AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Inside AP.net

AP's Sponsored Rise Records Tour Sold Out

Posted by: Melissa Johnson (06/20/07)
One of AP's sponsored tours, The Rise Records Tour, featuring The Devil Wears Prada, Dance Gavin Dance, Drop Dead Gorgeous, and At the Throne of Judgment has announced that the run was a successful, sold-out national tour. The tour is not only the first sell-out tour package for Rise Records, but the first AP-sponsored tour to sell out as well.
Press ReleaseOregon 's Rise Records has sold out their first ever packaged national tour! The US tour, featuring an all star cast of Drop Dead, Gorgeous, The Devil Wears Prada, Dance Gavin Dance, and At the Throne of Judgment, started the beginning of June and has been selling out rooms as large as 800. The tour has been a booming success for all of the bands, and drummer Daniel Williams of The Devil Wears Prada gives us details saying "It's basically the hottest tour ever, in popularity and degree-wise. Everybody is booking us in 300 cap venues and selling 500 or 600 tickets. In Dekalb, IL at The House Café, which fits 150 kids, they let 400 kids in and turned away another 300 or so. It's all been pretty amazing." Sean O'Sullivan, guitarist of Dance Gavin Dance concurs, saying "The shows have been so packed it's performing to the extreme. Of course, this makes the venues like a sweatbox, way too hot, so we always end drenched! All the bands have been great, and we usually all hang out together after the show." The tour has been going well except for some run ins with the local authorities due to mistaken identities! This happened to mild mannered guitarist of The Devil Wears Prada, Jeremy DePoyster. "I was outside the venue with some other bands, and we had just gotten off stage, so I was totally drenched. All of sudden the cops rolled up, and I thought the other bands are about to get busted for partying, but the cop points at me and calls me over. He asks me why I'm all wet, starts questioning me and asking for my ID, while everyone is standing around defending me. Turns out, the cop had just chased the some guy wearing the exact same outfit out of an impound lot. They eventually let me go, of course."

Apart from run-ins with the law, this is a big tour for The Devil Wears Prada, who will be releasing their sophomore album Plagues on Rise at the end of August. They have taken the opportunity to preview some new music from the album on tour, and have had a great fan reaction, tells vocalist Mike Hranica. "The crowd reaction has been really great to the three new songs from the album. Plagues is basically still our same sound but with much more mature song writing. We all are really proud of it; there will be a lot more singing, but the heavier parts are much heavier." The band will be heading out on the Sounds of the Underground tour almost immediately after the end of the Rise Tour, and they are looking forward to it, tells DePoyster, "That will be our largest full tour yet, and we are looking forward to getting out there in front of the most kids ever. It will be a much different crowd than we're used to, and it will be good to just prove that we can do different kinds of tours."

Dance Gavin Dance, who recently released their debut album Downtown Battle Mountain, have been having a blast on the tour as well, and have been thriving on the diverse audience and the fact that they stand out among the bill. "The majority of the band's here are geared towards a different audience, which is strange for us, but we have fun with it. The crowd really forces us to step up our game, because people talk trash, and we give it right back to them. Overall, though there are always a group of kids that come out to see us, kids come up and tell us that enjoy our music, so it's very successful on that end." The band will be heading straight out on tour after this with good friends Pierce the Veil and Skylight Drive, which they are very excited about.

At The Throne of Judgment, who are known for their technical head banging metal riffs meshed with hardcore speed, are set to release their debut album The Arcanum Order, which itself means "The secret order." The album is dense with mythological references to forgotten pantheons and deities including Horus, the Egyptian god of the skies and Gaia, the Greek goddess of the earth.
The band have begun to make their mark on the current tour with their label mates, drummer Roger Hensley comments "We knew going into this tour we would be the heaviest act on the bill but it's amazing how many kids who love emo or melodies like some of the other bands have come up to us and told us they loved it. We were like, are you sure? (laughing)."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
12:05 PM on 06/20/07
ryanmiller
User Info.
Awesome! Carraway Clothing, my clothing company, sponsors The Devil Wears Prada :)
Check out Carraway Clothing on MySpace, http://www.myspace.com/carrawayclothing
Make sure you go ahead and check out all the other bands we sponsor, they're all great.
12:05 PM on 06/20/07
SaoMattie
Watch your back
User Info.
What a sick tour...I just threw up when I read the line-up.
12:16 PM on 06/20/07
TgE ARTdamage
Where are you Yeezy?
User Info.
does this even come to Minnesota?
12:18 PM on 06/20/07
xtheagonyscenex
User Info.
I was pretty bummed when I saw they werent coming anywhere near the Pacific Northwest...
12:20 PM on 06/20/07
Punkdc
Some guy who enjoys stuff
User Info.
Congrats AP! What you should do is do the bands you need to know with Say Anything and MC Lars with support from Lances Heroes and I'm almost 100% positive you can sponsor another sell out tour
12:20 PM on 06/20/07
callingallcars
remember us 4 all we pretend 2 be
User Info.
Club relevant is the best. they play the best underground hardcore music. i have seen devil wears prada there. five bucks.
12:22 PM on 06/20/07
tm decomposer
KEMBA WALKER 4 PREZ!!
User Info.
No New York
12:28 PM on 06/20/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
Congrats AP! What you should do is do the bands you need to know with Say Anything and MC Lars with support from Lances Heroes and I'm almost 100% positive you can sponsor another sell out tour

..If only. We might do another full on AP tour like that - but in the mean time we'll stick to sponsoring what we've got as doing the Bands You Need to Know tour was sort of a headache for Jason.
12:37 PM on 06/20/07
guitarsmash0r
count it.
User Info.

I believe The Loft (Poughkeepsie, NY) had this
12:37 PM on 06/20/07
kailaSUPAHrad
User Info.
too bad they came here on fathers day. i had this stupid party at my hosue and i couldn't go.
12:41 PM on 06/20/07
tonighttonight0
Rode the El Niño
User Info.
they shouldve come to wisconsin...that's an awesome lineup
12:50 PM on 06/20/07
tm decomposer
KEMBA WALKER 4 PREZ!!
User Info.
I believe The Loft (Poughkeepsie, NY) had this

thats not New York, who lives upstate? haha
12:57 PM on 06/20/07
elvis2x
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What an awful tour. Disgusting.
12:59 PM on 06/20/07
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
What an awful tour. Disgusting.

It must not have been that painful if it sold out.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests