Username
Password

Comments: Page 14
Displaying posts 195 - 210 of 408
08:05 PM on 10/07/11
Jen11235813
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Once upon a time, I was a very sheltered child not only living outside of any city, but outside the suburbs, even, happily listening to my mother’s Celine Dion and John Denver albums. I liked more popular music too, but like I said, I was sheltered, so I didn’t hear it very often- mostly when we had a substitute bus driver who would play something other than a country radio station. Then one day when I was in middle school, not very long after Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge came out, a friend of mine said to me, “Jen! I’ve completely fallen in love with this band I just discovered! They’re called My Chemical Romance. There’s this song- ‘To the End’- you’ve gotta hear it!” Or something to that effect, at least. And she wouldn’t shut up for weeks! Slowly, most of my other friends got on board, too. I still hadn’t, because I was too broke to buy the CD, and eventually another of my friends took pity on me and gave me a copy.

I listened to it, and I told my friends it was cool, because I didn’t want to offend them, but on the inside I was thinking, ‘What is this shit? I can’t even understand what this dude is saying! It’s completely unintelligible! How can you guys like this?’ However, I didn’t exactly get new CDs all the time, so I kept listening to it. I listened to it a lot. And then one day I realized that it had become my favorite album. I listened to it pretty much every day, and I sang along, and I couldn’t even begin to pick which song I loved the most, although I did like “To the End” at least as much as that first friend.

I was so in love. I listened to it when I was in a good mood and wanted to listen to something familiar and fun. I listened to it when I was in a bad mood and wanted to scream at the world, but couldn’t, so I let Gerard Way scream for me. My family had converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints when I was seven, and I listened to it when my parents wanted me to go to church or a youth meeting or sit through having the missionaries over for dinner, and I had to pretend to be a good little Mormon girl, had to fit my round self into this square hole and just pray to a God I didn’t really believe in that no one noticed, because I didn’t know how to tell anyone that my reluctance wasn’t just laziness making me hate three hour long services. I actually, genuinely didn’t believe. I just didn’t have that kind of faith in me, and I very strongly disagreed with the church’s anti-homosexuality stance.

Listening to that album during those times helped me to remember who I was. That I was different, and that that was not only okay, but a good thing. My parents and the church wouldn’t have approved of the album at all if they had known, but I knew that there was nothing wrong with it. I knew that under all of the swearing and bloody imagery, there wasn’t anything wrong about the underlying messages, and the band themselves were good guys. In a world full of plenty of asshole rock stars, I’d feel as safe on the My Chem tour bus as in my own living room, then and now.

A lot of people like to say that the band saved their life. When I was a sophomore in high school and swallowed as many pills as I could stand, the only thing that saved me that night was that I threw them all up before they could do any damage. The thing that kept me from doing it again every time my depression got really bad again was the realization I had that night that as much as I might not want to live anymore, I was even more afraid of dying. I saved my own life. I still battle with my depression sometimes, and I save my own life every time. My Chemical Romance had nothing to do with saving my life. But their music helped me deal with living it.

Also, their music is really awesome. Seriously. I love this band for making music that helped me through some rough times, but I love them even more for just making really awesome music. It wouldn’t have been such a help if it wasn’t completely awesome. I could listen to it all day. Actually, I have listened to it all day. I’ve never come across another band as artistic and energetic and also brilliant enough to make me have ridiculous amounts of fun listening to a song about war and going to hell (Here’s to you, “Mama”!). Also, ray guns, seriously. How awesome can they get?
08:05 PM on 10/07/11
NyquilComa
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

>w<
Sorry I talk too much.
My first video was originally 14 minutes long but then I figured it was too much. I got the basic down though.

MCR mess the world to me.
08:19 PM on 10/07/11
HaijaJayne
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm Haija. I'm 21 and this is how I first heard My Chemical Romance and Blink-182
09:05 PM on 10/07/11
holls387
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Okay I tried posting a video,but my computer sucks. I first heard of My Chemical Romance when I went to my friends friend's house, we went in her room and her walls were covered in MCR posters and for some reason at first I thought they were creepy lol. Then my friends brother made me listen to Teenagers and I loved the song, so I went out and bought the Black Parade and loved it so much I listened to it 24/7. I was always afraid, i guess, to tell people I listened to them cuz I always got called emo and shit like, but fuck them, MCR is the best haha. I was going through a hard time in life and I thought I was all alone, but MCR taught me it was okay to be messed up,and I wasn't the only one. Though I have tried killing myself and it was a miricale I survived, Their music was the only thing that got me back on my feet. Though I still struggle with anxiety and other stuff, mcr makes it more bearible, I am now smiling all the time and my friends tell me I am the happiest person they know. Man, if they only saw me two years ago haha And its all thanks to My Chemical Romance! Welcome To The Black Parade is the song that saved me :)

My parents have tried to take my mcr cd's from me ( they really don't like them -_- ) But i'm too sneaky for them, so they failed haha. When I'm having a bad day, their music makes it 10x better. I can say that they have saved my life multiple times. They are actually having a concert in my city as I type and I am very Sad that I couldn't go, but I will most deffinatley be there next time lol. MCR, if you ever read this ( though I seriously doubt it ) Thank you so much for saving my life, your music means the world to me :) keep making awesome music!
09:16 PM on 10/07/11
Punker541
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Two years ago If you walked past my house you would see a small blonde girl in a dark massive hoodie and baggy jeans curled up on the porch swing a small glass like tear slidding down her pale cheek. That same girl is now smiling all the time and laughing. Her cheeks are red and her face has life. She is wearing bright colors and enjoying life. A complete 180 in just over 6 months. You see two years ago I was about as lost and depressed as black hole in space. No drive or direction no friends trying to help me, however two years I also had never heard MCR. I was two months into Freshmen year whenI first heard Gerard Ways voice through believe it or not a Cell phone. I was sitting in my room reading when my silver LG Dare vibrated inside the pocket of my sweatpants. My Best friend was calling me which was strange as she was at a concert. I picked up and a wave of noise washed over me, before I could say anything she yelled at me to listen and a brief pause in the sound reveled one of the most amazing sounds I had every heard. Gerard Way was singing " Helena" and although I only heard a quick glimpse I knew it was an instant love match. The sound was choppy and peppered but For the next 24 hours I day dreamed about those few lines. Little did I know that two years later I would look back and owe them my life....http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Famou...5&tx=139&ty=57
09:50 PM on 10/07/11
tinybomb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
10:06 PM on 10/07/11
Nessagirl66
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

basically summing this up I discovered My Chemical Romance in 7th grade/ 2008 from a really good edited Sims 2 video with their song Helena and I thought the song was good so I looked up the video and got addicted to the song and looked more interviews and songs and thats how I became an MCR fan :) I would of made it longer because really this is just apart of my MCR story and it really goes so much more deeper then this but it just said how I discovered them and I didn't want to make a 30 minute long video and half of it of me going ummm and uhhh and sooooo but I do thank My Chemical Romance for being my biggest inspiration for music and keeping me going in my toughest times
10:09 PM on 10/07/11
katiaskarma
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

For my favorite band of all time, My Chemical Romance<3

Thank you, Gerard, Mikey, Ray, and Frank, for always being there for me:)
10:47 PM on 10/07/11
Amy3173
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I made a video. It's more personal and meaningful that way.
10:49 PM on 10/07/11
ShotGunnSinner
HairBackMotherFcker
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
10:58 PM on 10/07/11
Tiana_tw
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Yes, the most interesting thing is...I didn't find them because of listening to their music, just because of "Six Degrees of Separation"...interesting, right?
11:33 PM on 10/07/11
kyraxaryk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
01:17 AM on 10/08/11
Jessandry22
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
01:27 AM on 10/08/11
TravisSaidSo
User Info.
MCR: I heard teenagers and everyone liked it because it had the word shit in it
Blink: I heard Fuck a Dog and my life was changed forever
02:39 AM on 10/08/11
Nah Nah Nah
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x8oLPl2IcI Mmk my story is not very exciting or anything... infact it's kinda really lame... But it's TRUE.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos