Password
AP.net Related News - Page 19
Displaying posts 270 - 285 of 410.
11:46 AM on 10/09/11
ZoneSpecter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3TzwTDut0o
Couldn't get the video thing to work so this is just a link to my video I made on youtube
12:01 PM on 10/09/11
megeliz13
User Info.
01:51 PM on 10/09/11
RavenWind
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ok so how i found My chemical romance...Well i was at the libary doing my homework and my friend Nancy who i was with at the time dragged me by the ear to a computer and plopped me down in front of it then played the music video for Helena and we were both hooked then. i am still despratly trying to score tickets to see em for the first time.
02:09 PM on 10/09/11
cellophaneheart
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm going to make a video, but i need to shower...and do my make up..hmm
02:33 PM on 10/09/11
Acid_Adrenaline
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
03:05 PM on 10/09/11
LittleChem
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
05:56 PM on 10/09/11
Juliette17
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I put love and passion into this video. Thank you <3
06:45 PM on 10/09/11
DDRgurl713
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Haha, my fiance actually just started quoting an MCR song as soon as I started to type this up. And he has no clue I'm typing up something about MCR =D

Anyways, I was the young age of 15. It was July of 2005. Of course I was a "goth" kid, so I spent my summer inside (to stay EXTRA pale), with my bondage pants and hoodie on, curled up on the couch. What one wouldn't guess is I gave in to my guilty pleasure: Watching music videos on MTV2.

Up until this point, I had liked bands. My parents were in to 70's and 80's metal and rock, so I had a good background there. I had also branched off and gotten in to bands like New Found Glory, Blink 182, Sum 41, etc. But I had never LOVED a band. Bands always had good lyrics. But the lyrics never SPOKE to me. I was a choir kid, so I was naturally in to music. But at that point, I had never had a band to call my own. And of course, since the age of 12, I had problems with depression, anxiety, and self-harming issues.

So there I was, watching music videos on MTV2. I got up to go get a drink and all the sudden I heard this unfamiliar, but enticing voice sing "Long Ago...". I dropped my drink and went and sat on the couch, staring at the TV. That's how much that first phrase struck a chord in me. I watched the whole music video, watching every last second to grab the name of the band. By the end of the music video, I felt all of the emotions I had been holding in for the past 3 years released from me. In just those 4 minutes, every single bad feeling finally had an outlet. I felt renewed.

I turned off the TV, ran to my computer and started researching them. Within a couple of hours, I had downloaded (illegally =/) all of "Three Cheers" and made an executive decision that this was MY band. This was the band that spoke to me. This was the band that made me feel real. This was MY band.

Despite finding an outlet for my negative emotions, I still had problems. They weren't suddenly fixed. And I had refused to go see a counselor because, well, I didn't want help.

A few months later, I found out they were touring near me. Now, I had NEVER been to a concert before, so it was difficult convincing my parents to let me go. But I did it. MCR was my very first concert. The music was even more real when it was being played live. And at that concert, Gerard gave his very famous suicide speech. "If you're feeling depressed, get help!" And that was the speech that forced me in to that counselors office at school.

Anyways, a few years go by, I had been doing great. Of course a few ups and downs, but nothing as bad as it had been. It was my senior year in high school. I was trying to find a college to attend. I was trying to figure out my career track. I had wanted to stay with music, but I wanted to do psychology and counseling as well. But more than anything, I wanted to emulate MCR and help people through music. But the only way I knew to do that was to be in a band, which I'm just not a stage person. That's when I found music therapy.

MCR influenced my career choice and path in life.

So, I added a little more than I was supposed to, but I felt it important to include that even now, as I have started my senior year as a music therapy AND psychology major, I still thank God everyday for giving me MCR because they have literally help me find myself and helped me to find my true calling in life, which is helping people through music =)

(BTW's the photos are from the concert on May 11th, 2011 in ATL, GA that I went to with my fiance. Only the 2nd the time I had seen them and it was 5 hours away from where I live. But guess what? That traveling was well worth it because I got to see them on my 21st birthday =p)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	meffer.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	55012  Click image for larger version

Name:	writting.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	55022  Click image for larger version

Name:	gee.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	55032  
Attached Images

06:59 PM on 10/09/11
luckythejohnnie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I'm sorry! I know it's a bit long! This is me talking about my first time hearing My Chem and reading an excerpt from an essay I wrote in high school called "Chemically Induced Happiness"...which is about the first time I heard My Chem...yep...
07:58 PM on 10/09/11
brandeeb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
08:06 PM on 10/09/11
jamiejam09
User Info.
08:43 PM on 10/09/11
toroisboro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
08:56 PM on 10/09/11
MCRFreak101
User Info.
How I discovered My Chemical Romance!

/Moa, 15, Sweden
Heyy Friend(:
Just Wondering Where You Got That Rockin' Shirt!(:
Do You Know Where iMight Be Able To Get It??
Thankss :D
09:04 PM on 10/09/11
wolf_mistress17
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So I'm not able to make a video unfortunately, so I have to put my two cents in writing! It's nothing fancy but I do attribute this to fate in finding the best band ever.

The first time I heard My Chemical Romance was when I was in middle school. It was probably sometime in 2005, because Three Cheers would have already been released. Anyway, since I was in middle school, I was picked up by my Dad on some days from school. On this particular day, he actually let me fiddle with the radio!! I know, right? So I switch it over to the local rock station (which would be pretty taboo at that time, but now I listen whenever, obviously) and this song starts... and its super catchy and the lyrics are both WTF and hilarious! I kept wondering what my dad was thinking about it but I didn't care, this was MY music!! So yeah, the very first song was I'm Not Okay, and I filed them away in my brain for awhile after I heard that song.

The next time I heard/saw MCR was watching MTV one morning before school, again. When the video started, I was like oooooh this name is familiar! So it was the Helena video I was watching, which is a freakin' amazing video. And by this point I was putting faces to a band name, and considering these guys aren't too bad looking (right guys and gals? haha) I was pretty interested. Plus, their style was something that I totally dig, even now. But I absolutely fell in love with that song, Helena. Sometimes the video still gives me chills, but that was when I just KNEW I had to buy their CD. I think I might've begged my mom to get it for me for Christmas, or just in general, because I really wanted it. Although me and a friend did find a few songs online after that, which is how I discovered the Bullets CD, but I didn't get that one until later off of Eyeball's site. Since then, Black Parade and Danger Days have followed, and there is just no way to pick a favorite. Each one is just great, because it's the heart and soul of these guys.

The first time I saw and heard MCR live was in April 2007. They came to my state (unfortunately not my home town so there was a few hours drive involved, but totally worth it). That was also my first real experience being in a crowd like that. It was a tight bunch and my friends and I were holding on to each other for dear life. It was the Black Parade tour, and when Gerard came out on the stretcher, I thought I was going to die. I sang EVERY word, no matter how exhausting it got being tousled around in the pit. Nothing mattered but me, them and the music. I got to see them again this year in May in Atlanta, and that was just freakin' fantabulous all over again! I avoided the pit this time, in the interest of taking some pics, haha! My mom and I (yes I have my mom totally hooked on them now too!) went up to the second balcony of the place to get a really awesome view of the stage. It was certainly a different vantage point but it did NOT take away from the show. MCR has such wonderful songs and stage presence that it has to be near impossible for them to have a sucky show.

I'm not really one of those fans that has a "MCR saved my life" story. Sure, their music is sometimes what I go for if I'm in a particular mood, or I just need to get away from thinking, but I've never been faced with anything yet that I've needed saved from. But the good news is, I know that they will always be there to turn to if something does come up, and that is another reason to love this band even more!

So anyway, I'm rambling, but I will include a picture from this year's show!
09:31 PM on 10/09/11
kokomarro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

My MCR story. Hope you enjoy though I am quiet. Not your typical fan, I really do hope that something good comes of this. Though I'm well aware this is a "contest" I just want someone to learn something from this video. To see that average is an opinion between different people and hopefully this will help you understand why I listen to MCR. This is my story thus far.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS