11:27 PM on 09/19/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
11:32 PM on 09/19/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Fiiiirst. I'll post thought after I read the review.
It's 2011, why do people still do this?
11:35 PM on 09/19/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Jeeze, first that Horrible Crowes review and now this one. Your reviews are getting better and better. I haven't heard the record yet but this is probably your best work.
I wasn't really raving about the record in this one (not saying you ever said that I was - just pointing it out). There's a lot of history and emotion present, but I tried to not compare the new record to anything else - although I do think Blink is better now than when they recorded the self titled. The next few reviews I write are all for big releases so hopefully they're all up to this standard.
11:39 PM on 09/19/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Great review, BUTT FYI, Snake Charmer, Fighting The Gravity, and Even If She Falls are the bonus tracks.
Snake Charmer is track 5, it is not a deluxe track.
12:01 AM on 09/20/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Thank you for everyone pointing out the track listing mixup I had, I'm about to make some edits.
12:08 AM on 09/20/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Yeah i know its track 5, but its a deluxe track. its kinda weird that they did that. look on the iTunes pre orders. its not on the regular album. The regular dosnt have Snake Charmer and ends with Love Is Dangerous
Yes I corrected myself a few posts above. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

No one should order the "normal" version - the 14-track sequence is WAYYYYY more impressive.
05:17 AM on 09/20/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
I'm not a huge Blink fan really, but I came here to say I adore the way Thomas writes. That is all.
<33333
05:17 AM on 09/20/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Love this record. I wish it wasn't done but such a bad reviewer, but whatever.
Lubbbbb youuuuuu
06:36 AM on 09/20/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
this album deserves no more than 65% maybe i could live with 75%. Clearly this reviewer is more of a fan boy than a person who accurately understands music and musicianship.
Did you even read the review? I wouldn't say that very much of my personal bias is interjected in the review - I would say that for those who read the review, the score might seem a bit high. The score is where my opinion came out but if you even read the review you wouldn't have said that.
08:43 AM on 09/20/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
album sucked. no energy in it at all.
wut
12:01 PM on 09/20/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
The only thing I would change is giving the lyrics a 7 or 8. I know its blink and lyrically they've always been extreme unsophisticated and lovelorn, but I still think some of the lyrics are not up 2 par

But really good record
it'll be one of my albums of they year for sure
You do realize that I did not rank those things individually, right?
12:19 PM on 09/20/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Very well written review and good attempt to remain objective. However, as a reviewer in my younger days, I know first hand that no matter how much you try to stay objective in reviewing a band you really love, you will always fail to some degree.

I'd like to see someone review the record (and I know that excludes most of the staff on this site) that perhaps never liked Blink 182 or was incredibly skeptical that this would be a good record and was converted through listening. I've never seen the appeal of this band, but it always has intrigued me as to why so many people like them. I don't want to see a "Blink sucks" review - I want something tangible that would make me want to listen to this record.
For the record my expectations for this album were pretty low, and I was surprised with how much I liked the record. I waiting to get past that "honeymoon" stage with it and see how much I liked it after dozens of listens to write the review, which is why that surprise isn't really reflected in the review.
12:28 PM on 09/20/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
its impossible to trust any blink 182 review on this site.
My opinion on the songs are certainly reflected in the review - but if you look through the review, I'd say like 70% is history and descriptions.
02:19 PM on 09/20/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
90%? really?

jesus christ. it's not completely terrible, but if this is a 90% then Enema Of The State is a 150%
Please tell me how to compare those two records, I don't know how. Let me just compare Brand New's Deja Entendu to New Found Glory's Sticks and Stones while we're at it.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests