Username
Password
Streaming News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 27 of 27.
12:08 PM on 09/15/11
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
I don't fully understand it, but I'm overwhelmingly intrigued.
12:09 PM on 09/15/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
The feeling is usually mutual. Strange we do agree on a few bands from time to time though.

Would be interesting to see, if you had to toss together a list of your favorite years in the past decade, however quick/haphazard it would be, what would it look like?
2003, 2005, 2011
12:18 PM on 09/15/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Yeah, the services have changed how I look at music. I used to collect mp3s and hard copies -- I now get annoyed when I'm sent a CD. Hahah. Don't mind having mp3s, until I can put all of it in the cloud ... then I'll not care about those either.
Do you collect vinyl?
12:22 PM on 09/15/11
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
As someone who spends a great deal of time without "access to the cloud" -- be it dead spots, subways, trains, planes, anything -- I'm not even close to being ready for "the cloud".

For as advanced and pimped out as the northeast (NYC, specifically) is, there are so many times I am without connectivity. My 160 (full, can we get a bigger size yet?) iPod is a savior.
12:23 PM on 09/15/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
Yes.
12:59 PM on 09/15/11
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
Now the big question: Rdio or Spotify?
01:00 PM on 09/15/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
Now the big question: Rdio or Spotify?
Depends how you listen to music IMO. One is better suited for albums, the other for songs/sharing.
02:57 PM on 09/15/11
TBNolan
TBNolan Loves You So Much
User Info.
Depends how you listen to music IMO. One is better suited for albums, the other for songs/sharing.
And I will say that Spotify's mobile app + aux input in my car has flipped my musical world on it's head.
03:40 PM on 09/15/11
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Rdio needs to allow personal MP3 support, ideally through the cloud but most certainly through their desktop out. Having a lesser freeium model is a step in the right direction for them to counter Spotify, but full-fledged google like cloud support would blow the competition out of the water. As it currently stands, I'm stuck choosing between a cleaner UI experience and having access to my MP3s that aren't from the bands in Spotify's collection.

Also a google music API would actually solve the problem. Even if rdio didn't embrace it out of legal reasons, I'm sure someone could pretty easily mashup the two APIs.
06:10 PM on 09/15/11
LexXchaos
making the perfect mess of my life
User Info.
I love Spotify (I use the free version since I don't have an iphone or anything), but it'd be cool to be able to try out Rdio/mog.
07:58 PM on 09/15/11
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
And which one is the one better suited for albums?
08:04 PM on 09/15/11
elplatanazo87
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I actually use Rdio. I love it a lot. Never tried spotify though
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music