AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Angels & Airwaves News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Absolute Access: Angels and Airwaves LOVE Film/Interview

Posted by - 11:20 AM on 09/29/11
Last night I was fortunate enough to attend a screening of LOVE with Tom DeLonge, a film by William Eubank featuring a score by Angels and Airwaves. You can read my thoughts on the film here. I was also able to talk with DeLonge a bit about the upcoming Angels and Airwaves release, LOVE Pt. II, writing for Neighborhoods and our ideas of punk rock as we grow up. You can read that interview here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 38
11:28 AM on 09/29/11
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
User Info.
In Austin!? I'd heard about this but I guess it was for a festival and all the tickets were gone a few days ago :/
11:30 AM on 09/29/11
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I believe this was sold out which is hard to believe seeing as how awful the movie turned out.
11:40 AM on 09/29/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
I believe this was sold out which is hard to believe seeing as how awful the movie turned out.
Where'd you see it? It online?
11:49 AM on 09/29/11
me7719
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really just wish all the Blink members could of focused in on the blink album instead of juggling several things at once, released the album, did a tour, and then went off to do the other things they felt like doing. I get that Tom is very passionate about doing his AvA stuff, and thats awesome. But I think both projects would of been more successful if he had 100% effort to put into it, instead of 50/50. Also while Tom is off doing Angels, I really hope Mark and Travis use the time to make another +44 album.
12:23 PM on 09/29/11
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
User Info.
The movie was quite good actually. Don't know what movie you were seeing.
12:23 PM on 09/29/11
Nolessthanblink
User Info.

Yeah, well I don't know if this particular event was sold out, but I live about 45 min from Austin and caught wind of this showing over the weekend. When I looked for tickets for the screening, you had to have a pass for the festival (not just the LOVE showing), all of which were sold out.
12:25 PM on 09/29/11
Nolessthanblink
User Info.

I really just wish all the Blink members could of focused in on the blink album instead of juggling several things at once, released the album, did a tour, and then went off to do the other things they felt like doing. I get that Tom is very passionate about doing his AvA stuff, and thats awesome. But I think both projects would of been more successful if he had 100% effort to put into it, instead of 50/50. Also while Tom is off doing Angels, I really hope Mark and Travis use the time to make another +44 album.

@Jason, they did those screenings back a month or so ago at theaters across the country, so maybe he saw it there. I haven't seen/heard anything about it being online yet though.

And if you read the interview, you'd see how Blink and AVA both work into Tom's schedule, and why he feels it's important to have both. I doubt a +44 album will be coming though, with all the other projects those two have going on.
12:39 PM on 09/29/11
ETGsynth
IWillBuryYou&EverythingYouBelieveIn
User Info.
I wish some people would just let Mark, Tom and Travis live their lives without feeling the need to have an opinion on what they do or what they spend their time on.
12:56 PM on 09/29/11
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Had no idea this was going on in Austin this week. I've lived here for all 19 years of my life and I always miss the good shit :(
12:57 PM on 09/29/11
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
I wish some people would just let Mark, Tom and Travis live their lives without feeling the need to have an opinion on what they do or what they spend their time on.

This
01:23 PM on 09/29/11
irememberhallow
User Info.
I'm just stoked and happy everyone is at a good state. I'll love this band for ever, I don't give a shit!
01:41 PM on 09/29/11
golferpunk1
I'm not used to this temptation
User Info.

I saw it weeks ago here in SLC,Ut. They did a screening.
01:43 PM on 09/29/11
juice182
User Info.
this
02:07 PM on 09/29/11
agreenmagician
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pretty sure the movie more or less made its budget back from that 1 night, 470 screenings event.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos