Username
Password
John Mayer News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
John Mayer
Inside AP.net

John Mayer Postpones Tours and New Album

Posted by: Jason Tate (09/16/11)
Due to John Mayer having a granuloma next to his vocal chords, he will be unable to finish the vocals for his new album this year. In a new blog post he says it will be released next year and that "this is a temporary setback, though Iím not sure how long or short a period of time it will be. Iíve got the best doctors in the country looking after me and I will be singing and touring again as soon as I get the all clear. Until then Iíll be spending time writing and composing more music and kicking an empty soup can around the West Village. "

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 45
10:50 AM on 09/16/11
WasteSomeTime
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This sucks
10:52 AM on 09/16/11
justinwho
long live RepliesWithGifs
User Info.
sucks, but glad he's getting it taken care of. the new album will be worth the wait.
10:53 AM on 09/16/11
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
that really sucks, I hope he gets better soon. I think the album may be even better now as John can really hone in and focus on creating some of the best song structures and compositions of his career.
10:56 AM on 09/16/11
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
that really sucks, I hope he gets better soon. I think the album may be even better now as John can really hone in and focus on creating some of the best song structures and compositions of his career.
Truth.

I firmly believed that Continuum was his best work to date, but part of me thinks (now that he has this setback and more time to get his creative juices flowing) that this album is going to be the thing to remember up until this point. He's got a great sound when accompanied by a full band, but there's just something about his acoustic numbers that stand out a bit more.
10:56 AM on 09/16/11
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
ah, that totally put a damper on my winter 2011 anticipated list. oh well, at least I know of a great release coming in 2012
10:59 AM on 09/16/11
xName Takenx
User Info.
I can't understand the hate I get when I tell people how much I like him. People take him so seriously and think he comes off arrogant and cocky, but he is really just extremely sarcastic, and mocks himself all the time.

Even if you don't like his music, he is still extremely talented, and has the potential to be one of the greats.

Hope gets well soon!

...now back to posting on my John Mayer ultimate fan sites...
11:00 AM on 09/16/11
JohnR
User Info.
This stinks. Obviously his heath is the number one priority. I hope that he gets through this and heavily anticipate the new album.
11:01 AM on 09/16/11
JohnR
User Info.
I can't understand the hate I get when I tell people how much I like him. People take him so seriously and think he comes off arrogant and cocky, but he is really just extremely sarcastic, and mocks himself all the time.

Even if you don't like his music, he is still extremely talented, and has the potential to be one of the greats.

Hope gets well soon!

...now back to posting on my John Mayer ultimate fan sites...
Yeah dude. I agree with all of that. I sometimes describe his as sarcastically cocky haha. People don't seem to get that about him sometimes.
11:02 AM on 09/16/11
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
Damn, was looking forward to it.
11:04 AM on 09/16/11
nignag
I could still be ruthless
User Info.
damn, could've contributed to this year's list of great music.
11:23 AM on 09/16/11
BensonHedges
Registered Member
User Info.
That's too bad. Really looking forward to this release.
11:25 AM on 09/16/11
falloutpanicboy
a face to call home
User Info.
this sucks terribly, B&R was my most anticipated album of the year. hopefully he gets better soon and we see the new album released early next year. still stoked for it.
11:28 AM on 09/16/11
ApresMoi
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sucks, but I hope he gets better. Battle Studies is such a great album
11:28 AM on 09/16/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
:'-(
Options
Related News Stories