AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 104 of 104
10:37 AM on 10/08/11
grimis16
User Info.
big big fan of this. Wasnt into Assailants but this one I've been listening to on repeat
02:50 AM on 10/10/11
Jon02
User Info.
Wow.

Not to be rash but I'm thinking that this is better than Illuminate.
09:35 AM on 10/10/11
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
I like Best Nights the most, but wish there wasn't as much cursing throughout.

Illuminate seems simpler (chord structure, etc) but so much more solid than this release. Overall, it's a decent album. I'd give it a 6/10.
04:19 PM on 10/10/11
bmt !!!
www.nchv.org
User Info.
Wonderful review. This record exists on the other side of the closing door from "Illuminate." Leighton and company have been on a great musical journey lately. I cannot wait to see them again on the 18th in DC!
04:55 PM on 10/10/11
Mr.Piano93
I hate my username.
User Info.
I like Best Nights the most, but wish there wasn't as much cursing throughout.

Illuminate seems simpler (chord structure, etc) but so much more solid than this release. Overall, it's a decent album. I'd give it a 6/10.

It seems like most of these lyrics, as well as the lyrics from My Blood is Full of Airplanes, are products of "very drunken nights" (as Leighton describes in the track-by-track). I do agree that Illuminate is much more lyrically strong, but musically, this one is very close. I just wish the guitars were a bit more present in the mix at points.
07:41 AM on 10/11/11
Brett9
a creative username?
User Info.
I agree that it's not on the same level of Illuminate, but I honestly was surprised at how incredible the album turned out to be. Not sure why I doubted them...but Lydia managed to release another beautiful piece of music that I'll only grow to appreciate more and more over time.
08:19 AM on 10/11/11
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
Finally had the chance to listen to the album in full. First listen, love it. 100 times better than Assailants, in my opinion. The guitar has taken a noticeably lighter role here, which was a tad disappointing, but overall, this is a solid piece of work that I'll continue to dissect during my down time.
03:30 PM on 10/11/11
DanPiazza
Tourist With a Typewriter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I just gave this album its first spin last night...and I'm just floored by it. It's not leaving my stereo for a long time.
02:56 AM on 10/12/11
flarm
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
it doesnt have as much substance as illuminate... the lyrics are kind of shoddy at parts and musically theres not as much inspiration backing it. honestly a lame effort in comparison
03:22 PM on 10/14/11
RelientAudio
User Info.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the overwhelmingly positive reaction on this site...but wow this album bored me.
05:50 PM on 10/15/11
low_rising
Registered Member
User Info.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the overwhelmingly positive reaction on this site...but wow this album bored me.
actually at first i was pretty underwhelmed by this. but after repeated listens i'm really starting to dig it.
04:57 AM on 11/08/11
bencoles
twitter.com/bencoles_
User Info.
Magical album. As chilling and moving as Illuminate. One of my AOTYs.
02:22 PM on 11/09/11
hkostelnik1992
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love this album! It's such a step up from his last but has the same lucid elements. One of the most creative bands today. Very stand out from the rest. <3
05:14 PM on 02/14/12
caercove
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Coach outlet online store, enjoy authentic Coach bags, purses. Fashion Trends From the discount online shop in this season. Enjoy 75% off here.
Dental insurance is a concern for many Americans. They want to make sure that they obtain the best possible coverage for their selves and their family members without completely breaking the bank. The problem is, how do they find the best dental insurance out there? How do they even begin to compare dental plans that are available? This article is published to review dentalplans.com. There is a big difference between dental insurance and dental plans and I will leave that discussion for someone else. The reality is some dental plans actually do work. That is the purpose of this site, to review top rank dental plan website. If you're unfamiliar with dental plans, they're different from dental insurance. Dental Insurance reimburses you for any expense you incur on your dental care. Dental plans do not reimburse you but offer you a generous discount on every dollar you spend on dental care. Dental Insurance can be rather expensive to opt for, especially to cover the entire family. A large number of people take their chances and prefer not to pay expensive dental insurance premiums.
http://www.vougecoachonline.com/coach-outlet-c5.html http://www.vougecoachonline.com/coach-alex-bags-outlet-c6.htmlhttp://www.vougecoachonline.com/coach-ashley-bags-outlet-c9.htmlhttp://www.vougecoachonline.com/coach-alexandra-bags-outlet-c8.htmlhttp://www.vougecoachonline.com/coach-bleecker-bags-outlet-c10.html

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos