Username
Password

Album Review - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 134.
09:59 PM on 09/15/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Probably because those songs are fine for a mediocre pop singer, but Demi's music is usually not like that. Those four songs drag down the album because they are not consistent with her work. They are not "Demi-like" at all, at least from what I can tell. It's like Hollywood just threw them in to make sure there were some radio-friendly songs. I love radio pop, including mindless catchy songs, but those are personally not the kind of songs I want to see her doing, and not the songs that are best suited for her voice. The reviewer has nothing against pop music itself. Those songs just feel out of place with the rest of the album.
This.
10:14 PM on 09/15/11
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Best comments so far.
well thanks. she legitimately expressed interest in collaborating with underoath a while back, and she's also talked about having a secret desire to do screams haha
11:12 PM on 09/15/11
Dan CiTi
To Let The World Be
User Info.
...pop does not mean popular. Not all pop music is popular, that is for sure. And all popular music is not pop.
11:23 PM on 09/15/11
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.

Your review made me so much more excited for For The Love Of A Daughter, and I was already ridiculously siked that she included it.

well thanks. she legitimately expressed interest in collaborating with underoath a while back, and she's also talked about having a secret desire to do screams haha

She seems to have moved on from all that. I haven't heard her cite that kind of music as an influence in a while. Now she mostly talks about pop artists in interviews.

11:24 PM on 09/15/11
kianacarly
User Info.
...pop does not mean popular. Not all pop music is popular, that is for sure. And all popular music is not pop.

Also, this. Why is anyone even arguing otherwise?
11:57 PM on 09/15/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
I love that you love and review this kind of music without being hipster ironic about it. I've always appreciated that about you.

Whoops, didn't notice this before. Thanks dude.
12:08 AM on 09/16/11
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
Eh, I think she looks good on the cover, but I've seen her look so much prettier just in pap pics walking down the streets. I used to be Demi>Selena>Miley, but Selena got shifted recently. Demi is the best singer of the three, Selena the best actress. I've loved Demi ever since I heard her voice on Disney Channel when they were first promoting her music. I ranked Miley above Selena because, although Can't Be Tamed was an awful album, Breakout was fantastic and she seems really genuine about what she does and who she is. She fights for causes and speaks out a lot. Also, Selena has such terrible stage presence I get second-hand embarrassment from watching her live videos. Kiss & Tell and When The Sun Goes Down were great though.

/essay
Yeah selena is the best actress for sure. I don't care for her music too much in general, but I was surprised by the rock-ness of some of the songs on kiss and tell, especially the title track. I wish she would do more stuff like. I honestly haven't heard too much demi music, but skyscraper is great and apparently most of this album is in the same vein as that. I'm just kind of indifferent to Miley these days. I enjoyed "see you again" and some HM songs. For some reason I was really into her as a person, without caring too much about her music OR her looks. Its really weird, I can't put my finger on it. Maybe its because she has the same birthday as me?

/also an essay
12:11 AM on 09/16/11
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
that would be so fucking awesome. I remember reading an interview somewhere about her saying she was a fan of some obscure swedish death metal band or something. pretty epic, she should definitely start doing more rock-oriented music. would definitely be a good cathartic experience for her.
12:12 AM on 09/16/11
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
Your review made me so much more excited for For The Love Of A Daughter, and I was already ridiculously siked that she included it.

She seems to have moved on from all that. I haven't heard her cite that kind of music as an influence in a while. Now she mostly talks about pop artists in interviews.

Don't be a buzzkill man! I would love to see her collab with underoath or something along those lines.
12:37 AM on 09/16/11
kianacarly
User Info.
Yeah selena is the best actress for sure. I don't care for her music too much in general, but I was surprised by the rock-ness of some of the songs on kiss and tell, especially the title track. I wish she would do more stuff like. I honestly haven't heard too much demi music, but skyscraper is great and apparently most of this album is in the same vein as that. I'm just kind of indifferent to Miley these days. I enjoyed "see you again" and some HM songs. For some reason I was really into her as a person, without caring too much about her music OR her looks. Its really weird, I can't put my finger on it. Maybe its because she has the same birthday as me?

/also an essay

You should definitely check out Demi's last album Here We Go Again if you haven't already. I used to hate Miley because she overacted like crazy on HM and seemed really obnoxious, but I think she has mellowed out more. I'm not a fan of her image that just seems like equating growing up to showing skin and I don't find her particularly pretty, but I think she has the most genuine and interesting personality of the three. She seems just like a regular, chill teenager. She speaks her mind without worrying about the backlash and I appreciate that.

Don't be a buzzkill man! I would love to see her collab with underoath or something along those lines.

I have a theory that she might be downplaying her old influences are a part of her "changed" image. She's supposed to be all about positivity now, and a lot of people, particularly parents, see that kind of music as "dark." But I highly doubt that haha. I think she might have just grown up and gotten new friends and she's just not as into it anymore. I could be wrong though.
01:11 AM on 09/16/11
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
You should definitely check out Demi's last album Here We Go Again if you haven't already. I used to hate Miley because she overacted like crazy on HM and seemed really obnoxious, but I think she has mellowed out more. I'm not a fan of her image that just seems like equating growing up to showing skin and I don't find her particularly pretty, but I think she has the most genuine and interesting personality of the three. She seems just like a regular, chill teenager. She speaks her mind without worrying about the backlash and I appreciate that.

I have a theory that she might be downplaying her old influences are a part of her "changed" image. She's supposed to be all about positivity now, and a lot of people, particularly parents, see that kind of music as "dark." But I highly doubt that haha. I think she might have just grown up and gotten new friends and she's just not as into it anymore. I could be wrong though.
lol i hope you are wrong. and there is nothing negative about music like underoath. in fact, that is some of the most inspiring and uplifting music out there, much more so than songs about dancing and fucking. im glad she is doing anti-bullying and anti-depression work, and I hope she realizes that the music she (and a lot of people on this site) enjoys really speak to people on a deep level and helps them through difficult times. however, I could see a douchey manager or PR rep trying to push her to downplay these musical influences, which would just be a shame.

also, I find it interesting that you find miley the most genuine. I would definitely give that to selena (and now demi, post-rehab) but I have to give Miley major props for smoking salvia while listening to comedown by bush. I agree that her showing skin is kinda annoying, not because I have anything against naked girls but because she just doesn't have the body for it IMO.
01:28 AM on 09/16/11
kianacarly
User Info.
lol i hope you are wrong. and there is nothing negative about music like underoath. in fact, that is some of the most inspiring and uplifting music out there, much more so than songs about dancing and fucking. im glad she is doing anti-bullying and anti-depression work, and I hope she realizes that the music she (and a lot of people on this site) enjoys really speak to people on a deep level and helps them through difficult times. however, I could see a douchey manager or PR rep trying to push her to downplay these musical influences, which would just be a shame.

also, I find it interesting that you find miley the most genuine. I would definitely give that to selena (and now demi, post-rehab) but I have to give Miley major props for smoking salvia while listening to comedown by bush. I agree that her showing skin is kinda annoying, not because I have anything against naked girls but because she just doesn't have the body for it IMO.

I don't like Underoath but I don't find them negative. That's just a theory I have that I don't even really think is true haha! My music taste is not at all similar to what it was just a few years ago. I still enjoy some things I listened to in the past, but I've moved on from certain artists. I wouldn't at all be surprised if that's the case for her. The only reason I even speculated that is because it just seemed like so suddenly those influences were gone. She still goes on about Brand New and stuff, and probably still mentions bands on her Twitter, I just don't have one and Demi's tweets are annoying anyway so I wouldn't know.

I think Miley is the most candid and honest. She obviously doesn't care if what she says or does offends anyone. I don't care about girls showing skin, I just feel like she did it so people would see her as an adult and it wasn't necessary for her to do that. Her body is amazing. Don't know what Miley you're referring to. Her legs go on for days! Selena on the other hand, just eh. I like that she seems sweet and nice and normal, but it's so safe. I just wish she would show a different side every once in a while. I just think she tries so hard not to be controversial that she probably doesn't show all of her personality. I have no problem with that at all though. As for Demi, I have heard such mixed stories that I don't know. She hangs out with some sketchy people still and she has always been a bit obnoxious.

I had no idea I had this many feelings about these three haha. I need to step away from my computer every once and a while.
02:08 AM on 09/16/11
simplejack
Soundtrack of My Silence
User Info.
Skyscraper is fantastic but All Night Long really turned me off. It just don't fit in. When I saw this review for the first time I thought LOL WHAT?
02:14 AM on 09/16/11
Minty Mouth
User Info.
I find Skyscraper so twee that it's hard to take seriously. I'm surprised nobody else here feels the same way.
03:06 AM on 09/16/11
Kowther
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah it's totally not cool to like anything pop. God I hate all things popular! Lets go cut ourselves!!!
I don't hate pop at all, it's one of my favourite genres but I really hope they're good... But Idk I didn't really like All Night Long.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests