AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 8
Displaying posts 105 - 120 of 134
12:59 PM on 09/17/11
User Info.
I expected her to lay it down on this album but DANG and her vocals are so smooth. I don't really like Who's That Boy or Together but I like the rest. Lightweight, Unbroken, Fix A Heart & Hold Up are my favorites. For The Love Of A Daughter did me in.
01:21 PM on 09/17/11
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
I knew as soon as I saw the artist that there would be a lot of stupid in the replies. How can a 15 songs album with 4 bad songs on it get an 80? lets do some math kiddies. 4 songs scoring an average of 60% (they weren't THAT bad as Joe has already said) + 11 songs scoring an average of 88% averages out to what kids? that's right. 80%. Yay math! Shut the fuck up and read the actual review.
02:41 PM on 09/17/11
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
this website is a joke. i've never seen an album get lower than an 80 on here. stop letting high schoolers and teeny boppers write reviews.
go look at the database. There are a shit tone of albums that get lower then that. Hell I'm pretty sure All Time Low's new record didn't break 80%. You're argument is invalid.

Lastly READ THE GOD DAMN REVIEW BEFORE YOU BITCH ABOUT ANYTHING. A number is just a number.
03:12 PM on 09/17/11
Jay Sean Fenris
User Info.
I understand the average, but how in the hell are you ranking this album so high? Musicianship 7.75? What constitutes a lower score than that? And yes, I've heard the album, more times than I'd like to admit. To each their own, but jesus.

While I do agree that Joe gave this album an unprecedentedly high score, your argument holds very little validity.

"...terrible at math and a lazy reviewer." ~ I love how you also say how Joe was a lazy writer. Consider how he actually wrote the review and how you're just here complaining...yeah, you're real productive, aren't you? Math? Well, the review is to the account of the reviewer, if you don't think it deserves the score, then go troll on the user score and give all the parameters a 0.25 like everyone else is.

" i've never seen an album get lower than an 80 on here" ~ You're, again, being the lazy one here. One, you don't bother to capitalize, and two, you didn't bother to go to the top of the page and click on "reviews" and check the validity of your statement. Wait, maybe you're partially number blind and can only see average scores about 79 %.

Reviews in the past few days with less than 80 %: Various Artists, Calm Blue Sea, Livian, Apophenia, Brighter Than A Thousand Suns, Astronautilis. That's the first page. "If you talk, you better walk, you better back your shit up..."

"...first four songs are so terrible..." ~ Hm, maybe the rest of the album can make up for them? But it only makes sense to infallibly deem an album horrible by judging 27 % of it.
03:31 PM on 09/17/11
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
yeah same. although ive definitely moved on to a different breed of heavy bands. and from what ive seen it seems like women are more prone to have a short love affair with that type of music, get out of it, and never look back.
yeah that kinda sucks. I know girls who used to have awesome taste in music before they started listening to jason derulo and taio cruz
03:40 PM on 09/17/11
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yeah that kinda sucks. I know girls who used to have awesome taste in music before they started listening to jason derulo and taio cruz
Haha my friend from high school actually posted a status on facebook yesterday that said "Just found the iPod I lost in 11th grade... I had Underoath and Pierce the Veil, how fucking GROSS is that?"

I was so disappointed in her.
12:17 AM on 09/18/11
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Haha this is typical radio pop, there's no shame in liking it but don't try to make it out to be something that it's not.
12:58 AM on 09/18/11
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
Haha this is typical radio pop, there's no shame in liking it but don't try to make it out to be something that it's not.
This isn't a Lady Gaga review tbh. jk, if it needed to be said

Nobody is saying it's anything other than pop. Her last album before this one was one of my favorite pop releases in a while. But previous to this album her songs had more of a "rock" element. It was more instrument-driven than pop beats, she played a big hand in writing the lyrics that were obviously meaningful to her, and it separated her from the rest of the Disney kids. The first four songs are so painfully obviously only on there for radio appeal (which they don't have) and that is what most people are taking issue with. Nobody is saying it's not pop. But it also shouldn't just be discounted because it's pop. I love reading well-written and thought out pop reviews. In my opinion the review accurately rates the album and doesn't make it out to be anything it isn't.
02:01 AM on 09/18/11
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This isn't a Lady Gaga review tbh. jk, if it needed to be said

Nobody is saying it's anything other than pop. Her last album before this one was one of my favorite pop releases in a while. But previous to this album her songs had more of a "rock" element. It was more instrument-driven than pop beats, she played a big hand in writing the lyrics that were obviously meaningful to her, and it separated her from the rest of the Disney kids. The first four songs are so painfully obviously only on there for radio appeal (which they don't have) and that is what most people are taking issue with. Nobody is saying it's not pop. But it also shouldn't just be discounted because it's pop. I love reading well-written and thought out pop reviews. In my opinion the review accurately rates the album and doesn't make it out to be anything it isn't.
You make some good points but he almost tries to make it sound like Demi Lovato is revolutionizing pop, someone like Adele revolutionizing pop, not Ms Lovato.
02:10 AM on 09/18/11
kianacarly
User Info.
You make some good points but he almost tries to make it sound like Demi Lovato is revolutionizing pop, someone like Adele revolutionizing pop, not Ms Lovato.

lol where? He said she has a great voice, which she does, talked about the songs, and briefly her struggles. He talked about making something beautiful/meaningful out of something terrible, which Lovato has done with this album. Yeah, the first few songs are trite (as the review said) but there are some wonderful and touching songs as well.

And besides having a great voice, what is Adele doing that is revolutionizing pop music?
03:10 AM on 09/18/11
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
lol where? He said she has a great voice, which she does, talked about the songs, and briefly her struggles. He talked about making something beautiful/meaningful out of something terrible, which Lovato has done with this album. Yeah, the first few songs are trite (as the review said) but there are some wonderful and touching songs as well.

And besides having a great voice, what is Adele doing that is revolutionizing pop music?
Writing most of her own stuff for starters.
03:21 AM on 09/18/11
kianacarly
User Info.

Not revolutionary. Not the only one doing it, not the first to do it, won't be the last to do it, etc etc.
05:06 AM on 09/18/11
Jay Sean Fenris
User Info.
So are most indie pop bands. They're not mainstream, but they're still pop.

Demi also wrote her first album. She was actually "worried" that the first one wasn't "poppy enough" so she decided to enlist the help of the Jonas Brothers to help her write more "pop/radio-friendly" songs.
03:54 PM on 09/18/11
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
Haha my friend from high school actually posted a status on facebook yesterday that said "Just found the iPod I lost in 11th grade... I had Underoath and Pierce the Veil, how fucking GROSS is that?"

I was so disappointed in her.
dude i would go into rage mode if i saw something like that haha
04:45 PM on 09/18/11
SuchAPerson22
bert macklin, FBI
User Info.
Sad to hear that she's lost the rock edge, that's what I always liked best about her. But I am beyond excited for this album. Proud and loud Demi fan, through and through. And it comes out on my birthday! Even better!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos