Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
03:48 PM on 10/08/11
CandyRacist
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sorry that the audio is off! D=
My years are slightly off (that's what I get for trying to figure it out quick...)

What I said since some was cut off:
"Hey guys, my name is Sammi and this is my short little story of how I discovered My Chemical Romance. I've done this video a few times now, but every time it ends up being, like, five-ten minutes, and that's a lot so I'm trying to really cut down. The first time I heard them I was ten, that was six years ago, around 2005 [Edit: I now realize that I was wrong... Not quite that long ago] and I heard the song Teenagers in the car with my best friend and her mom. Her mom had it on a CD that she'd gotten from a co-workers daughter, and instantly I was drawn in. It was very different from what I was listening to at the time, you know, I was ten, mostly what I was listening to was like Disney stars and Nickelodeon and all this other stuff. So to hear a band you know, besides that, and be so attracted to it was very different for me. The song Teenagers, I was very attracted to it. Its very dark, and very edgy and it was just totally different. I still haven't, you know, heard a lot of bands that can pull it off so well as My Chemical Romance. I've gone to two of their concerts now, with my friend Nicole (the one that I first have heard them with), and you know, Gerard Way is now, you know, my biggest idol. I admire him so much. When I, you know, was watching interviews about how much he'd gone through and, you know, how he'd overcome those obstacles and stuff... He, so yes, I consider him, you know, my biggest idol, besides my mom. She kinda beats you out... Sorry Gerard... Can't help that motherly... daughterly bond, I guess. But, so I heard them in the car and I went out and I bought the CD and I have all their CDs now, and I have all the music, and for the first time in my life, I have a favorite band. I have never considered myself to have a favorite band before, and I don't think I ever will in the future [Edit: As in a new favorite band]. I think My Chemical Romance will always have that just because their music is so different. And, you know, their CDs, like, they tell you a story that you can actually follow along, and I love that. Its very very different, and its something that, you know, I think everyone can like. So that's the story (and a little bit extra I guess) of how I discovered My Chemical Romance and why I like them. Bye!
{Sorry for using "like" and "you know" so much...}

This is the first video I've ever done, but its awesome to be able to share how I first heard My Chemical Romance! Gerard is one of my biggest idols and I look up to him very much! I'm actually doing an exaggerated (because it has to be seen from thirty feet away) pastel of him as Party Poison right now! I'll show the picture because I'm very proud of how it looks so far (though I have a LOOONNNGG way to go)!!

Keep in mind that he isn't close to being done yet! And I haven't even started his face yet... I'm actually dreading it. And his hair has orange streaks to emphasis the color and because the project for art needed "surprise colors" =D

08:20 AM on 10/09/11
CandyRacist
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really like that painting!
Also I think i like it without a face, it looks really cool!

Thanks so much! I'm glad someone (besides my art teacher who is obligated to say "It's so lovely!") likes it!!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests