AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 373
01:06 AM on 09/20/11
Mochem
User Info.

Haven't heard the album yet. Other than Up All Night and Heart's All Gone.
I just love that they're making new music. Glad to hear that it's good though.
01:07 AM on 09/20/11
Jacob Tender
User Info.
Well done. Spot on.
01:08 AM on 09/20/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Yeah i know its track 5, but its a deluxe track. its kinda weird that they did that. look on the iTunes pre orders. its not on the regular album. The regular dosnt have Snake Charmer and ends with Love Is Dangerous
Yes I corrected myself a few posts above. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

No one should order the "normal" version - the 14-track sequence is WAYYYYY more impressive.
01:08 AM on 09/20/11
MyJukeboxBroke
I need a Couch
User Info.
i know its been talked about forever now but, was there ever anything said about why they infact did split. like did either of them come out and said this is what happened. or has it been said to be 'tough times and family matter'

jw
01:11 AM on 09/20/11
lilguitardude76
User Info.
Yes I corrected myself a few posts above. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

No one should order the "normal" version - the 14-track sequence is WAYYYYY more impressive.
oh my bad i must have missed it. and yeah i know, i think all 14 songs are essential to the album, But i dont know who would pass on an extra 4 blink tracks if they had the choice lol
01:12 AM on 09/20/11
Marc Bianco
Progress, not perfection.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Does anybody know the significance of the date 4.18.2011...is it just the day Mark wrote that song? Sounds like a demo name.
01:28 AM on 09/20/11
RonStoppable
yeezy season approachin
User Info.
Love the review, very fitting for the record. I love the record and am so happy to have the band that's been the soundtrack to my life the last nineteen years continuing to provide me with great music.
01:31 AM on 09/20/11
whitelightning7
Registered Member
User Info.
Does anybody know the significance of the date 4.18.2011...is it just the day Mark wrote that song? Sounds like a demo name.
I think it's the date that the Blink tour of Europe was cancelled.
01:32 AM on 09/20/11
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
I want to like this album, there's nothing that I find necessarily wrong with it, however it doesn't come close to having the resonance that the self titled did for me.
I hands down agree with this. I Miss You, Violence, Stockholm Syndrome, and Down may be the best stretch of songs ever. I don't HATE This album, but it's not their self titled album.
01:40 AM on 09/20/11
Jonathan Bautts
User Info.
Totally didn't realize the last four were the bonus tracks, only thought it was the last two. How did MH 4.18.11 and Love Is Dangerous not end up on the regular version? They are the perfect closers.
01:42 AM on 09/20/11
Frosty
Sexy User
User Info.
I hands down agree with this. I Miss You, Violence, Stockholm Syndrome, and Down may be the best stretch of songs ever. I don't HATE This album, but it's not their self titled album.
Agreed. Was blasting self titled on the drive home today for an hour and that album is a perfect mix of catchiness and the 'darker' side of their music, plus the lyrics are miles better.
01:44 AM on 09/20/11
jwicklun
Never forget.
User Info.
Good review. I was worried about this album, seeing how I wasn't that into After Midnight and Up All Night, but every track is incredibly solid. Agree with the score.
02:01 AM on 09/20/11
TravisSaidSo
User Info.
i loved the first two songs, some others were alright but overall the album didn't seem special
02:02 AM on 09/20/11
spenser
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Totally didn't realize the last four were the bonus tracks, only thought it was the last two. How did MH 4.18.11 and Love Is Dangerous not end up on the regular version? They are the perfect closers.
They are on the regular version, check the link on the last page that goes to the itunes preorder page. The four bonus tracks are actually Snake Charmer, Heart's All Gone Interlude, Fighting the Gravity, and Even If She Falls, even though a couple of these tracks are interspersed in the middle of the deluxe sequencing rather than tacked on to the end like you're imagining.
02:04 AM on 09/20/11
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I want to like this album, there's nothing that I find necessarily wrong with it, however it doesn't come close to having the resonance that the self titled did for me.

Self titled was the best... till this album came out.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos