AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Myspace News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Update From The Graduate

Posted by - 01:13 PM on 06/15/07
Feeling energetic on the road, Corey Warning from The Graduate updated their myspace blog.
UpdateHello everybody. It's been a long time since we've posted a formal blog or anything of the sort (I feel like we say that every time we actually do post one of these, but seriously, it's gonna stop now).

I'm typing this from Salad Days in Baltimore (where we recorded Anhedonia) sitting in my usual late night chair in the kitchen. It's weird to think that over six months ago I was in the exact same spot writing and recording our album. We haven't been able to spend much time at home since we started touring in Jan, but somehow coming here makes all of us feel a little better. This city will always be like a 2nd home to us (3rd for Jared and myself).

First off, let me just say thanks again to everyone that came out to our show at The Ottobar tonight. We've had a rough week here at Grad Camp, and all of you recharged us enough to make it until the end of this thing!

We've spent the last 5 weeks with great group of people. The Audition, My American Heart, New Atlantic, 1997, and Monty are I. This has been a very memorable tour for all of us, and we're sad to see it winding down. It's a weird feeling after our first full, six-week tour... you'd think we'd be glad to be home already! Well... we are. But we're just going to miss all the bands so much this time around. This tour has taken us to some amazing new places, and we're all very thankful to everyone who made this whole thing possible.

One thing we've been noticing at some of these shows is more and more people singing along with us every night. I can't even begin to tell all of you how excited we've been since our record came out. We know we're little fish in a big tank, but we feel very blessed we've been able to share so much of our music in a short amount of time. We're not the kind of band that judges success on our sales reports, or how many tickets we can pre-sale, or anything like that. But when we see people getting into what we're doing (singing, dancing, talking to us after shows) it really makes us feel like we're doing something right here. And that's the best feeling.

Anyways... we've got some cool things planned for the rest of 2007. Maybe a few things you wouldn't expect, which is always fun. Expect some videos, lots and lots of new shows, and hopefully soon the start of our Street Team. We're really wanting to keep in touch with all of you, and if you have any request or suggestions, or anything you'd like to see/hear/whatever... just tell us! Hopefully we'll see some of you at Warped Tour, we can hardly contain our excitement!

Alright, I really need to get some sleep. I hear Philly is gonna be crazy tomorrow!

-c

p.s. - To anyone who was at our show in Delaware a couple nights ago: if you stuck around long enough to see the fuss in the parking lot, please please please do not think that we won't be coming back! We had a great time playing there, and hope to play for you again this year! So if you were into what we were doing, please tell a friend, help spread some music :)

That's all.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
01:30 PM on 06/15/07
piaffeprncess98
check out www.avoidthescene.com
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Cool. Just saw them in Baltimore last night. I was impressed. I think I'll pick up their cd.
01:49 PM on 06/15/07
X mxpx X
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Cool. Just saw them in Baltimore last night. I was impressed. I think I'll pick up their cd.

You should its SOOOOOO good!
02:06 PM on 06/15/07
*crying stars*
... are you crazy?
User Info.
I wonder what happened in Delaware.
02:22 PM on 06/15/07
stfu_man
Bury your memories
User Info.
Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
04:00 PM on 06/15/07
kailaSUPAHrad
User Info.
they're really nice guys. and they're amazing live.
04:15 PM on 06/15/07
tacosforcharles
it all ends
User Info.
Sooo good.
07:16 PM on 06/15/07
dexteryn
User Info.
I love these guys.
08:57 PM on 06/15/07
GreenJellyBean
i'm a girl.
User Info.
they were fucking amazing tonight. when they played the formula i nearly had a heartattack.
06:02 AM on 06/16/07
ishotthepilot
black&blue or gold?
User Info.
i'm seeing this tour tonight! and i'm pretty in love with this band. glad they're excited too, ha. i want to see if they'll play Justifed for me ;)
07:43 AM on 06/16/07
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
I love this band so much
05:11 PM on 06/16/07
piaffeprncess98
check out www.avoidthescene.com
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Does anyone else think that the singer looks alot like a mini Jason Vena from Acceptance? From where I was standing on the balcony the other night, he looked like a dead wringer for Jason.
07:40 PM on 06/16/07
fueledbyiz
ello.
User Info.
i love these guys. and i'd kill for a name like corey warning. niice.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos