AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 45
09:40 AM on 06/22/07
mrzippo3
User Info.
Mr. Brett's musical taste has seemed to have gone to shit in recent years.... just look at Epitaph
Is that the case? Or does he have a good A & R staff that know what they are doing and know how to sign bands that will sell records? Hmm..
09:44 AM on 06/22/07
SuperJoe
i am a patient boy
User Info.
Is that the case? Or does he have a good A & R staff that know what they are doing and know how to sign bands that will sell records? Hmm..

um that has nothing to do with my response. i'm relatively certain that panic and fob are not on epitaph.
09:49 AM on 06/22/07
mrzippo3
User Info.
um that has nothing to do with my response. i'm relatively certain that panic and fob are not on epitaph.
You were questioning Brett's musical tastes because of what Epitaph has been signing, nothing to do with FOB or P!

I was saying, He has a good A & R staff obviously because they sign a lot of bands that sell a lot of records.
09:55 AM on 06/22/07
SuperJoe
i am a patient boy
User Info.
You were questioning Brett's musical tastes because of what Epitaph has been signing, nothing to do with FOB or P!

I was saying, He has a good A & R staff obviously because they sign a lot of bands that sell a lot of records.

in my original post i quoted this:

A personal endorsment for Fall Out Boy and Panic! At the Disco from the Godfather of Punk. Maybe now the haters will take a break, nah probably not.

so yes, it had everything to do with that. and i was saying it's not surprising that he likes those bands based off the stuff he has been recently signing. i have no idea where record sales come into play, but if you feel it's necessary, then show me one indie label band who has matched the success of the offspring - smash. and yes, that was back in the day when epitaph was a good label.
09:57 AM on 06/22/07
mrzippo3
User Info.
in my original post i quoted this:

so yes, it had everything to do with that. and i was saying it's not surprising that he likes those bands based off the stuff he has been recently signing. i have no idea where record sales come into play, but if you feel it's necessary, then show me one indie label band who has matched the success of the offspring - smash. and yes, that was back in the day when epitaph was a good label.
Epitaph is still a good label, a great label.
10:03 AM on 06/22/07
SuperJoe
i am a patient boy
User Info.
Epitaph is still a good label, a great label.

well i suppose you're entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong.
10:08 AM on 06/22/07
mrzippo3
User Info.
well i suppose you're entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong.
haha ok buddy, sure.
10:55 AM on 06/22/07
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
Barring a complete reorganization of the music industry from the top down, we will never see another album sell 11 million units on an independent label. Period, end of story, end of argument. It's not me being a jerk to you or anyone else--it just won't ever happen. We're lucky to see artists touch 4 million on major labels nowadays. That whole "less units of more artists" concept in the interview applies here.
11:07 AM on 06/22/07
cannibalgirl
User Info.
i go to school with brett's son, max.
its pretty sweet.
12:06 PM on 06/22/07
SuperJoe
i am a patient boy
User Info.
Barring a complete reorganization of the music industry from the top down, we will never see another album sell 11 million units on an independent label. Period, end of story, end of argument. It's not me being a jerk to you or anyone else--it just won't ever happen. We're lucky to see artists touch 4 million on major labels nowadays. That whole "less units of more artists" concept in the interview applies here.

i'm not disputing that with you. i was merely talking about Mr. Brett's taste in music. somehow that other guy transitioned that into record sales and i just responded with an example. i think anyone with a grasp of economics and a minor knowledge of the diluted music industry could draw that conclusion though.
12:11 PM on 06/22/07
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
i'm not disputing that with you. i was merely talking about Mr. Brett's taste in music. somehow that other guy transitioned that into record sales and i just responded with an example. i think anyone with a grasp of economics and a minor knowledge of the diluted music industry could draw that conclusion though.
So what's wrong with what he listens to? It's completely subjective, anyway. Would you respect him more if he sat there and just answered bands they grew up with 25 years ago?
12:16 PM on 06/22/07
tomorrowiscomin
Lost
User Info.
That was a great interview, its always good to see how Bad Religion aren't just a typically band. Greg and Brett are both very interesting people, can't wait for the new cd.
12:19 PM on 06/22/07
CountMeOut923
Registered Member
User Info.
This was a really great interview with awesome questions.
01:17 PM on 06/22/07
dannyrobes
Boy Castle Guitarist
User Info.
This interview was great - very original and refreshing. Greg and Brett are such bright and humble individuals. I respect them and Bad Religion so much and am grateful for all that they have done for punk rock. I can't wait to leave Greg a picture comment on MySpace. Haha.
02:27 PM on 06/22/07
SuperJoe
i am a patient boy
User Info.
So what's wrong with what he listens to? It's completely subjective, anyway. Would you respect him more if he sat there and just answered bands they grew up with 25 years ago?

yes

rehab obviously fucked his tastes up quite a bit.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos