Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
09:09 AM on 09/23/11
harveyn590
User Info.
Doesn't Thom hate sheet music?

I know he hates High & Dry!
ugh i hope not, saying you hate sheet music is a stupid thing to say, even if youre thom yorke
11:04 AM on 09/23/11
harveyn590
User Info.
Well he didn't say exactly that. I remember reading a quote from a long time ago, he said he didn't read sheet music and had no interest in it because you can't write emotion into sheet music.
ya alot of these contemporary musicians make claims like that, and its idiotic. I know what theyre getting at, its about emotion and not just "theory" or technicality, but notated music is a worldwide system for communicating music to other people. Its the easiest most efficient way to learn music, not mention the easiest way to study and understand it.
05:06 PM on 09/25/11
harveyn590
User Info.
No, what he said is that you can't properly convey rhythm/groove or tempo into sheet music, which you can't. Jonny Greenwood is the only member of Radiohead who can read sheet music.
you can easily convey tempo with a simple BPM marking and for groove you can do things with articulations, write in directions or make it in swing time etc. True you can't get down an exact feeling with sheet music because 10 people playing the same piece of music will all sound differently.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests