Username
Password
AP.net Reviews News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Reviews
Inside AP.net

Staff Reviews (10/03/11)

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (10/02/11)
"You're just washed up and you're tired and when I get to your age, well, I won't be such a coward.'"
Staff ReviewsJack's Mannequin - People and Things (Thomas Nassiff)
Lydia - Paint It Golden (Ryan Gardner)

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
08:41 PM on 10/02/11
xjulianx89
Play that tune
User Info.
Everything in Transit, huh.
08:44 PM on 10/02/11
MyFriendsOver
Your pictures are already burned.
User Info.
Everything in Transit, huh.
Yeah what the heck? I was expecting a retro review when I clicked the link.
08:49 PM on 10/02/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Fixed it must have been a typo
09:02 PM on 10/02/11
trojanick
they all got boyfriends anyway
User Info.
Thomas - your constant pimping of Frank Turner convinced me to check him out and buy that album. Much thanks.
10:21 PM on 10/02/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Loved People and Things. So many great release recently.

Can't wait to see review for Mayday Parade's S/T. That album hit home way beyond even a fan like me could of expected. The album is so raw and emotional. Jake really shines and Derek has the passion in his voice like he used to

I don't think I can pick an AOTY for 2011. I will have to do it by genre. This year had so many albums that I don't I will ever put down. (Blink 182, Yellowcard, P!ATD, Bayside, New Found Glory, Mayday Parade, Jack's Mannequin, The Dangerous Summer, Switchfoot, and The Wonder Years). More groups had great albums too. This is going to be someones 2001
11:14 PM on 10/02/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Fixed it must have been a typo
LOL I can't believe I did that....thank you.
11:43 PM on 10/02/11
Prae Omnia
User Info.
LOL I can't believe I did that....thank you.

So even Thomas makes mistakes... What's next? Jason Tate will admit to not always being right?
05:16 AM on 10/03/11
dlee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So even Thomas makes mistakes... What's next? Jason Tate will admit to not always being right?
hahaha can pigs fly yet?
06:14 AM on 10/03/11
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
User Info.
Frank Turner!

I've listened to People and Things twice now and it hasn't really stood out for me. Hopefully I'll come around soon.
07:58 AM on 10/03/11
derekjd
Mr.DRM
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Loved People and Things. So many great release recently.

Can't wait to see review for Mayday Parade's S/T. That album hit home way beyond even a fan like me could of expected. The album is so raw and emotional. Jake really shines and Derek has the passion in his voice like he used to

I don't think I can pick an AOTY for 2011. I will have to do it by genre. This year had so many albums that I don't I will ever put down. (Blink 182, Yellowcard, P!ATD, Bayside, New Found Glory, Mayday Parade, Jack's Mannequin, The Dangerous Summer, Switchfoot, and The Wonder Years). More groups had great albums too. This is going to be someones 2001
Any idea who's reviewing that album? I heard it leaked, but I'm not grabbing it until tomorrow morning.
08:16 AM on 10/03/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Any idea who's reviewing that album? I heard it leaked, but I'm not grabbing it until tomorrow morning.
I had to listen to leak but I got my pre-order coming in soon. The album really is just what you would expect from MP but more raw. It is a huge step up from ABH and I honestly think it may be held above A Lesson In Romantics. This album is stronger in every category then their last album. The lyrics are as good or better than when they had Jason and the instrumentation on this album is far Superior to both combined. That is coming from a longtime fan.
09:47 AM on 10/03/11
derekjd
Mr.DRM
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I had to listen to leak but I got my pre-order coming in soon. The album really is just what you would expect from MP but more raw. It is a huge step up from ABH and I honestly think it may be held above A Lesson In Romantics. This album is stronger in every category then their last album. The lyrics are as good or better than when they had Jason and the instrumentation on this album is far Superior to both combined. That is coming from a longtime fan.
Okay. You don't even understand how excited I am for this album. I think what I'll just do is listen through it all in one sitting and form an opinion, but if what you say is true I'll have to put the deluxe of this and the deluxe of Lucky Street on CD's and keep them in my car.
Any choice songs? Does the last song hold up with You be the anchor that keeps my feet on the ground (my favorite song by them?)
10:41 AM on 10/03/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Okay. You don't even understand how excited I am for this album. I think what I'll just do is listen through it all in one sitting and form an opinion, but if what you say is true I'll have to put the deluxe of this and the deluxe of Lucky Street on CD's and keep them in my car.
Any choice songs? Does the last song hold up with You be the anchor that keeps my feet on the ground (my favorite song by them?)
The last song has a big classic rock power ballad that ends the album feeling like a true ending. Everything's An Illusion, No Heroes Allowed, Stay, Call Me Hopeless Not Romantic, and Happy Endings Are Stories That Haven't Ended Yet. Those are my personal favorites. Some fast and some slow. I think the slower songs on this album are some of the best cause it is not all piano. Really raw classic rock-esq guitar. Thick and smooth drumming and the vocals have never sounded better. I really enjoy this album more than ALIR and I never thought I could say that.
11:38 AM on 10/03/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Drew is reviewing Mayday
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles