Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts.
03:54 PM on 10/07/11
mayajasmine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Four years ago I was introduced to My Chemical Romance by a close friend. I remember the first time I listened to them and the first song I heard was 'Teenagers' it was a few months after The Black Parade was released in 2007 and almost instantly I fell in love with the band. I had favourites like 'I'm not Okay', 'Teenagers', 'Vampires Will Never Hurt You'. After about six months, I stopped listening to them, and I realised it was just some sort of a "phase" that I was going through. Their music was lost and I completely forgot about them.

But three years later, another friend told me about this great band she'd discovered called My Chemical Romance. I told her about how they used to be my favourite band and how great their music was. I decided I'd dig up some of their old albums I had and listen to them. After doing about of research I found out about 'Danger Days' and I suddenly became really excited for the album release. I had re-gained my love for the band, and I realised that I actually never stopped loving them.

Later on that year, I started going down hill. I was being teased and bullied at school and family stuff at home wasn't going great. I knew that My Chemical Romance had a great reputation for helping kids that were going through a hard time, and that they'd saved lots of lives. I felt like I was going to hit rock-bottom. I was self-harming, and I had suicidal thoughts. I honestly thought that this would be the end of my life.
But I think that changed after Danger Days came out. My Chemical Romance was my favourite band again, and they stopped me from killing myself. I no longer self-harm and/or have suicidal thoughts. I found relief in their music and I can't tell anyone enough how inspirational and beautiful these men are. I can relate my story to Gerard's. He picked up he's life and he has a beautiful wife and daughter, and makes beautiful music. I've realised I don't need blades to make that happen. I just need music.

One day, I will meet these men in person and tell them how much they've done for me, and how much they mean to me. Because without them I wouldn't be here now.

I am incredibly thrilled to have them come to Australia early next year. It's my goal and my dream to meet them, and I know when I see them in concert, I will cry and sing my heart out to every single song, and I'll be proud to say that you guys saved my life.

I know that other people have been through exactly the same thing I have, and I feel that everybody in this fanbase is a family and can relate to what other people and myself have been through.

Whoever has read this, thankyou very much, it means a lot. And I will never forget this band and the fact that they saved my life

Twitter: sail0rm00n_
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums