Username
Password
You Me and Everyone We Know News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
You Me and Everyone We Know
Inside AP.net

You Me and Interviews About My Old Band

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (09/28/11)
In a new interview, Augustine Rampolla (ex-You Me and Everyone We Know) discusses his new band, The Little Indians, regret over the statements made during You, Me & Everyone We Know's demise, and a possible split with more ex-YM&EWK members.
From the InterviewI really regret it. I made statements, and I and everyone else formally of the band stands by those statements. When we finally came to the decision, we all agreed that we were going to make a brief statement. Two days later Ben came out with a whole elaborate write up with half-truths. It just wasnít fair for him to say that. He made us out to look like we were these ungrateful dudes who couldnít get along with him because he was an alcoholic. I donít want to get into it, but we were really upset. The other guys were on tour with Hellogoodbye hanging out and told me that we had to respond. Iím the one who went online and made the post, so it looked like it was me saying these things. But really, all the statements I made were from everyone. We all talked about it. We had to tell the fans what happened, but they were on a four hour drive, so I went online and did it. Looking back, maybe we should have left it alone. The statement we made really upset fans even more. There are some things that outsiders donít need to know. There was way too much stuff that got out that should not have been public knowledge. I would definitely say that I regret it. All we can do is move forward.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 34
01:10 PM on 09/28/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Just stop.....
01:17 PM on 09/28/11
gold soundz
User Info.
nobody really ever cared
01:18 PM on 09/28/11
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
nobody really ever cared
...about Ben, and his douchery. Yes, this is true.
01:30 PM on 09/28/11
codypayne
User Info.
...about Ben, and his douchery. Yes, this is true.
what about my douchery?! I'm at least still active!
01:35 PM on 09/28/11
soadjaeger
User Info.
you need to step it up
01:36 PM on 09/28/11
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
Haha, expected.
02:00 PM on 09/28/11
Hojonny
youtube.com/crashtestprod
User Info.
Listening to YMAEWK's full length in context of the turmoil gives it a much more interesting undertone, intended or otherwise.

Also, this is a good little tune. Look forward to more from them.
02:21 PM on 09/28/11
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.

Thiiiiiis guy. But seriously, I am so sick of hearing about YMAEWK drama. Young Indians sound pretty solid, Ben is doing his thing, whatever.
02:44 PM on 09/28/11
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
You just have bad timing man, no foul there. Well played though. Congrats on War Paint too, it's stupid good.
02:52 PM on 09/28/11
sdisticsquirrel
the prophet
User Info.
"maybe we should have left it alone"

Yes. And this is not leaving well enough alone either...
We've all moved on. Shitty situation, but be the bigger man and move on. Stop responding and put together a Little Indians album
03:01 PM on 09/28/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Statements like those that were made by the band, were less about the music & more about the band politics that (as he said) don't need to be heard. Having every detail of why you broke up sometimes let's people have an opinion that taints their perception. Too much information & too many write ups just make it never go away....I now respect & appreciate when bands keep it short & simple, it never changes the music =)
03:33 PM on 09/28/11
about3fitty
Registered Member
User Info.
do you really feel the need to respond to every single news update about this band?
03:33 PM on 09/28/11
3ver So Sweet
User Info.
you me and everyone we dont care about. the correct answer would've been no comment, just make your music no one cares what happened anymore.
03:45 PM on 09/28/11
sodamnclever
it's a sign, bro.
User Info.
I feel like he is just bringing back the past again now by saying his side of the story in that little blurb.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests