Username
Password

Album Review - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 368.
02:27 PM on 09/20/11
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I was under the impression that the last Blink record was untitled as opposed to self titled? Is this not correct
Technically it is. Mark and Tom always dance around the reference by calling it "Untitled".
02:32 PM on 09/20/11
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
Please tell me how to compare those two records, I don't know how. Let me just compare Brand New's Deja Entendu to New Found Glory's Sticks and Stones while we're at it.
I'm just saying, one is clearly not as good, but you didn't leave much room for improvement

I'd say the untitled/self-titled record is similar enough and way better. I wouldn't even rate that a 90.

sure it's your opinion, but it's to the point that your opinion is biased as shit (and I think I saw you admit that earlier in the thread).
02:36 PM on 09/20/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I'm just saying, one is clearly not as good, but you didn't leave much room for improvement

I'd say the untitled/self-titled record is similar enough and way better. I wouldn't even rate that a 90.

sure it's your opinion, but it's to the point that your opinion is biased as shit (and I think I saw you admit that earlier in the thread).
Maybe you should read more carefully. Did you even read the review or did you just stare at the score like a douchebag?
02:40 PM on 09/20/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
Honest question ... what's an "unbiased" review look like? There's always bias. The moment you form an opinion, you've created bias.
02:44 PM on 09/20/11
seimagery
User Info.
Great review, pretty disapointing album for me.

I dont care for the production of it, and a lot sounds like AvA to me. To me, their self-title album is their best work to date, and I suppose this is the natural progression from that...I don't know, I just can't get into this ;(
02:53 PM on 09/20/11
alice+interiors
|
User Info.
Doesn't have to be unbiased, but a bit of objective criticism wouldn't hurt.
02:57 PM on 09/20/11
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
I hands down agree with this. I Miss You, Violence, Stockholm Syndrome, and Down may be the best stretch of songs ever. I don't HATE This album, but it's not their self titled album.
yeah, simply because of the existence of stockholm, obvious, go, easy target, and here's your letter i wouldn't rank this album higher than the self-titled. its a great album but the only other blink albums i would rank it higher than are enema of state and cheshire cat
03:01 PM on 09/20/11
Brandao
There's just this thing about you..
User Info.
Amazing review. Very well written.

I must say that i'm not that into this record. I had pretty low expectations for this and still, it didn't surprise me that much.

I listened to it a few times allready and i can't shake the feeling that they could've done something better.

I think this album is pretty mediocre and I don't see myself listening to it a lot more in the near future.
03:03 PM on 09/20/11
DPDurden
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
When is a popular band that this site covers going to put out a mediocre record? No applying this directly to this record or review, but it seems that the vast majority of reviews for ap.net popular artists always end up somewhere in the "really good category."
Right... the majority of the user base here frequents this website because of a core group of musicians who consistently make great music. people come here cuz they like blink. people don't pretend to like blink cuz they come here...
03:03 PM on 09/20/11
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
When is a popular band that this site covers going to put out a mediocre record? No applying this directly to this record or review, but it seems that the vast majority of reviews for ap.net popular artists always end up somewhere in the "really good category."
yeah, because the review for the all time low album was glowing
03:05 PM on 09/20/11
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
I love this record. My only gripe is "Love is Dangerous", and the synth part in "This is Home".
yeah im really not into love is dangerous
03:08 PM on 09/20/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
All Time Low, Set Your Goals, Taking Back Sunday, A Day to Remember, Saosin, Good Charlotte, The Maine... off the top of my head.
03:12 PM on 09/20/11
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
Honest question ... what's an "unbiased" review look like? There's always bias. The moment you form an opinion, you've created bias.
in this case, something like "I like/love this record, but it's not that great".

and why can't you compare two different sounds. it's not like there is a different scoring scale for every style of music. it's 0-100 whether it's Taylor Swift or Thrice.

Thrice is a perfect example. when Illusion of Safety came out you might have thought it was a 95% and it very well could have been at the time. but as soon as they released Artist in the Ambulance which was objectively better in every way, you must revise your score or change your scale

this is not a 90% record simply put.
03:14 PM on 09/20/11
johnnyferris
5 LARGE PIZZAS
User Info.
I haven't listened to the album yet, but this is a very well written review.
03:14 PM on 09/20/11
DPDurden
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
in this case, something like "I like/love this record, but it's not that great".

and why can't you compare two different sounds. it's not like there is a different scoring scale for every style of music. it's 0-100 whether it's Taylor Swift or Thrice.

Thrice is a perfect example. when Illusion of Safety came out you might have thought it was a 95% and it very well could have been at the time. but as soon as they released Artist in the Ambulance which was objectively better in every way, you must revise your score or change your scale

this is not a 90% record simply put.
Dude it's his opinion. You're totally entitled to yours as well but you're just dumb if you think people are only pretending to like this CD... Or maybe that's not even your argument, and you're just saying that he only likes it because it's blink 182 in which case... congrats, you're arguing that someone likes a band they like. well done.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests