AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts
02:23 AM on 10/06/11
Stroke
User Info.
Not in to win anything but I'll still submit my story because it's a very cool contest.
I'm gonna tell you how I got into My Chemical Romance because I was never that much into Blink.

I was like 12 and my little brother or maybe it was my big brother who had bought this video game called Burnout 3: Takedown and I remember it had an awesome soundtrack. And there was that one song that played when I was racing in Salt Lake City, I think, right when you get out of some kind of tunel and then you can see a lake on your right, and just the first notes of it made me think "that's gonna be a cool song" and the singer screamed and I thought "yes, that's cool". It was the dawn of my teen, I had just gotten into rock music, and this song "I'm not okay" really caught my attention. I liked how it rhymed, how it was loud and fast so then I looked for it on the internet and I found the lyrics but I didn't speak English very well at the time so I figured it was supposed to be a funny song and I loved it. A year later, they put out the Black Parade and I borrowed it from one of my friends and I thought "welcome to the black parade" was brilliant and the rest of the album was cool but when I was 16, which was last year, they put out Danger Days and that's about the time I really got into them and I bought all the CDs.
Whenever I think about that "I'm Not Okay" song, I still picture that 3D landscape and it brings me back memories and I'm getting all nostalgic because things were simple back then, when I only cared about music and friends.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos