AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
 
Album Review - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 134.
05:34 PM on 09/15/11
Jenajena
Jena ≈ Gina.
Offline
User Info.
Jenajena's Avatar
I love this review. I'm not a huge fan of all of her music, but Skyscraper is beautiful and Who's That Boy is extremely catchy. I've been wanting to listen to For the Love of a Daughter since she mentioned it a couple of years ago. I'll have to check out the album when it comes out. I'm so proud of Demi :D
05:59 PM on 09/15/11
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
Online
User Info.
kianacarly's Avatar

Demi>Miley>Selena is the only way to go, although I thoroughly enjoy all three. I just can't with all the hate Miley gets and all the ridiculous love Selena gets.

wish she had more songs like every time you lie, it suited her voice but was different enough from the disney pop rock she did on her first record. This new sound she's going for just sounds a little ridiculous coming from her sky scraper was decent tho

Every Time You Lie is amazing. I was blown away when I first heard it on the radio, and I wanted her to go in that direction. The first four songs off this album are so out of place and random.

i was surprised by how great "skyscraper" was. I felt a bit disappointed when I realized she didn't write it herself, but the emotion she puts into that song are great. That's the realest song that's been on the radio in a while. Might have to check this album out (plus she looks hot on the cover, which is saying something b/c I usually don't find her too attractive).

Eh, she usually writes a lot of her stuff, so I wasn't that bothered at all. Also, Demi looks better than she does on this album cover like 95% of the time (the other 5% being when she dresses like a tacky(er) Kim Kardashian). They used way too much makeup and photoshop.

So excited for her! Hope the album does well.

06:23 PM on 09/15/11
JoeLovesMO
JoeLovesMansions
Offline
User Info.
JoeLovesMO's Avatar
Lol
06:36 PM on 09/15/11
HarryPotter
Offline
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ahahahahahahahahaha pop does not mean popular.
I would delete this before too many people read it.
06:38 PM on 09/15/11
Jay Sean Fenris
Regular Member
Offline
User Info.
Jay Sean Fenris's Avatar
You're really going to say I hate popular music? Are you new here?

If these songs were released by any other artist ... I'd have no problem admitting they'd be super guilty pleasures, because they're not bad. But considering the album they were released on...an album that is 80% legitimately good, it's just weird. That's all I'm saying.

He's not new here. He's Harry Potter!

I think he (or she) was trying to say that the songs were nothing like Demi should be singing. Those songs sounded more like radio songs than anything else.

Honestly, I enjoyed the opener if it weren't for the excruciatingly obnoxious beat and that featured guest, Demi's part was already very entertaining as it is.
06:44 PM on 09/15/11
Jay Sean Fenris
Regular Member
Offline
User Info.
Jay Sean Fenris's Avatar
Ahahahahahahahahaha pop does not mean popular.
In most senses of the word, it really does (never mind the fact that indie pop exists).
06:56 PM on 09/15/11
HarryPotter
Offline
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You're really going to say I hate popular music? Are you new here?

If these songs were released by any other artist ... I'd have no problem admitting they'd be super guilty pleasures, because they're not bad. But considering the album they were released on...an album that is 80% legitimately good, it's just weird. That's all I'm saying.
Fine I won't assume you hate pop music. I'll assume that you believe all pop songs are "throwaway(s)"
I think you took a look at the guests on the tracks and instantly went into the tracks with negative preconceived notions. I'm not above listening to the radio, I'm not saying you are, but you are making it sound as if you don't respect pop songs.

edit.
I read again what you said and I don't understand it. But if i'm clear--You would like the songs if they came from a lesser talent? If that's the case then that's cool.
07:17 PM on 09/15/11
Jay Sean Fenris
Regular Member
Offline
User Info.
Jay Sean Fenris's Avatar
I'm not above listening to the radio, I'm not saying you are, but you are making it sound as if you don't respect pop songs.

The words "Joe" and "does not like pop music" should never belong together. My brother refers to him as the Pop Guy from Absolutepunk (for lack of a better name).
07:22 PM on 09/15/11
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
Offline
User Info.
MBIIdollaBill's Avatar
Demi>Miley>Selena is the only way to go, although I thoroughly enjoy all three. I just can't with all the hate Miley gets and all the ridiculous love Selena gets.



Every Time You Lie is amazing. I was blown away when I first heard it on the radio, and I wanted her to go in that direction. The first four songs off this album are so out of place and random.



Eh, she usually writes a lot of her stuff, so I wasn't that bothered at all. Also, Demi looks better than she does on this album cover like 95% of the time (the other 5% being when she dresses like a tacky(er) Kim Kardashian). They used way too much makeup and photoshop.

So excited for her! Hope the album does well.

haha yeah i know there was makeup and computer magic involved, but hey it worked. I have to disagree with your ranking though. I would say Selena is at least tied (if not slightly above) Demi, and Miley is ranked third. I'm not saying this as a Miley hater, but as someone who enjoyed a song or two by her and was, for some reason, obsessed with the hannah montana show a while back.
07:39 PM on 09/15/11
HarryPotter
Offline
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The words "Joe" and "does not like pop music" should never belong together. My brother refers to him as the Pop Guy from Absolutepunk (for lack of a better name).
so what's his deal? Why is he hating on the first 4 (the most pop on the record)??
07:41 PM on 09/15/11
Dan CiTi
To Let The World Be
Offline
User Info.
Dan CiTi's Avatar
I would delete this before too many people read it.
In most senses of the word, it really does (never mind the fact that indie pop exists).
08:17 PM on 09/15/11
HarryPotter
Offline
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ahahahahahahahahaha pop does not mean popular.
08:31 PM on 09/15/11
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
Online
User Info.
kianacarly's Avatar
haha yeah i know there was makeup and computer magic involved, but hey it worked. I have to disagree with your ranking though. I would say Selena is at least tied (if not slightly above) Demi, and Miley is ranked third. I'm not saying this as a Miley hater, but as someone who enjoyed a song or two by her and was, for some reason, obsessed with the hannah montana show a while back.

Eh, I think she looks good on the cover, but I've seen her look so much prettier just in pap pics walking down the streets. I used to be Demi>Selena>Miley, but Selena got shifted recently. Demi is the best singer of the three, Selena the best actress. I've loved Demi ever since I heard her voice on Disney Channel when they were first promoting her music. I ranked Miley above Selena because, although Can't Be Tamed was an awful album, Breakout was fantastic and she seems really genuine about what she does and who she is. She fights for causes and speaks out a lot. Also, Selena has such terrible stage presence I get second-hand embarrassment from watching her live videos. Kiss & Tell and When The Sun Goes Down were great though.

/essay
09:13 PM on 09/15/11
cholly
Regular Member
Offline
User Info.
cholly's Avatar
I never thought I would see a legit review of someone like Demi Lovato on this site. Thank you.
09:35 PM on 09/15/11
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
Online
User Info.
kianacarly's Avatar
so what's his deal? Why is he hating on the first 4 (the most pop on the record)??
Probably because those songs are fine for a mediocre pop singer, but Demi's music is usually not like that. Those four songs drag down the album because they are not consistent with her work. They are not "Demi-like" at all, at least from what I can tell. It's like Hollywood just threw them in to make sure there were some radio-friendly songs. I love radio pop, including mindless catchy songs, but those are personally not the kind of songs I want to see her doing, and not the songs that are best suited for her voice. The reviewer has nothing against pop music itself. Those songs just feel out of place with the rest of the album.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos
HIDDEN TREASURES
AbsolutePunk Podcast
Free Music
Sports Forum
Technology Forum
Recommendations
INFORMATION
Advertising
Contact Us
Copyright Policy
Terms of Service
Privacy Policy
FOLLOW
Twitter | Facebook | RSS
PropertyOfZack
PunkNews.org
UnderTheGun
Chorus.fm