Username
Password
Tour Dates News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 22 of 22.
10:06 AM on 10/01/11
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Holy fuck, I thought this was Eastern Canada only! I will be seeing LWL one more time in 2011! so stoked...
10:25 AM on 10/01/11
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
I don't think it does any good, I've never convinced a band to book shows here, but I try, haha. Normally I wouldn't have mentioned it because LWL already played here twice in 2011. But those Alberta dates are super random, seems weird they wouldn't fill up that five day gap with a show here and in Regina.
They probly will, this is the very early announcement...
10:31 AM on 10/01/11
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Well, I'm glad I can count on you to show up, haha. I think it's just because of geography unfortunately. We're in the middle of nowhere and only 700,000 people live here. It takes a lot of gas and the crowds will be smaller so I think a lot of bands feel that it's not worth their time. It's not really an issue with Canadian bands, I'm not really angry at LWL for skipping us because they've played here twice since April. It's the American bands that annoy me, very few of them seem to care about Canada. There's some exceptions, like A Wilhelm Scream and Against Me! but most of them don't care at all.
Agreed, The Swellers piss me off the most with that shit... they seriously pretend that the whole part of Canada west of Ontario dosent exist... its almost like Anto says to the rest of the band "Im from Canada and we are not touring it, understand boys?"
08:54 PM on 10/21/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
This.

Plus I was always under the impression that they like Winnipeg shows. Oh well, I'm sure they have their reasons..
Getting bummed every time a band I want to see isn't playing here would leave me depressed; I'll just stick to being stoked when they do come (hopefully soon? haha).

Damn, this has to come to Winnipeg!

Don't think I'm going to make another news post because I think we're the only people who care. But I wanted to make sure you guys and people who search for the band on the site see this:

Thursday, November 24, 2011 at 4:00pm
Music Trader (In Store Performance) - Winnipeg, MB

Sucks they couldn't find a real venue, but it's still better than nothing!
11:21 PM on 10/21/11
roughroads
Sometimes you gotta pee in the sink
User Info.
Don't think I'm going to make another news post because I think we're the only people who care. But I wanted to make sure you guys and people who search for the band on the site see this:

Thanks a lot !
Is it the full bill playing? and I'm guessing we can pick up tickets @ Music Trader like any time or ?
07:24 AM on 10/22/11
Cøltøn
User Info.

Thanks Deborah! As long as its a full set I'll take what I can get.

Sucks though cuz the Death Trap is finished doing shows from what I've heard. And last time they played there it was fantastic.

EDIT: Damn this is at 4:00 pm. I'm not off work til 5. I wonder if they're the only band playing.
10:50 AM on 10/22/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Thanks a lot !
Is it the full bill playing? and I'm guessing we can pick up tickets @ Music Trader like any time or ?

Thanks Deborah! As long as its a full set I'll take what I can get.

Sucks though cuz the Death Trap is finished doing shows from what I've heard. And last time they played there it was fantastic.

EDIT: Damn this is at 4:00 pm. I'm not off work til 5. I wonder if they're the only band playing.

No problem! I'm almost 100% certain they'll be the only band playing because it's an in-store performance so it's not a "real" show technically. That's why it's at 4 in the afternoon, usually bands chill out and play songs in a more intimate setting before playing the "real" show later that night. And because of that I'm not sure about the ticket situation, though they'd definitely be available at Music Trader if that's how the store has decided to run this. Sometimes people just show up on a first come first serve basis and usually it's free. That's how it was when Less Than Jake did an in-store 3 years ago, I didn't go, but my friend did.

And yeah, I'm bummed about the Death Trap too. I wonder why they decided to shut it down, especially since it was getting some traffic from some good touring bands.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS