AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Self-Promotion Spotlight: Milhouse

Posted by - 10:25 PM on 09/30/11
Browsing through the Self Promotion forum, I discovered Milhouse, an indie punk band from Australia. Want to be featured in the Self Promotion Spotlight? It's easy, just sign up for an AP account, post in the forum and leave the rest to us. Head to the replies to learn more about the band.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
10:25 PM on 09/30/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Milhouse - AP Profile | Facebook

Milhouse are a delightful indie punk quintet from down under (Sydney, Australia). Their sound can be recognized by whistle-bound melodies, upbeat rhythms, and an overall unshakable catchiness. Comprised of members from Animal Shapes, Lights Out, and Between The Devil and The Deep, the band just recently released their debut EP, Everything Is Coming Up…:"five tracks of good-time, emotionally-awkward pop punk." With vocals that strike similarities to Anthony Raneri (Bayside) and Matt Skiba (Alkaline Trio), and a musical style mirroring Braid, The Promise Ring, and The Get Up Kids, fans of indie pop/punk will be sure to tap their feet.

Milhouse - TL;DR
01:43 AM on 10/01/11
djsclaus
www.brandonmarshall.net
User Info.

Digging this though. It's pretty catchy!
02:16 AM on 10/01/11
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pretty cool stuff. Not quite what I expected (the last time I saw a band named Millhous they were a hardcore band opening for The Dwarves) but cool anyway.
06:13 AM on 10/01/11
tawtaw
He called the shit poop!
User Info.
catchy stuff
06:18 AM on 10/01/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Glad you guys are enjoying it!
06:33 AM on 10/01/11
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
i remember a user saying someone should form a band named "Milhouse" haha... great song
07:01 AM on 10/01/11
The Minn
User Info.
haven't they been around awhile? i could have sworn i had heard of them a few years back.
07:08 AM on 10/01/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Pretty cool stuff. Not quite what I expected (the last time I saw a band named Millhous they were a hardcore band opening for The Dwarves) but cool anyway.
Yeah, there's always bands with the same name out there haha.
haven't they been around awhile? i could have sworn i had heard of them a few years back.
If you're from Australia, which I assume you're not, then nope. As has been mentioned a bunch of times before there have been different bands with the same name.

But personally I prefer people just listen to/discuss the actual music, haha.
11:08 AM on 10/01/11
amour faux
FAKKEN BOOLSHET.
User Info.
i wish the world would do more simpsons reference.

these guys are good!
03:16 PM on 10/01/11
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
There was a hardcore band from Long Island, from back in the day, also called Milhouse. They were pretty good.
04:05 PM on 10/01/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
There was a hardcore band from Long Island, from back in the day, also called Milhouse. They were pretty good.
Yes, it's been mentioned a bunch now haha. Do you have any opinions on this band's music?
04:06 PM on 10/01/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Remember Milhouse? He's back, in band form.
04:07 PM on 10/01/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
08:19 PM on 10/01/11
milhaus
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thanks for the feedback guys. We found out after the prior Milhouse (Long Island guys) after we had played a couple of shows with the name. As mentioned, there was no one, to our knowledge, in Australia withe the name at the time. But thanks for checking the songs out, please spread the word. And kudos to user: Alex DiVincenzo and user: Amor Faux for references haha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos