Info.
this is most disappointing and i am no longer anywhere near as attracted to her.
Lmafo. I know right?
06:14 AM on 09/17/11
Jay Sean Fenris
User Info.
yeah same. although ive definitely moved on to a different breed of heavy bands. and from what ive seen it seems like women are more prone to have a short love affair with that type of music, get out of it, and never look back.
I have a feeling she's doing that to stray away from her old "image" as much as possible and be more like a pop icon than anything else. Though she might be pressured into doing it, or she might actually not like that kind of thing anymore.
03:12 PM on 09/17/11
Jay Sean Fenris
User Info.
I understand the average, but how in the hell are you ranking this album so high? Musicianship 7.75? What constitutes a lower score than that? And yes, I've heard the album, more times than I'd like to admit. To each their own, but jesus.

While I do agree that Joe gave this album an unprecedentedly high score, your argument holds very little validity.

"...terrible at math and a lazy reviewer." ~ I love how you also say how Joe was a lazy writer. Consider how he actually wrote the review and how you're just here complaining...yeah, you're real productive, aren't you? Math? Well, the review is to the account of the reviewer, if you don't think it deserves the score, then go troll on the user score and give all the parameters a 0.25 like everyone else is.

" i've never seen an album get lower than an 80 on here" ~ You're, again, being the lazy one here. One, you don't bother to capitalize, and two, you didn't bother to go to the top of the page and click on "reviews" and check the validity of your statement. Wait, maybe you're partially number blind and can only see average scores about 79 %.

Reviews in the past few days with less than 80 %: Various Artists, Calm Blue Sea, Livian, Apophenia, Brighter Than A Thousand Suns, Astronautilis. That's the first page. "If you talk, you better walk, you better back your shit up..."

"...first four songs are so terrible..." ~ Hm, maybe the rest of the album can make up for them? But it only makes sense to infallibly deem an album horrible by judging 27 % of it.
05:06 AM on 09/18/11
Jay Sean Fenris
User Info.
Writing most of her own stuff for starters.
So are most indie pop bands. They're not mainstream, but they're still pop.

Demi also wrote her first album. She was actually "worried" that the first one wasn't "poppy enough" so she decided to enlist the help of the Jonas Brothers to help her write more "pop/radio-friendly" songs.
04:46 PM on 09/20/11
Jay Sean Fenris
User Info.
Terrible. Just terrible. And this is coming from a huge Demi fan.

nice disposable club garbage cash grab
Gg wp

so mad right now.
Tell me you skipped the first 4 songs before saying that. I feel like those things were kinda forced into the album, like Demi only wanted to put them there from public (and perhaps, "professional") pressure.

Edit: I love how I don't need sound to know what it is he just said.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests