Username
Password
AP.net Reviews News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Reviews
Inside AP.net

Staff Reviews - 10/04/11

Posted by: Drew Beringer (10/04/11)
Who am I? Carl Lannsteiner? Discoverer of blood groups?
Staff Reviews 10.04.11MUTEMATH - Odd Soul (Drew Beringer)
La Dispute - Wildlife (Adam Pfleider)
Mastodon - The Hunter (Drew Beringer)

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13.
03:04 AM on 10/04/11
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
and here's a collection of our reviews over other 10/4 releases
Jack's Mannequin - People and Things (Thomas Nassiff)
Lydia - Paint It Golden (Ryan Gardner)
We Are The In Crowd - Best Intentions (Ryan Gardner)
Cartel - In Stereo EP (Ryan Gardner)
New Found Glory - Radiosurgery (Thomas Nassiff)
Transit - Listen & Forgive (Thomas Nassiff)
03:06 AM on 10/04/11
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.
Why was there no review of the new Mayday?
03:25 AM on 10/04/11
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
tomorrow
05:56 AM on 10/04/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
and here's a collection of our reviews over other 10/4 releases
Jack's Mannequin - People and Things (Thomas Nassiff)
Lydia - Paint It Golden (Ryan Gardner)
We Are The In Crowd - Best Intentions (Ryan Gardner)
Cartel - In Stereo EP (Ryan Gardner)
New Found Glory - Radiosurgery (Thomas Nassiff)
Transit - Listen & Forgive (Thomas Nassiff)
We should install the ability to "Like" news comments.
06:20 AM on 10/04/11
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.
06:57 AM on 10/04/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
so stoked to see that review. I just know its score will be good. They came back with a band. ABH got a lot of hate but their Self Title is as good or better than A Lesson In Romantics and that just fantastic.
07:05 AM on 10/04/11
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.
so stoked to see that review. I just know its score will be good. They came back with a band. ABH got a lot of hate but their Self Title is as good or better than A Lesson In Romantics and that just fantastic.

I agree on all counts. I think this album is awesome. Really proves that when a label backs off and lets a band do what they do everything will go well. Hopefully ATL's next one will be like this and written with little to no outside input, but I digress. Anyway I hope someone cool reviews this cause they worked hard and it shows. This deserves a fair review.
07:20 AM on 10/04/11
Hereformusic
Forest of Noise
User Info.
Yay more Archer quotes!
07:22 AM on 10/04/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
So tired of hearing label things, who thinks Rise had a say in the new Man Overboard or Transit records? Mayday made a shitty record then they made a less shitty record, don't credit the label for a phantom phenomenon. The label execs aren't writing melodies. Labels always get villianized, even by bands, but that doesn't happen on this level. Mayday Parade isn't Katy Perry.
07:34 AM on 10/04/11
takeaction
They named constellations after us.
User Info.
So tired of hearing label things, who thinks Rise had a say in the new Man Overboard or Transit records? Mayday made a shitty record then they made a less shitty record, don't credit the label for a phantom phenomenon. The label execs aren't writing melodies. Labels always get villianized, even by bands, but that doesn't happen on this level. Mayday Parade isn't Katy Perry.
I wish you were Katy Perry..
07:44 AM on 10/04/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I think it is a 2 way street. Being on a major label for first time they wanted to play it safe and not argue with any suggestions or co-writes. They did not wanna loose the support of the label. Anywhere But Here has its moments but seems to suffer as an album that they thought needed to be created based on what was told to them. It is their melodies and lyrics (despite most songs being co-written) so it is a fault on the band. It is also their interpretation of what the label wanted and understandable nervousness jumping from a small label to a major.

They know what they wanted to do with this album and wrote it as a band not for anyone. It came out better cause they were not under the gun to get something down to specific specifications and seems like they had more time working on it. The fact of their effort and fun they had making it shows why it is better.
10:05 AM on 10/04/11
operablind
All of a sudden, I miss everyone.
User Info.
Tell that to Tony Brummel.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests