AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Streaming News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Entire caP'n Jazz Set Uploaded to Youtube

Posted by - 12:58 PM on 06/15/07
An entire set of one of caP'n Jazz's last few shows was recently put up on YouTube. You can check out the first of the four part "series" right here with the other three directly to the right of the video.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 35
12:59 PM on 06/15/07
Scott Irvine
Your Virtual Pnin
User Info.
There's also another set available at the Joanfrc website. I already have that one and while this one has better sound quality, the other one is right up in the action and features "Little League" so you can't go wrong.
01:04 PM on 06/15/07
enoefx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this is a real tasty treat!
01:09 PM on 06/15/07
BGP
Registered Badass
User Info.
not bad, not bad
01:22 PM on 06/15/07
notoaststereo
they knew exactly what happened.
User Info.
very cool
01:54 PM on 06/15/07
WhatSayYou
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow horrible, are you sure this wasn't their first show?
01:55 PM on 06/15/07
BORNONTHECUSP
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
amazing
01:59 PM on 06/15/07
enoefx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

You are joking right?

It was flawless. Even better because tim was putting in so much energy, the vocals and instruments were on point on every song.

This is what being in a real band and playing real music from the heart feels and sounds like.
02:06 PM on 06/15/07
WhatSayYou
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You are joking right?

It was flawless. Even better because tim was putting in so much energy, the vocals and instruments were on point on every song.

This is what being in a real band and playing real music from the heart feels and sounds like.

Yeah real music is sounds like crap live... freaking guitarist is out of tune in half the set, vocals are never on key... playing music from the heart awww. If I didn't know who this band was and someone showed me this video I would laugh.
02:10 PM on 06/15/07
radio napalm
User Info.

Have you never listened to this band? If you have, you'd be able to see past the poor recording quality and realize they actually sounded pretty close to their recordings. And being that this was filmed in 1995, this band probably influenced most of what you listen to today.
02:14 PM on 06/15/07
Scott Irvine
Your Virtual Pnin
User Info.
Yeah real music is sounds like crap live... freaking guitarist is out of tune in half the set, vocals are never on key... playing music from the heart awww. If I didn't know who this band was and someone showed me this video I would laugh.

You are everything wrong with fans of music these days. So because the guitar is out of tune and the vocalist is off key means its not from the heart, eh? Wow, who would of guessed? Good thing we have Say Anything and Saves The Day to help us realize how clogged the music pipeline has gotten with bands that stopped making music how they want to and make it by how many plays it'll get them on Myspace. If you knew anything about this band you'd know they weren't playing the House of Blues in front of 500 people. They had a cult following who found their slapdash style enlightening and a much needed departure from the muck of mainstream and dwindling alternative sparkle.
02:19 PM on 06/15/07
WhatSayYou
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Have you never listened to this band? If you have, you'd be able to see past the poor recording quality and realize they actually sounded pretty close to their recordings. And being that this was filmed in 1995, this band probably influenced most of what you listen to today.

Yea I have heard them plenty of time and I do realize they have influenced probably every band I listen to. Even on the recordings his voice sounds like crap to me. However, this live video is horrible because a)quality is crap b) vocals make me laugh c) guitarist is out of tune throughout the video
02:28 PM on 06/15/07
Scott Irvine
Your Virtual Pnin
User Info.
Yea I have heard them plenty of time and I do realize they have influenced probably every band I listen to. Even on the recordings his voice sounds like crap to me. However, this live video is horrible because a)quality is crap b) vocals make me laugh c) guitarist is out of tune throughout the video

You have your head sooo far up your ass, its so funny.

Firstly. What the fuck do you expect with the quality? Hmm, a proto-emo quintet that really only gained a lot of fans after they broke up...the video should be top-quality, right? Yeah...

Secondly. Kinsella's vocals may not be good but I'll be fucked if they didn't set him a part from almost every band in the country. You fail to reward his lyrics which kick the shit out of anything you listen to.

Thirdly. If you're criticizing the guitarist being out of tune, you might as well criticize the entire math-rock, experimental-rock, and sections of indie-rock while you're at it. Your statement holds no validity and is laughable at best.
02:29 PM on 06/15/07
WhatSayYou
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You are everything wrong with fans of music these days. So because the guitar is out of tune and the vocalist is off key means its not from the heart, eh? Wow, who would of guessed? Good thing we have Say Anything and Saves The Day to help us realize how clogged the music pipeline has gotten with bands that stopped making music how they want to and make it by how many plays it'll get them on Myspace. If you knew anything about this band you'd know they weren't playing the House of Blues in front of 500 people. They had a cult following who found their slapdash style enlightening and a much needed departure from the muck of mainstream and dwindling alternative sparkle.

I never said the music was not from the heart. My point was that just because it is from the heart doesn't mean its good. If I write a song and say its from my heart does that automatically mean its good, putting aside the fact I am out of key and my guitar is out of tune? Preposterous! I realize how important these guys are blah blah blah, that doesn't mean I am going to completely ignore the sloppiness since its the almighty capn jazz. I don't care who this video was of. I would say the same thing regardless if its my favorite band or not.
02:35 PM on 06/15/07
enoefx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Even with your ever failing points:

a) the guitars aren't out of tune
b) the quality is great for 95
c) the vocals are wonderful, there is so much raw energy, its 100% real

At your age I would of thought youd realize what makes good music.

They might not have a great studio and masterful production, but cap'n jazz had what 99% of bands today are missing and thats heart.

They were also fiercely original.

That recording is grade a prime cap'n jazz, if you cant appreciate that you should stick to the garbage that society feeds you.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos