Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 216
06:58 AM on 09/29/11
Entoine
After everything, after everything
User Info.
Very solid album. Not any bad song on it, and some tracks are great (Summer Fling, Don't Mean a Thing is becoming one of my favorite NFG songs).
08:19 AM on 09/29/11
Hoops17
User Info.
Really hoping this album is good. All the up and back on it makes me wonder, but they haven't let me down yet, and they are my favorite band.
And for the song "Radiosurgery", the first time I listened to it I was kinda ehh about it, but honestly after listening to it 2 or more times it rllyyy gets stuck in your head.

As for Coming Home, I feel that is the most progress they've had in their career, but at the same time I love their consistency. I feel a combo of Coming Home mixed with classic NFG style would appease everyone, and accomplish alot sonically.

And yeahh I'm going to join the club. If laid out in front of me and told to put em in order from best to worst/ favorite to least favorite, here's my list:

1. Catalyst
2. Coming Home
3. (tie) Sticks And Stones & Self-titled
4. Not Without A Fight
5. Nothing Gold Can Stay

**no Radiosurgery since I havent listened to all of it yet, and while yes I just ranked these, it doesnt make the bottom 2 bad albums. Every NFG album has been awesome, and NWAF & Nothing Gold are still better than most albums out there.
08:22 AM on 09/29/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Why change a winning formula? This album is just New Found Glory doing what they do best-catchy, infectious pop punk singalong anthems.

I think this has the potential to be one of their greatest albums. Certainly beats NWAF right out of the water. As has been said already, NWAF wasn't a bad album, but most of the songs were merely "quite good."

There are so many potential singles from this album-Anthem for the Unwanted, Caught in the Act, Ready, Aim, Fire! and possibly Trainwreck would be good choices.

While I'm here, the riff in Ready, Aim, Fire!, does anyone think the opening riff has traces of Ring of Fire?
Drill It Into My Brain man. That song. That chorus is as infectious as ever. If that was a single damn it would do well.
10:00 AM on 09/29/11
SmittyMA
You think you know me?
User Info.
Drill It Into My Brain man. That song. That chorus is as infectious as ever. If that was a single damn it would do well.
Stellar song. Completely agree.
10:30 AM on 09/29/11
TSLataris
Representin' the 514
User Info.
Why change a winning formula? This album is just New Found Glory doing what they do best-catchy, infectious pop punk singalong anthems.

I think this has the potential to be one of their greatest albums. Certainly beats NWAF right out of the water. As has been said already, NWAF wasn't a bad album, but most of the songs were merely "quite good."

There are so many potential singles from this album-Anthem for the Unwanted, Caught in the Act, Ready, Aim, Fire! and possibly Trainwreck would be good choices.

While I'm here, the riff in Ready, Aim, Fire!, does anyone think the opening riff has traces of Ring of Fire?

YES, THAT'S IT!!! I knew that riff reminded me of an older punk song but I was having trouble putting my finger on it. Gracias.
11:03 AM on 09/29/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
My Deluxe Edition came in the mail today. It is not out till Tuesday. Exam day just got better! When I go on a road trip I have my jams. New Blink 182, New Found Glory, Switchfoot, Saves The Day, and Man Overboard
11:13 AM on 09/29/11
jlyata
User Info.
I think "Not Without a Fight" is the only blemish on their career ....

I agree completely. Every song had potential but fell short.
Though there are a few tracks on this cd I could do without, as a whole I'm extremely pleased. And it sounds great blasting from my car stereo
01:27 PM on 09/29/11
StiXFactor
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Although I really enjoy Coming Home, it is definitely the obvious choice for the "one of these things is not like the other one" game. Great review. I'm really looking forward to this album.
02:15 PM on 09/29/11
bhs1158
hold high how faint your reasons
User Info.
Just streamed it on Alternative Press. meh.
02:18 PM on 09/29/11
_grantlong
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
obviously it ends up being that the Deluxe edition has the best songs (as the "bonuses"). It always baffles me why so many bands do this... usually they consider them "b-sides" or "bonuses" and they end up being the best.

one of the bonuses, "Over Again," is better than anything else on the entire album.
02:47 PM on 09/29/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I don't think their is album by these guys I don't like. I love everything from NWAF to Coming Home and all the way back to Nothing Gold Can Stay. It just feels good to have a band consistently making new albums. Overall I think any self proclaiming NFG fan even if they are just getting into this year will love this album. It is a good throw back to older stuff, It has a bit of a jump in sound while still sounding classic, and you can hear exactly what they were influenced by when writing it. I absolutely love Map Of Your Body just for the fact it sounds like really old green day with nfg charm. They said it was something they were going far and it did not fall short. Overall it is a catchy as the flue album and a lot of songs after even 1 or 2 listens get stuck in your head.

I drilled this album into my brain!
03:24 PM on 09/29/11
domotime2
great googily moogily
User Info.
is it weird that the fact u guys dont like this makes me more excited about this album because i know the kind of music u like?

Radiosurgery is perfect, the single, its the exact kind of song i'd expect off self-titled, sticks and stones or catalyst.
03:25 PM on 09/29/11
domotime2
great googily moogily
User Info.
I mean i thought their last album was by far, by far, their weakest album to date...everything else was solid, even coming home grew on me (the warning of the discography).
03:36 PM on 09/29/11
_grantlong
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
is it weird that the fact u guys dont like this makes me more excited about this album because i know the kind of music u like?

Radiosurgery is perfect, the single, its the exact kind of song i'd expect off self-titled, sticks and stones or catalyst.
but the problem with the radiosurgery song is that the lyrics are super cliche and that they already made a song that sounds exactly the same years earlier (I'd Kill to Fall Asleep has the same verses, chord progression, style of lyrics, etc.)
04:07 PM on 09/29/11
domotime2
great googily moogily
User Info.
Radiosurgery = B+ (this song is weak? im confused)
Anthem for Unwanted = B
Drill it in my Brain = B
Im not the One = B+
ready aim fire = (clap clap, clap. clap clap, clap. clap clap, clap) B-
Dumped = (allister) B+
Summe fling, dont mean a thing = B
caught in the act = A- (my favorite song)
memories and battlescars = B
trainwreck = B-
map of your body = B+

All these scores reflect first listen so its only going to get better. A solid b to b+ album...i know in my heart that at least 3-5 of these will enter the NFG greatest hits discography. Solid album, cant complain. i hated the last album, this is much more like it. Really could've used a "hard" song. "punk" song.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos