Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 47
12:04 PM on 10/05/11
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
So many awesome tracks on this album. I'm loving it.
12:42 AM on 10/06/11
Wings249
User Info.
This is simply a brilliant album!
09:25 AM on 10/06/11
Sic Transit Zeb
User Info.
This album is just fantastic. Good review, Drew.
09:29 AM on 10/06/11
mtch.nelson
Mitch
User Info.
Great album. Listened to it heavily since it released.
09:57 AM on 10/06/11
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
I just couldn't get into Armistice. I hope this album is on par or better than their debut record.
12:11 PM on 10/06/11
PetitnaindesÎles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
While i miss the their previous more atmospheric sound, this album is just so groovy and i enjoy the guitar work that Roy has brought. Only bummer : i usually love their closers but "In No Time" is the only track i'm not really into...
01:29 PM on 10/06/11
Bradalee21
Hmm...
User Info.
Never heard of them before but wow, what an album. Thanks for the review Drew, i would have likely never found these guys without it.
08:50 AM on 10/07/11
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
Love this review purely off the HP reference in the very beginning.
10:15 AM on 10/07/11
Alexx Miller
Dominic Decoco
User Info.
Awesome review and awesome album. Love this band.
11:16 AM on 10/07/11
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
Currently yes, I don't know if the new guitarist is permanent yet and all their promo pictures only feature the 3

Hey, Drew, you doing the review for the upcoming Alesana album? I could use a good laugh.
11:23 PM on 10/08/11
Life,I'msorry
User Info.
I don't care if I sound all Brady Bunch-y, but this album is just so God damn groovy! It is impossible to contain yourself from dancing all over the place while listening to this album.
08:45 PM on 10/09/11
haloswitch
User Info.
I am a huge MUTEMATH fan, and while there are some great tracks, this album as a whole was very disappointing for me.
02:47 PM on 10/10/11
ChainOfOblivion
User Info.
Drew, honestly I think you are way too generous in your reviews and that you should seriously reevaluate your rating system. For an album to deserve a 95%, it had better be what the percentage implies - 5% away from perfection.

I've been a huge Mute Math fan for a long time, and was thrilled to hear they'd dropped a new album. Upon purchase and listening through a few times, I am vastly underwhelmed. When a band decides to head in a new direction, I am usually skeptical (seeing as, in the majority of cases, they aren't able to pull it off). In this case, Mute Math was unsuccessful with their transition. It's messy and not at all catchy. To me, this is a downfall for a once-great band, much like Keane and MewithoutYou (please, don't anyone waste your time arguing with me on this comment).

Even looking at this from the dainty perspective that "everyone is entitled to their own opinion", I still can't even begin to comprehend why anyone would give this a 95%. Give it a listen, see what you think, and I'm interested to see what happens to the Member Ratings.
03:11 PM on 10/10/11
_bluestOCT
Are you my trouble?
User Info.
I am a huge MUTEMATH fan, and while there are some great tracks, this album as a whole was very disappointing for me.

Drew, honestly I think you are way too generous in your reviews and that you should seriously reevaluate your rating system. For an album to deserve a 95%, it had better be what the percentage implies - 5% away from perfection.

I've been a huge Mute Math fan for a long time, and was thrilled to hear they'd dropped a new album. Upon purchase and listening through a few times, I am vastly underwhelmed. When a band decides to head in a new direction, I am usually skeptical (seeing as, in the majority of cases, they aren't able to pull it off). In this case, Mute Math was unsuccessful with their transition. It's messy and not at all catchy. To me, this is a downfall for a once-great band, much like Keane and MewithoutYou (please, don't anyone waste your time arguing with me on this comment).

Even looking at this from the dainty perspective that "everyone is entitled to their own opinion", I still can't even begin to comprehend why anyone would give this a 95%. Give it a listen, see what you think, and I'm interested to see what happens to the Member Ratings.

Curious. How many times did you actually give the album a listen? Yes, it's very different, but Armistice was different than their self titled and debut. They're so good at making transitions into new styles of music. I think you guys really need to give this a few more listens, because it took me a little while to get used to this album as well, and now I adore it.
02:15 PM on 10/11/11
StillSyncing
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Eh, typically I welcome change with a warm embrace, but this album is strange in a way that just isn't pleasant to listen to. People keep using the term "groovy", and while I think that's a fitting description, that might be precisely why I don't like their new style. Mute Math has always been brilliant and more than able to make memorable songs (they've been the soundtrack to many of my Summers), but I think they've run their course for me.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos