AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 91
03:02 PM on 09/15/11
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I don't agree with what they did. I don't think it's cool to bash other people's beliefs. If you're not religious, that's fine, but just keep quiet.
03:05 PM on 09/15/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I don't agree with what they did. I don't think it's cool to bash other people's beliefs. If you're not religious, that's fine, but just keep quiet.

Not really what they did
03:13 PM on 09/15/11
brandon_260
User Info.
Clueless.
03:18 PM on 09/15/11
Fame<Infamy
gonna bang bang fuck you up
User Info.
They will NOT be getting any money from me.

HOLY SHIT!
03:19 PM on 09/15/11
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Not really what they did
So displaying the central figure of one of the world's most-followed religions as a piece of feces is NOT intended to be offensive and put down that group?

Seriously now.
03:20 PM on 09/15/11
kskillzz
User Info.
I enjoy some of the music they have put out, but I am not sure I would want to repay their loan when they had the chance to change the artwork in the first place. I respect their decision to keep it the way it was intended, so that is their choice. I would like to think they would not have done it if they could not afford to do it. I would guess most fans already have the record so a lot of the packages are not much motivation. It looks like their goal is not the full amount of the loan. Hopefully the band can afford to pay the loan back regardless of this project.
Yea i agree with this, I was under the impression the government sued them and screwed them over but the fact that they could have changed it and saved 13 grand its pretty dumb. When you're an up and coming artist you cant be that stubborn and you especially can't expect your fans to pick up the slack financially.
03:21 PM on 09/15/11
lew_1987
The desperation's gone.
User Info.
Integrity is worth more than money.
03:23 PM on 09/15/11
Liciakasher
This is where the fish lives
User Info.
Why should the fans have to pay for their mistakes? I really hate this Kickstarter thing sometimes. It went from being a good idea to raise money for causes that actually kind of mattered to being a venue for bands to beg fans to pay for mistakes the band KNEW they were making. I watched an entire news story about this when I was living in Toronto. They made their own bed.
03:37 PM on 09/15/11
codeseven
/* No route to host */
User Info.
I'm a fan of Living With Lions, and not really a Christian. However I find it hard to pick a side. The fact they are down $13,000 sucks. The fact they are asking the fans to repay them for what initially was their mistake sucks. And the fact that people couldn't just take a joke to begin with sucks. So yeah...holy shit.
03:47 PM on 09/15/11
Crowe41
A man, a plan, a canal, Panama.
User Info.
Why should the fans have to pay for their mistakes? I really hate this Kickstarter thing sometimes. It went from being a good idea to raise money for causes that actually kind of mattered to being a venue for bands to beg fans to pay for mistakes the band KNEW they were making. I watched an entire news story about this when I was living in Toronto. They made their own bed.
Fans don't have to pay for anything. It is entirely up to them, and it does come with something in return. I like the fact that they are taking this stance, a lot of Canadian artists benefit from FACTOR but what's the point if it censors the art they are making?
03:51 PM on 09/15/11
Trashcore
lower lifes
User Info.
So religious people are allowed to be vocal about their beliefs, but non religious people aren't?
03:51 PM on 09/15/11
M.Lee
man I'm pretty
User Info.
When people talk about all the wrong reasons to use Kickstarter, they should link to this article.
03:55 PM on 09/15/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
So displaying the central figure of one of the world's most-followed religions as a piece of feces is NOT intended to be offensive and put down that group?

Seriously now.

first off, i'm roman catholic. Doesnt need to be said, but there you go.

Second, I suppose you hate south park, the daily show, the cobert report, family guy and tosh.o as well. Right?
03:59 PM on 09/15/11
Liciakasher
This is where the fish lives
User Info.
Fans don't have to pay for anything. It is entirely up to them, and it does come with something in return. I like the fact that they are taking this stance, a lot of Canadian artists benefit from FACTOR but what's the point if it censors the art they are making?
Doing things for attention isn't "art". I'm all for freedom of speech, but if you're just going to do things as a means to shock people, what's the point? It's not opening anyone's mind. Make a legitimate argument about why you feel something isn't right or why you dislike something. Be constructive. Making jesus out to be a pile of shit isn't constructive..or deep..or "artistic"...or anything.
04:04 PM on 09/15/11
eriatarka24
User Info.
So religious people are allowed to be vocal about their beliefs, but non religious people aren't?
....that makes no sense (this makes no sense this makes no sense this makes no). you need to elaborate, because this really doesn't make sense, though. It's not about being vocal, it's about watching what you say, actually.

The band themselves said they called the album Holy Shit for absolutely no reason, so I don't feel sorry for them. And if you don't believe that they said that, and want a quote, I can grab the interview for you, because I was the one that transcribed it.

Doing things for attention isn't "art". I'm all for freedom of speech, but if you're just going to do things as a means to shock people, what's the point? It's not opening anyone's mind. Make a legitimate argument about why you feel something isn't right or why you dislike something. Be constructive. Making jesus out to be a pile of shit isn't constructive..or deep..or "artistic"...or anything.
Exactly.

And again, the band say they have "childish humor", and they don't seem to care, so.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos